Author Topic: Vince Basile  (Read 77343 times)

jwb

• Getbig V
Re: Vince Basil
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »
i could care less about the whole debate on who hates who and why,,, i just think you made a cool post here luke...
and you made those people there and vince sound like good peeps.
did you try his hyperextension benches? really good.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 05:57:57 PM »
Thanks for the advice Vince, I made $340k last year training those athletes..how bout you?

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 06:03:34 PM »
did you try his hyperextension benches? really good.

nah, i'm in ny...
i'm usually a sideline guy who watches the actions when it comes to personal debates... i just think it's cool that most people bash vince b and luke wrote a cool post in his defense, more so think the story is cool because when luke went back to go pay, the person before left that note to refuse cash from him, all that while the owner wasn't there. 
again, not taking side and i could care less but i'd just like to recognize class when i see it.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »
Thanks for the advice Vince, I made $340k last year training those athletes..how bout you?

I find that hard to believe from a high school graduate.  Are you referring to yourself solely or the combination of your collegues.  The only person I would think would be making that kind of scratch would be your chiropractor buddy. 
A

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 06:18:42 PM »

A thousand dollars a day, 7 days a week, fifty weeks a year... standing behind a bench press counting to ten.

If I say I believe this... will you offer to sell me a bridge?

The Luke

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2010, 06:20:28 PM »
Looks like I will have to correct a few things posted by Melvin Goodrum. The Op spelled my name wrong. It is Basile with an e.

I still co-own my gym with my ex, Roz, who manages the gym with the help of our children.

I bought the original West Ryde Barbell Club with a $1000 loan from Avco Finance in 1971. They made me put my Mr Canada trophy up as a guarantee! The original gym was 3,500 square feet and today the club is over 20,000 square feet. We had a 30,000 square foot club from 1992 until 2002.  I started designing and building gym equipment in 1975 then opened a factory in 1981 to manufacture equipment for other gyms. I rented for several years then bought my own factory to store my engineering machines and spare gym equipment. I still modify machines and do repairs. I haven't built equipment for other gyms since 1985. It wasn't worth my time as I take too long making the equipment and keep improving the designs as I go. Not a formula for success. Also, gym owners would argue about the invoice and make up their own!

We consider that we have a world class gym. We have some equipment that is no where else on this earth such as my biceps-supinator machine. You guys lift weights and go to gyms. Sit down and actually design something that is original and that works. It is a challenge. Then build it so it is smooth, looks okay and that the bodybuilders can't break. Oh, yes, make it so it accommodates tall and short people.

JME bags me but doesn't have a gym. Then he announces he will cater to athletes. Well, that is probably a good business decision but he hasn't got a real gym that bodybuilders will appreciate.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2010, 06:25:02 PM »
If you paid attention at the beginning of the year I posted damn near my entire business plan for other trainers on how to make it in this business. You should have been paying attention.Because making 6k a year just is not going to cut it....not even in a 3rd world country....VINCE!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2010, 06:25:42 PM »
A thousand dollars a day, 7 days a week, fifty weeks a year... standing behind a bench press counting to ten.

If I say I believe this... will you offer to sell me a bridge?

The Luke

Coach was dissing my PT business out of the blue for no reason yet he never finished college and has no formal certification, diploma or degree whatsoever to even call himself a strength and conditioning coach.  He turned a great website that 240 designed into a pile of shit with attaching a NEOEASE wordpress site inside which his babble about fitness which doesn't make since and is filled with profanity.  

At least I'm qualified to do my job and I don't lie about my income.  There's no personal trainer in the US that's making 340k a year unless he's selling steroids.  Even the President of the US's personal trainer doesn't make 340k a year.... ::)

A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2010, 06:27:05 PM »
Here is a shot of some of the heavy duty machines. The standing calf machine in the background has 1000 pound weight stack on it. I have another with 700 pounds. A donkey calf of my design with 500 pounds and two seated calf machines. The lat machines and row have 150 kg weight stacks or 135 kg. That is 330 pounds or 297 pounds. The plates are 5 kg or 11 pounds. I should have stayed with pounds.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »
Look at how I built in longevity and function. The pulleys have two ball bearings and are 8 inches in diameter. All handles are stainless steel.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
At least I'm qualified to do my job and I don't lie about my income.  There's no personal trainer in the US that's making 340k a year unless he's selling steroids.  Even the President of the US's personal trainer doesn't make 340k a year.... ::)

Oh no she didn't!

