Author Topic: cramp in my left quad!  (Read 4533 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
cramp in my left quad!
« on: March 19, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »
I was doing squat today and suddenly in my third set while coming up i felt some kind of spasm in the left upper thigh area( the muscle which connects to the obliques).I felt as if the muscle was shifting its place when it occured.But i completed my leg workout by Gods grace with pain inside :) ,I know little foolish but couldnt quit. when ever I get up or walk I experience an irritating pain. what do you guys suggest??

Thank you

jpm101

• Getbig IV
Re: cramp in my left quad!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »
First would be rest from squatting for at least 7 to 10 days. Try working around the injury. If you felt warmth or heat around the injury that may suggest a slight (hopefully) muscle/tendon pull. Rest heals this the best, usually. Also might suggest a linking ab wall  problem.

Check your shoes, foot stance, unexpected shift of the bar/weight on the shoulders when squatting. If you squat on a Smith machine, this may be a root cause.  OK for short range squatting (1/2, 1/4, etc) but some experience trouble with full ROM in this regard. Smith's do not always present a problem right away. Sometime month's go by trouble free, but it seems the more weight added over those months things can develop in a negative way. Some never have a problem, but others can without warning. Good Luck.
F

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 06:30:08 AM »
First would be rest from squatting for at least 7 to 10 days. Try working around the injury. If you felt warmth or heat around the injury that may suggest a slight (hopefully) muscle/tendon pull. Rest heals this the best, usually. Also might suggest a linking ab wall  problem.

Check your shoes, foot stance, unexpected shift of the bar/weight on the shoulders when squatting. If you squat on a Smith machine, this may be a root cause.  OK for short range squatting (1/2, 1/4, etc) but some experience trouble with full ROM in this regard. Smith's do not always present a problem right away. Sometime month's go by trouble free, but it seems the more weight added over those months things can develop in a negative way. Some never have a problem, but others can without warning. Good Luck.
Thanks Jpm, but I feel that I have been not doing adequate warm ups from couple of months or I might have hastily done my set .I never done squat on a smith machine ,I dont know was never comfortable with it.I have to go back and see my foot position and placement of bar accodingly,took a painkiller last night and it feels better and hopefully the inflamation should reduce :)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »
Maybe get a massage and take hot baths or jacuzzis.  Also, don't push through a w/o after hurting yourself! 
R

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:55:51 AM »
Maybe get a massage and take hot baths or jacuzzis.  Also, don't push through a w/o after hurting yourself! 
thanks stella! much appreciated! hope things are good with you as well.  :)