Author Topic: Massive 8.8 Magnitude EQ hits Chile - 2012 coming early?  (Read 21927 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: Massive 8.8 Magnitude EQ hits Chile - 2012 coming early?
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »

There's no need for concern about anything in the world until the entire U.S. east coast gets hit with a tsunami. 

BIGRENS79

• Getbig II
  • MR. POT HEAD
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2010, 08:57:37 AM »
HAARP ????? ???

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2010, 09:01:12 AM »
They are expecting waves to be the biggest in hawaii since 1964.  But, we will see.  I have in several tsunami warnings and nothing happened.  Hope it isn't to bad.  The stores are going crazy there people buying batteries and water and canned food. 
No Worries 4 me

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2010, 09:04:45 AM »
They are expecting waves to be the biggest in hawaii since 1964.  But, we will see.  I have in several tsunami warnings and nothing happened.  Hope it isn't to bad.  The stores are going crazy there people buying batteries and water and canned food. 
They should buy snokerls lol

and life vests

Hawaii = bay baiii

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 09:05:28 AM »
There's no need for concern about anything in the world until the entire U.S. east coast gets hit with a tsunami. 
With a specific focus on the White House, where the President has a beautiful spokeswoman whose ex-boyfriend is the only one in the global scientific community who has noticed the beginnings of such a disaster and knows what to do to avert it. Er, or, something like that.  

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 09:08:25 AM »
Time to ungay this thread. 

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 09:18:52 AM »
They should buy snokerls lol

and life vests

Hawaii = bay baiii

well just talked my daughter.  She said it was on the news all night.  She said nothing is going to happened.  She is Kona so it probably won't hit that side if there is one.  It isn't the damage to her place that I am worried about it is the lack of stuff if something does happened.  She has plenty of water (she has 50 cases of bottled water in the garage) she said she has plenty of food and stuff so she will be okay.  knowing her and her husband they will go surf
No Worries 4 me

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »
Cue all of the self-righteous, holier-than-thou morons who will, again, "consider" adopting a poor little orphaned Chilean baby just as they "considered" adopting the Hatian orphans. Oh brother

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »
Cue all of the self-righteous, holier-than-thou morons who will, again, "consider" adopting a poor little orphaned Chilean baby just as they "considered" adopting the Hatian orphans. Oh brother
Hait???  What happened in Haiti?  Oh yeah the earthquake thingy...meh that was last month. 

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2010, 09:23:05 AM »
With a specific focus on the White House, where the President has a beautiful spokeswoman whose ex-boyfriend is the only one in the global scientific community who has noticed the beginnings of such a disaster and knows what to do to avert it. Er, or, something like that.  

Hahaha!

Very nice Dr.Zaius!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2010, 09:29:31 AM »
By now there's not a single bag of rice or a roll of toilet paper available in any store in Hawaii.

And every tourist in Waikiki is standing on the beach with their cameras waiting for the big one to roll in.

I was one of those fools when we got 'hit' with a big one and it simply rolled up the beach like a rising tide and flowed for about a 100 yardss through the hotel parking lots and over the green, green grass of Fort Durussy on to Kalakaua Avenue.

The major damage was to all those automobiles parked on the lower levels of the beachfront hotels.

That green, green grass of Fort Durussy was covered with a foot of dark gray foam and it killed everything be neath it. The eventually replanted the entire area and now it is green, green, green again.

Most of those cars in those beach-front hotel parking lots were covered to their tops with sea-water for the next seven days.

And fish were floppen all over the place.

On another occasion, we all received a Tsunami Alert to either get out of Waikiki and head further back or to a higher elevation anywhere three stories or four stories above sea level.

So about 90% of everyone either living in or visiting Waikiki decided to hop in a car and head 'out of town" creating one of the most extensive traffic jams ever seen in Paradise. Traffic came to a complete stop and there was absolutely no place to go so most of those 'evacuees' got out of their car and sat on the roof simply waiting. Many of those crazy campers made a party out of it and had a hell of a good time till "zero hour".

The other 10% grabbed their boards and headed to their favorite spot beyond the reef.

And when zero did arrive ..... nothing happened!

And believe it or not - everyone was disappointed!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 09:35:51 AM »
I officially GUARANTEE that fools like stunt will NOT be disapointed !

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2010, 09:54:38 AM »
What's the ETA, Sev?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »
Don't get me wrong, Sev! I don't want to see any tsunami damage in the islands. I just wanted to let you all know of my personal experience in past tsunami situations.