The Luke

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »
Look at how I built in longevity and function. The pulleys have two ball bearings and are 8 inches in diameter. All handles are stainless steel.

Sweet gym.
O

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2010, 06:30:26 PM »
I find that hard to believe from a high school graduate.  Are you referring to yourself solely or the combination of your collegues.  The only person I would think would be making that kind of scratch would be your chiropractor buddy. 

funny thing is 80% of millionares in this country have no more than a highschool diploma,,,  very lil college, if any at all.  free market and business is a funny thing.  ask any ceo that has no degree what he thinks about college grads... lol good to stick in middle mngmt.
 people with degrees feel too entitled to big $. schools not a guarantee, it's a biz themselves in which sales are very important. just prep and training, experience is greater and balls is the greatest.  nothing like spending 100k to have someone stand over you to read a book. lol
jme could certainly make that training high profile clients... usually it's a reference biz and like muscle the more you build the easier and more you get.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2010, 06:31:36 PM »
If you paid attention at the beginning of the year I posted damn near my entire business plan for other trainers on how to make it in this business. You should have been paying attention.Because making 6k a year just is not going to cut it....not even in a 3rd world country....VINCE!

First off, I did quite well last year, Coach.  Second, 2008 had nothing to do with my personal training side of the business.  

And no, I did catch your memo and I thought you were full of shit.  You talked trash about me and when I responded, you quietly removed my name from your thread and now you decided to open your mouth about Basile when you didn't even take time to research his actual facility.  I already knew it was a large facility although I don't like the pink and purple color scheme

Next time, do some research and stop lying about your income, son.
A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2010, 06:32:29 PM »
Melvin, is this you?

O

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:55 PM »
nah, i'm in ny...
i'm usually a sideline guy who watches the actions when it comes to personal debates... i just think it's cool that most people bash vince b and luke wrote a cool post in his defense, more so think the story is cool because when luke went back to go pay, the person before left that note to refuse cash from him, all that while the owner wasn't there. 
again, not taking side and i could care less but i'd just like to recognize class when i see it.

agreed.
b

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »

very impressive..,  owning and operating a biz is enough, fabricating the equip with that is unreal.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2010, 06:34:48 PM »
funny thing is 80% of millionares in this country have no more than a highschool diploma,,,  very lil college, if any at all.  free market and business is a funny thing.  ask any ceo that has no degree what he thinks about college grads... lol good to stick in middle mngmt.
 people with degrees feel too entitled to big $. schools not a guarantee, it's a biz themselves in which sales are very important. just prep and training, experience is greater and balls is the greatest.  nothing like spending 100k to have someone stand over you to read a book. lol
jme could certainly make that training high profile clients... usually it's a reference biz and like muscle the more you build the easier and more you get.

340k a year means he's making 931 dollars a day and this is a 7 day week.  On personal training......BULLSHIT!!!
A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
340k a year means he's making 931 dollars a day and this is a 7 day week.  On personal training......BULLSHIT!!!

Trainer to the stars?
O

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »
Here is most of our free weight area. I like having this area separate. The women aren't put off by all the grunting and noise. A few train with the boys here.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2010, 06:39:24 PM »

It's rare, but in this case I 100% agree with you

he is full of shit

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2010, 06:40:31 PM »
I built these leg presses in 1987. They are probably the best leg presses ever made. I recently made the bar longer so the lads could put on heaps more weight. You can either sit down or lie down to use these leg presses.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
I built these leg presses in 1987. They are probably the best leg presses ever made. I recently made the bar longer so the lads could put on heaps more weight. You can either sit down or lie down to use these leg presses.
Do you have  vertical leg press machine Vince ?.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2010, 06:45:18 PM »
It's rare, but in this case I 100% agree with you

he is full of shit

Not only that, his site isn't getting as much love as mine.  If he was hot shit then he should have way more traffic than me.
A

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
Cool gym Vince...By the way, has Al Gore ever gotten back to you on your ideas on how to re-create the internet?