Author Topic: Possible quad tear?  (Read 4878 times)

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
Possible quad tear?
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:47:33 PM »
So I was leg pressing 1300lbs today and on the 7th  rep I felt my muscle on my left leg on the right side of that leg kind of pull or move some, anyway it hurt a bit felt like a pull or something. I was able to do some more light work on that leg, didn't hurt that much. Well now it's swollen from the knee to about 5 inches up my leg, no bruising and I'm able to walk and bend with out to much pain, but you can feel a slight pain anytime i have to bend or use it. There is no bruising just swollen, any ideas guys? Kind of freaking out that I might of ripped it.

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
Re: Possible quad tare?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »
also putting pressure on my leg a few inches above my knee causes the pain to double or triple

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Possible quad tare?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:08:16 PM »
go see your doctor.  :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Possible quad tear?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »
Ice it, and go see a doc. My buddy had a similar issue on his opener and iced the shit out of it, lucky the doc confirmed it wasn't torn but he wasn't squatting very much for awhile.

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 09:01:50 PM »
Ice it, and go see a doc. My buddy had a similar issue on his opener and iced the shit out of it, lucky the doc confirmed it was torn but he wasn't squatting very much for awhile.

You mean it wasn't?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:31:56 PM »
You mean it wasn't?
Thanks, I fixed it.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 03:08:57 AM »
might just be a bad strain, though swelling isn't a good sing. Regardless, RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) is always a good protocol to follow.
No doubt about it...

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »
Partial tare on my inner thigh, doc said it should heal its self in 4 - 6 weeks, thank god no surgery. Guess it gives me a excuse not to do legs for a month or so

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 06:53:04 AM »
good thing you went to the doc!  Some people just sit home and let it get worse and worse
Team MEL

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »
if u have full range of motion its torn within the muscle..its when u cant do a leg extension n not because of pain but its no longer attached tendon to bone thats ofcouse when ur in big trouble but if u did that ur quad would roll up to atleast mid quad and it would be black n blue...i ripped both front quads of both legs at same time and this is what happens..

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2010, 04:25:24 PM »
Quad tear isn't very positive...

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »
started having pain in the same area again, starting rehab on that area of my leg next week

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 07:26:37 PM »
Thats why I don't push that hard on legs anymore, I'm not doing any favors by going heavy on the press. Hope you feel better 'big _sti'
L

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 01:00:13 PM »
Don't forget to warm-up properly guys. Ride the bike for 5-10min before training legs (decent pump going in before any weights) Than properly warm up with the weights. If you warm up your muscles, tendons etc, these things SHOULDN'T happen. Yes they still might, but if you do your part it shouldn't be an issue.

Goodluck with the leg!
Just Do It