If I'm not mistaken  we should be hearing specifics within the hour and I sincerely hope that it's nothing more than a slight swell.

I have friends living up and down the beach areas but have been unable to call them due to busy circuits.

I'm sure that we'll be hearing from Pellius shortly and Keith's family too.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2010, 10:11:18 AM »
you are sadly missing the point

it is bye bye life on the island or cali

as in whiped out

unless you are versed in contacting the dead  :-\

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2010, 10:45:48 AM »
Cali will have premium housing fool

still will get absolutely leveled

people like you are in denial

I for one think that people are too stupid to get it
put the pipe down.  :-\
If you're so sure that life from Cali or Hawaii will disappear by 2012, take my dare.

If Cali and Hawaii are still here after 2012, you must post a clear vid on getbig of you wearing a dunce cap repeating slowly out loud, "i am a stupid bitch." Oh, let's say 20 times.
Man enough?
A

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2010, 10:52:07 AM »
put the pipe down.  :-\
If you're so sure that life from Cali or Hawaii will disappear by 2012, take my dare.

If Cali and Hawaii are still here after 2012, you must post a clear vid on getbig of you wearing a dunce cap repeating slowly out loud, "i am a stupid bitch." Oh, let's say 20 times.
Man enough?
lol

this coming from a self confessed pussy

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2010, 10:59:41 AM »
No, each point on the richter scales increase by an order of magnitude by like 100 from the one before it..... or some shit like that.
epic science speak win

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »
Probably nothing more than a few foot rise will happen but you never know.  I had a tsunami party at my condo which was 34 floors above everything one year and it was a waste of about $1000 in food.  But we had alot of fun anyway.  During Iniki I got kicked off every beach trying to take videos.  I went to the Hilton Hawaiian Village and the water was up in the lobby and there was a fish flopping around at least 80 to 100 pounds.  I was going to grab it and take a photo with it and pretend that I caught it.  Didn't happen though.  Water covered Ala Moana Park.  That was the worst.  I flew my two daughters in the and we went to Kauai for a few days.  That was unreal the destruction.  Multi million dollars homes were just rubble.  My friend lost his new restaurant and gas station they just opened and it was a mess.
No Worries 4 me

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2010, 11:34:21 AM »
You can watch live video from here

http://www.kitv.com/video/22691778/index.html
No Worries 4 me

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2010, 12:30:24 PM »
Well, being in the danger zone I've decided to hold my ground. I'm a pretty good swimmer you know. After reading this thread I decided to step out and take a few pics before all is destroyed. Right now it's pretty calm and I took these shots at around 10:20 am.

The first pic is when I step out of my garage and look to the left. 2nd pic is as I walk about 15 yards from my garage and the last is the calm before the storm. Everything is about to end in a little more than an hour. I'll try to get some last minute shot, put my camera in a padded pouch, seal it a ziplock bag, and put it my truck with a note saying to post the pics on GetBig.

You haven't heard the last from me, Sev. I will be coming back to haunt you.

It's been fun. So long. And thanks for all the fish.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2010, 12:43:58 PM »
Well, being in the danger zone I've decided to hold my ground. I'm a pretty good swimmer you know. After reading this thread I decided to step out and take a few pics before all is destroyed. Right now it's pretty calm and I took these shots at around 10:20 am.

The first pic is when I step out of my garage and look to the left. 2nd pic is as I walk about 15 yards from my garage and the last is the calm before the storm. Everything is about to end in a little more than an hour. I'll try to get some last minute shot, put my camera in a padded pouch, seal it a ziplock bag, and put it my truck with a note saying to post the pics on GetBig.

You haven't heard the last from me, Sev. I will be coming back to haunt you.

It's been fun. So long. And thanks for all the fish.
Nice touch.  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »
should be hitting hawaii in 10 or 15 minutes?

i'm guesing cnn will show us the tidal meltdown.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2010, 12:49:25 PM »
should be hitting hawaii in 10 or 15 minutes?

i'm guesing cnn will show us the tidal meltdown.

I just put on my board shots and some sun block and have my surfboard on hand. I just got done with a back workout and having my last meal of chicken breast, rice and broccoli. Hard core to the end.

I died for you bitches!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
pellius, the only thing more romantic would be for you to drive a flaming jaguar into the oncoming wave yelling something epic about getbig.