Author Topic: More problems with Global warming theory- scientists challange UN climate panel  (Read 2059 times)

Mons Venus

Ill refer you to to my earlier post about Christy, he may support MMGW, but he thinks it is a good thing.

LOL!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Have I ever supported organized religion?  Yes or no?  

Second, did it ever dawn on you that the earth is BILLIONS of years old and goes through cycles that have nothing to do with us?  

Third, did it ever dawn on you that even if your precious global warming were in fact true, that changing light bulbs, giving Goldman Sachs a carbon trading market, and driving Toyota prius's is likely to have ZERO impact whatsoever?  
1. What is the difference between organized or non-organized religion?  Supernatural, illogical, irrational thinking is Supernatural and illogical and irrational whether it is organized or not.

2. The Biology on Earth certainly affects many conditions on earth.  Too Numerous to even go into.  Research the role of CFC`s and Ozone Depletion if you would like to see just what humans are capable of doing.  This is just the tip of the Iceberg so to speak of the ability of humans to alter the earth, again, too many instances to list.  Furthermore, what do you think would happen if we engaged in full scale Nuclear War?  Clearly humans can have a tremendous impact on the Ecology and Atmosphere.  To think otherwise is just ignorant.

3. Global Warming is a Scientific Fact.  Mitigating the effects are possible and complicated.  Given the trend that population growth is not slowing down, these changes will be necessary on a large scale.  Overpopulation will eventually be the real glaring problem for many reasons.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
LOL!

Something funny Bloomin' Onion? You'll notice that I posted a link so assclowns like you can actually read his quotes about his position on the subject. But I guess expecting a fuckhead like you to do so would be asking to much
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Something funny Bloomin' Onion? You'll notice that I posted a link so assclowns like you can actually read his quotes about his position on the subject. But I guess expecting a fuckhead like you to do so would be asking to much
Actually you didn`t.

Try clicking on the links.  Nothing happens.  ;)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Actually you didn`t.

Try clicking on the links.  Nothing happens.  ;)

Worked fine for me.  Anyway, here's what's on the site:

"Professor and Director, Atmospheric Science Department, University of Alabama at Huntsville
Alabama State Climatologist. Lead Author, 2001 IPCC TAR.

While he now acknowledges that global warming is real and the human contribution is significant, Christy has been a long-time skeptic who previously argued that satellite climate data do not show a trend toward global warming, and even show cooling in some areas. His findings have been widely disputed. Christy now asserts that global warming will have beneficial effects on the planet and that increased CO2 emissions from human activities are a net positive.

Christy was a contributing writer to "Global Warming and Other Eco-Myths," published by Competitive Enterprise Institute in 2002. He spoke at a June 1998 briefing for congressional staff and media, which was sponsored by the Cooler Heads Coalition.

PhD University of Illinois, 1987, Atmospheric Science M.S. University of Illinois, 1984, Atmospheric Science M.Div. Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, 1978 B.A. California State University, Fresno, 1973, Mathematics"

________________________ ____________

Let's put Christy aside for the moment.  Would you agree that there is sufficient dissent and questions so as to warrant us saying, "hold-up", let's not panic, let's put more money into research, and then draw our conclusions?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Worked fine for me.  Anyway, here's what's on the site:

"Professor and Director, Atmospheric Science Department, University of Alabama at Huntsville
Alabama State Climatologist. Lead Author, 2001 IPCC TAR.

While he now acknowledges that global warming is real and the human contribution is significant, Christy has been a long-time skeptic who previously argued that satellite climate data do not show a trend toward global warming, and even show cooling in some areas. His findings have been widely disputed. Christy now asserts that global warming will have beneficial effects on the planet and that increased CO2 emissions from human activities are a net positive.

Christy was a contributing writer to "Global Warming and Other Eco-Myths," published by Competitive Enterprise Institute in 2002. He spoke at a June 1998 briefing for congressional staff and media, which was sponsored by the Cooler Heads Coalition.

PhD University of Illinois, 1987, Atmospheric Science M.S. University of Illinois, 1984, Atmospheric Science M.Div. Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, 1978 B.A. California State University, Fresno, 1973, Mathematics"

________________________ ____________

Let's put Christy aside for the moment.  Would you agree that there is sufficient dissent and questions so as to warrant us saying, "hold-up", let's not panic, let's put more money into research, and then draw our conclusions?
No.  There is not sufficient evidence against Global Warming and the significance of human activity as causation.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Not really a problem at all.  McKitrick has long been an opponent of climate change science and isn't a scientist himself. 

All studies should be looked at of course but one study does not automatically mean a theory proven over 100's of scientific papers is wrong. 
Abandon every hope...

Kazan

• Getbig V
Not really a problem at all.  McKitrick has long been an opponent of climate change science and isn't a scientist himself.  

All studies should be looked at of course but one study does not automatically mean a theory proven over 100's of scientific papers is wrong.  

If it was proven it wouldn't be a theory.

And if you want to get into who is and isn't scientist why is the head of the UN climate change committee an economist?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
No.  There is not sufficient evidence against Global Warming and the significance of human activity as causation.  

Really? So they can just throw out a theory, use manufactured/manipulated data, and I 'm just supposed to accept it? I think not. The burden of proof lies solely with the theorist, and they have been weighted and measured and found wanting.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
If it was proven it wouldn't be a theory.

And if you want to get into who is and isn't scientist why is the head of the UN climate change committee an economist?
Uh, A theory in Scientific terms is merely the explanation/mechanism of an observable fact based on empirical data and has nothing to do with being "less true" or "not definite" as you think.

Atomic Theory, Germ Theory, Cell Theory, Particle Theory, Einstein`s Special Theory of Relativity and so on.   

