Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 20, 2014, 07:47:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee  (Read 455 times)
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 10:37:12 AM »

Cry

CNN: White House Prep for Hillary Run a Slap at Biden
Wednesday, 19 Mar 2014
By Melanie Batley

Vice President Joe Biden just wants "a little respect" when it comes to the White House's possible public involvement in aiding Hillary Clinton in a bid for the presidency in 2016, CNN political reporter Peter Hamby says.

On CNN's "Inside Politics" segment Wednesday, Hamby reflected on how Biden may perceive news in The Wall Street Journal that John Podesta, a senior aide to President Barack Obama, has said he wants to begin a set of regular conversations among Clinton's top aides aimed at mapping out a possible White House run.

"Isn't that a slap at the vice president?" CNN anchor John King asked.

"It certainly seems like it," Hamby said. "This is heads exploding in the vice president's office."

Hamby added that other White House officials, including Jim Messina, the former White House Deputy Chief of Staff and campaign manager for Obama in 2012, have recently left the White House to prepare for a possible Clinton run in 2016.

Biden has said he has not decided whether to run in 2016, but he told CNN last month "There's no obvious reason for me why I think I should not run,"  and many believe he will throw his hat into the ring for the Democratic nomination.

Polls indicate that Biden would come in a distant second in a matchup with Clinton. A February Washington Post/ABC News poll, for example, showed Clinton leading at 73 percent compared to 12 percent for Biden.

In an interview last month with Politico Magazine, Biden spoke openly about falling out of favor with Obama after he made remarks about gay marriage before the president was ready to announce his own change of views.

The article also detailed Biden's experience of being excluded from the inner circle by the president's top aides, and said that the vice president's team was disgruntled that the White House didn't strongly refute rumors that Clinton would be selected to replace Biden in Obama's second term.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Hillary-Clinton-Joe-Biden-president/2014/03/19/id/560525#ixzz2wQnFx1m4
Report to moderator   Logged
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 10:56:46 AM »

Poll: Warren and Clinton hot; Christie cools off
Posted by
CNN Political Unit

(CNN) - Freshman Sen. Elizabeth Warren is the hottest politician in the country right now, according to a new national poll.

The latest edition of Quinnipiac University's National Thermometer, released Thursday, also indicates that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton remains hot, with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is cooling off.

The poll asks voters nationwide to rate their feelings towards political leaders by choosing any number between 0 to 100, with the higher the number, the warmer or more favorable voters feel about that political leader.

Topping Quinnipiac's latest thermometer is Warren, with a mean temperature of 48.6 degrees. But nearly half of those questioned did not know enough about the Democratic senator from Massachusetts to form an opinion. Warren, a favorite with many in the progressive wing of the Democratic party, has said she won't run for President in 2016.

Recognition not a problem when it comes to Hillary Clinton, as only one percent didn't know enough about her to form an opinion. The former secretary of state, who's seriously considering a second run for the Democratic presidential nomination, came in second at 47.8 degrees.

Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin, the 2012 GOP vice presidential nominee, was third, at 47.4 degrees, followed by two Republican governors, Bobby Jindal of Louisiana at 47.1 degrees and Wisconsin's Scott Walker at 46.6 degrees. GOP Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida was in sixth place at 46.3 degrees, followed by 2008 Republican presidential candidate and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee at 46.1 degrees and GOP Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky at 45.7 degrees.

Christie, the GOP governor of New Jersey, who along with the above mentioned Republicans, is mulling a 2016 bid for the White House, came in ninth at 45.2 degrees. That's down from 55.5 degrees in Quinnipiac's early January poll, which Christie topped.

That January survey came out just as the George Washington Bridge controversy was beginning to grab national headlines. Garden State lawmakers and the U.S. Attorney's Office are looking into allegations that top Christie appointees orchestrated traffic jams last September by closing access lanes to the nation's busiest bridge in Fort Lee, New Jersey, to politically punish that town's mayor for not endorsing the governor's 2013 re-election.

Christie has denied knowing anything about the gridlock until after it occurred, and has said he knew nothing about any political mischief by members of his administration. Last week a review commissioned by Christie's administration cleared the New Jersey governor of any wrongdoing in the bridge controversy, which has put a cloud over his political future.

The Quinnipiac University poll was conducted March 26-31, with 1,578 registered voters nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey's overall sampling error is plus or minus 2.5 percentage points.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/03/poll-warren-clinton-hot-christie-cools-off/
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 05:58:13 PM »

Hillary struggles to list accomplishments during tenure as Secretary of State
April 4, 2014 | Joe Schoffstall

On April 3, 2014, Hillary Clinton spoke at the Women of the World Summit in New York City and was asked what she was most proud of during her tenure as Secretary of State. Clinton could not provide any concrete examples of the accomplishments she holds in high regard.

