Author Topic: Did you know? Pumping Iron....  (Read 3133 times)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
Re: Did you know? Pumping Iron....
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 12:05:54 PM »
As you should. I mean, I am the source for all things Arnold on Getbig.  ;)

BTW, who are you talking about as 'he took away the ability to train with him at the ASC'?

As for the whole Columbus deal... The bond between Arnold and Jim was formed in 1970 when Arnold won the Mr. World. So impressed was he with Jim's organization of the show that he wanted to partner up with him once he retired from competing. One has to assume that since Columbus, Ohio is the birthplace of that bond, if you will, is the reason the ASC is always held there.

hey pollux,,,
care to share any stories in regars to arnold,,, gym lore, training etc... what ever you like.  how much of wendy leigh's unauth bio do you think is true...?

thanks

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »
         that's why you hold it in a shithole, those people are so starved for entertainment that on saturday nights they go down to the park to watch grass grow. so you can imagine how exciting bodybuilding is to them.

I agree with Columbus, Ohio being a shit hole!! I compare it to Romania but much worse.  :D ;D
D

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 03:22:55 PM »
hey pollux,,,
care to share any stories in regars to arnold,,, gym lore, training etc... what ever you like.  how much of wendy leigh's unauth bio do you think is true...?

thanks

If you mean personal stories then no. Never trained with him or seen him in a gym in person (Although I would kill to!) The only times I've seen him and shaken his hand has been at the Arnold Classic and his seminar. I've just been a really HUGE fan of his for many years.

As for Wendy Leigh's book... hmmmmm... I tend to believe more so than not about what's said in the book. I mean, I don't think she's pulling stories outta her ass and claims to backup who her sources are in the book. An interesting book you may want to check out is True Myths: The Life and Times of Arnold Schwarzenegger by Nigel Andrews. His book kinda dissects some of the stuff Wendy says.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »

Never knowing what was told here about the relationship between Lorimer and Arnold, I knew the AC took over the former contest.

However, I just assumed they held it in Columbus because it was more centrally located than the other contests. For instance, you have the Ironman, the NOC (RIP), on the one coast so the other people can't exactly just drive to get there. But with Columbus, it's possible that many people from the the surrounding states can still drive, take a train or whatever to the location.

Not saying this is the perfect location, but a bit more practical then LA or Tampa Bay.

And Columbus is a shithole. It's like going to Toledo & Cleveland all over again. If they didn't serve beer in either city, I'm sure it's own inhabitants would live there.