"Just a Theory" does not mean what you think it does and I advise you to at least learn a little bit about Science before you make such juvenile statements. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Really? So they can just throw out a theory, use manufactured/manipulated data, and I 'm just supposed to accept it? I think not. The burden of proof lies solely with the theorist, and they have been weighted and measured and found wanting.
Uh no.  There is no manufactured or manipulated data.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Uh no.  There is no manufactured or manipulated data.

TA you are sounding more and more like the religious fundies you mock every day in your defense of this scam.   

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Here you go Shootfighter and other denialists:

Here is an Article on Christy from an interview he conducted.  John Christy is the one mentioned in Shootfighter`s article that does nothing to further denialism.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2003/12/18/MNGNV3PH9D1.DTL&type=printable
 Another significant signer was John Christy, director of the University of Alabama's Earth Systems Science Center, a more cautious supporter of the idea that humans are causing climate change.

In a phone interview, Christy said that while he supports the AGU declaration, and is convinced that human activities are the major cause of the global warming

Learning how to communicate without formatting is a true skill and one few make much effort to hone. To be able to communicate with clarity simply by the words you choose and how you choose to use them without relying on bolding, font size, caps or colors is the true sign of a skilled communicator.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Ah, no.

There is not sufficient evidence for Global Warming.

The same people who came up with the raw data, now admit that the data is unreliable.

What don't you understand? The basis for this "theory" never existed, nor proven.  Since the data is unreliable and misleading, there was never a true observation of the event and it can't even be classified as a "theory".

Like I said. You need more faith to believe this garbage, than to believe in Jesus.

It's hilarious that you are acting like the religious lunatics that you criticize so much. You have no evidence, the scientists themselves are saying that their evidence is lacking, and yet you are holding on to your belief.  Sounds like a christian to me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Ah, no.

There is not sufficient evidence for Global Warming.

The same people who came up with the raw data, now admit that the data is unreliable.

What don't you understand? The basis for this "theory" never existed, nor proven.  Since the data is unreliable and misleading, there was never a true observation of the event and it can't even be classified as a "theory".

Like I said. You need more faith to believe this garbage, than to believe in Jesus.

It's hilarious that you are acting like the religious lunatics that you criticize so much. You have no evidence, the scientists themselves are saying that their evidence is lacking, and yet you are holding on to your belief.  Sounds like a christian to me.
Pure undiluted ignorance.  Hard to know where to start to combat such misinformed irrationality.  Sounds like you are a hopeless cause in regards to empirical data.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Pure undiluted ignorance.  Hard to know where to start to combat such misinformed irrationality.  Sounds like you are a hopeless cause in regards to empirical data.

TA - get this through your thick skull, your blind acceptance of the garbage coming from the "climate scientists" whose methods and data are now admitted to have been flawed puts you in the same exact category as those religious nutjobs you gleefully mock.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Oh gosh the trenches have been dug and the bombs are now being thrown.  I admit there are inconsistencies in some climate reports, i admit there are some less than noble climate scientists out there, but these truths do not change the view and studies of thousands of climate scientists. 

Lets be logical for a second -
do you honestly think burning coal, nuclear waste, creating plastics that take thousands of years to break down and dumping them etc are good practices for the long term health of the earth? Or the long term health of the people on this earth? 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Oh gosh the trenches have been dug and the bombs are now being thrown.  I admit there are inconsistencies in some climate reports, i admit there are some less than noble climate scientists out there, but these truths do not change the view and studies of thousands of climate scientists. 

Lets be logical for a second -
do you honestly think burning coal, nuclear waste, creating plastics that take thousands of years to break down and dumping them etc are good practices for the long term health of the earth? Or the long term health of the people on this earth? 

That's not the issue and you know it. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
TA - get this through your thick skull, your blind acceptance of the garbage coming from the "climate scientists" whose methods and data are now admitted to have been flawed puts you in the same exact category as those religious nutjobs you gleefully mock.  

Sorry, but Science operates on empirical data, evidence and testable hypothesis.  Religion operates on nothing.  No evidence, no data, nothing concrete whatsoever. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The only thing proven about the theory of man made global warming is that its a hoax perpatrated by people who want the United States to fund more poor nations.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sorry, but Science operates on empirical data, evidence and testable hypothesis.  Religion operates on nothing.  No evidence, no data, nothing concrete whatsoever. 

Keep it up TA - you are moving into Falwell/Robertson territory with your insistance on following these snake oil salesmen who now have admitted to fraud. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Pure undiluted ignorance.  Hard to know where to start to combat such misinformed irrationality.  Sounds like you are a hopeless cause in regards to empirical data.

Sorry, but you are the fool here. You claim science works on empirical data, yet the data has already been discredited. The person who came up with the "hockey stick" graph can't defend his findings and will not have any independent agency test his findings.

This is what passes for science in your tiny brain?

Again, you state religion operates on nothing. Yet, you believe in global warming/climate change which also operates on nothing, because it's not supported by any PROVEN SCIENTIFIC METHOD. Neither you, nor any one in the world can provide data that can be tested again and again to prove what you believe. You have more faith than any christian I know.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Sorry, but you are the fool here. You claim science works on empirical data, yet the data has already been discredited. The person who came up with the "hockey stick" graph can't defend his findings and will not have any independent agency test his findings.

This is what passes for science in your tiny brain?

Again, you state religion operates on nothing. Yet, you believe in global warming/climate change which also operates on nothing, because it's not supported by any PROVEN SCIENTIFIC METHOD. Neither you, nor any one in the world can provide data that can be tested again and again to prove what you believe. You have more faith than any christian I know.
Your post is a giant myth and lie.  Hope this helps.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Much like the theory of man made global warming.

James

Much like the "Hope and Change"  that many voted for.