“When you look at your time as Secretary of State, what are you most proud of? And what do you feel was unfinished, and maybe have another crack at one day?” the moderator asks.

“Well, I really see — that was good — that’s why he wins prizes. Look, I really see my role as Secretary, in fact leadership in general in a democracy, as a relay race. When you run the best race you can run, you hand off the baton. Some of what hasn’t been finished may go on to be finished, so when President Obama asked me to be Secretary of State I agreed,” Clinton responded.

She continued, “We had the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, we had two wars. We had continuing threats from all kinds of corners around the world that we had to deal with. So it was a perilous time frankly. What he said to me was, ‘Look, I have to be dealing with the economic crisis, I want you to go out and represent us around the world.’ And it was a good division of labor because we needed to make it clear to the rest of the world, that we were going to get our house in order. We were going to stimulate, and grow, and get back to positive growth and work with our friends and partners.”

Clinton went on to say that she’s proud of the solid leadership from the administration and that they have restored American leadership in the best sense.

“So I think we did that. I’m very proud of the stabilization and the really solid leadership that the administration provided that I think now, leads us to be able to deal with problems like Ukraine because we’re not so worried about a massive collapse in Europe and China — trying to figure out to do with all their bond holdings and all the problems we were obsessed with. I think we really restored American leadership in the best sense. That, once again — people began to rely on us as setting the values, setting the standards. I just don’t want to lose that because we have a dysfunctional political situation in Washington. Then of course, a lot of particulars, but I am finishing my book so you’ll be able to read all about it.”

http://capitolcityproject.com/hillary-struggles-list-accomplishments-secretary-state-tenure/

Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXjk3JexSg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXjk3JexSg</a>
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:37 AM »

Hillary struggles to list accomplishments during tenure as Secretary of State
April 4, 2014 | Joe Schoffstall

On April 3, 2014, Hillary Clinton spoke at the Women of the World Summit in New York City and was asked what she was most proud of during her tenure as Secretary of State. Clinton could not provide any concrete examples of the accomplishments she holds in high regard.

“When you look at your time as Secretary of State, what are you most proud of? And what do you feel was unfinished, and maybe have another crack at one day?” the moderator asks.

“Well, I really see — that was good — that’s why he wins prizes. Look, I really see my role as Secretary, in fact leadership in general in a democracy, as a relay race. When you run the best race you can run, you hand off the baton. Some of what hasn’t been finished may go on to be finished, so when President Obama asked me to be Secretary of State I agreed,” Clinton responded.

She continued, “We had the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, we had two wars. We had continuing threats from all kinds of corners around the world that we had to deal with. So it was a perilous time frankly. What he said to me was, ‘Look, I have to be dealing with the economic crisis, I want you to go out and represent us around the world.’ And it was a good division of labor because we needed to make it clear to the rest of the world, that we were going to get our house in order. We were going to stimulate, and grow, and get back to positive growth and work with our friends and partners.”

Clinton went on to say that she’s proud of the solid leadership from the administration and that they have restored American leadership in the best sense.

“So I think we did that. I’m very proud of the stabilization and the really solid leadership that the administration provided that I think now, leads us to be able to deal with problems like Ukraine because we’re not so worried about a massive collapse in Europe and China — trying to figure out to do with all their bond holdings and all the problems we were obsessed with. I think we really restored American leadership in the best sense. That, once again — people began to rely on us as setting the values, setting the standards. I just don’t want to lose that because we have a dysfunctional political situation in Washington. Then of course, a lot of particulars, but I am finishing my book so you’ll be able to read all about it.”

http://capitolcityproject.com/hillary-struggles-list-accomplishments-secretary-state-tenure/

Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXjk3JexSg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKXjk3JexSg</a>

Morning Joe Panel Can’t Come Up with Hillary Achievement
by KEITH KOFFLER on APRIL 10, 2014

Uh oh. Morning Joe often includes some of the best political minds around.

AND THEY CAN’T COME UP WITH ANYTHING HILLARY HAS DONE EITHER!

Were Mrs. Clinton a Republican, she’d be getting called an empty suit, albeit a well-traveled one.

One panelist even suggests that she’ll have to reveal her big achievement in her upcoming book, which is to be published in June.

As if her terms as senator and Secretary of State were carried out in secret!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwUWnWraWU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwUWnWraWU</a>

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/04/10/morning-joe-panel-hillary-achievement/
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2014, 10:14:30 AM »

Pro-Hillary Clinton Super PAC Raises Almost $6M
Thursday, 10 Apr 2014

A super PAC urging Hillary Rodham Clinton to run for president says it raised $1.7 million in the first three months of the year, almost all of it from small-dollar donors.

Ready for Hillary on Thursday said more than 22,000 new donors gave money to the self-designated Clinton support network between Jan. 1 and March 31. The average contribution was $53, and 98 percent of it was $100 or less.

Ready for Hillary has been collecting names of those who would support Clinton if she runs in 2016. The super PAC has been focused on building buzz by lining up donors, as others have done.

Since its launch, Ready for Hillary has raised $5.75 million.

The group is independent of a campaign Clinton would launch if she decides to run.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/hillary-Clinton-super-pac-raises/2014/04/10/id/564754#ixzz2yVKNvFKq
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 11:50:30 AM »

2016 Watch: O'Malley heads to Nevada
Posted by
CNN's Ashley Killough and CNN Political Editor Paul Steinhauser

(CNN) - Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley will headline a Democratic event next month in Nevada, a state that draws potential White House candidates as it's the first western state to vote in the primary and caucus calendar.

The Democratic governor will give the keynote speech at the 2014 Clark County Democratic Party Jefferson-Jackson Dinner in Las Vegas on May 2, the Nevada Democratic Party announced Monday.

While O'Malley has said he's focused on his last year as governor, he's also weighing a presidential run and has said he's preparing the "ground work" for a potential campaign.

O'Malley has visited other crucial primary states in the past year, including New Hampshire and South Carolina.

Hillary Clinton's understudy waits in the wings

If he runs for president - and Hillary Clinton runs as well - the Maryland governor could find himself far behind the former secretary of state, recent public opinion polls show.

According to a CNN/ORC International poll released last month, 64% of Democrats and independents who lean Democratic nationwide said they would back Clinton for the Democratic nomination, while only 4 % said they would support O'Malley.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/04/14/2016-watch-omalley-heads-to-nevada/
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »

Video || Epic Diss! Obama Won’t Endorse Biden as Biden Looks On
by KEITH KOFFLER on APRIL 17, 2014

This is absurd. The man says, right in front of Biden, that he can’t support him.

Take a look at this. It’s completely ungracious. Now, don’t get me wrong, the Joe Biden who sneered and laughed his way through his debate with Paul Ryan, who suggested Republicans are so racist they want to re-enslave African Americans, deserves nobody’s graciousness.

But from President Obama’s perspective, Vice President Biden is the man who has been with him every day, been in on almost every meeting and decision, and been loyal and docile toward him as a chocolate labrador. Sure, he makes mistakes, but that’s not his fault. He was born a nincompoop.

To actually say, with Biden standing there, that “we’ve got an extraordinary secretary of state” who might also run suggests previously unknown degrees of coldness of blood.

From an interview by CBS White House correspondent Major Garrett:

I’ve got somebody who I think will go down as one of the finest vice presidents in history, and he has been . . .  a great partner in everything that I do. I suspect that there may be other potential candidates for 2016 who have been great friends and allies. I know that we’ve got an extraordinary secretary of state who did great service for us and worked with me and Joe to help make the country safer.

Whoever the Democratic standard bearer is, is going to be continuing to focus on jobs, making sure that our kids are getting a great education, making sure that we’re rebuilding prosperity from the middle class out in this country – and I am very much interested in making sure that some of the stuff we’ve gotten started continues.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2014/04/17/video-ultimate-diss-obama-endorse-biden/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGh1uZXmNec" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGh1uZXmNec</a>
JOHN MATRIX
Getbig V

the house is dividing once again

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »

Hillarious that neither that panel of lib 'political analysts' nor HILLARY HERSELF could even come up with any answers.

I mean that just speaks volumes, doesnt it?

Of course none of it even matters at all. Hillary could strangle a puppy to death on the white house lawn and the media would just admire how 'humane' she was at killing it..and her ratings and her fanbase would be unchanged.
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »

Hillarious that neither that panel of lib 'political analysts' nor HILLARY HERSELF could even come up with any answers.

I mean that just speaks volumes, doesnt it?

Of course none of it even matters at all. Hillary could strangle a puppy to death on the white house lawn and the media would just admire how 'humane' she was at killing it..and her ratings and her fanbase would be unchanged.

lol.  True. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!