Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 16, 2014, 06:08:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Left-Wing Hate Speech  (Read 12731 times)
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 22, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »

Nah.  We already have our Village Idiot and she is doing a fantastic job.   Smiley

Village idiot?  In the interest of accuracy, you might want to reconsider that.  For isn't a village idiot supposed to be stupid?.

I can post youtube clips of him destroying (figuratively) some very intelligent folks.

Offensively over the top?  Yes.  Stupid in any way?  No.
Report to moderator   Logged
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 22, 2013, 10:53:05 AM »

Whateva, ya humorless dork.  He's a comedian.  They can say ANYTHING.  What's wrong with that?

BTW, this I found funny (in a mean-spirited getbig kind of way):
In September 2008, Maher mocked Trig during a monologue of his HBO show, noting that she has five children including an infant "that has Down syndrome. She had it when she was 43 years old. And it looks a lot like John Edwards."

He's an unfunny comedian who tries to engage in serious political commentary.  

And he's an idiot.  
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2013, 10:54:43 AM »

Roll Eyes

C'mon, SC!  He rips on a dem, too.  You should be ok with that, right?
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2013, 10:55:54 AM »

Village idiot?  In the interest of accuracy, you might want to reconsider that.  For isn't a village idiot supposed to be stupid?.

I can post youtube clips of him destroying (figuratively) some very intelligent folks.

Offensively over the top?  Yes.  Stupid in any way?  No.

I doubt we would agree that he has destroyed very intelligent folks, but I haven't seen the clips you're talking about.  Maybe you think he destroyed smart people because he is saying something you agree with?  

The KKK ad was stupid.  Defending it was even more stupid.  
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:54 AM »

He's an unfunny comedian who tries to engage in serious political commentary.  

And he's an idiot.  

He's kind of an idiot.  He'll sometimes make pronouncements about stuff he doesn't know nearly enough about.

He's inconsistent as a comedian, too.  But he will occasionally have some good and funny shit to say.

Sad thing for you conservatives is that Maher, as average of a funnyman as he is, is still probably better than any comedian whose material slants right.

Sheee-it, the only conservative who makes me laugh once in a while is Rush Limbaugh, and only if I'm in a mean-spirited mood.
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2013, 11:04:37 AM »

He's kind of an idiot.  He'll sometimes make pronouncements about stuff he doesn't know nearly enough about.

He's inconsistent as a comedian, too.  But he will occasionally have some good and funny shit to say.

Sad thing for you conservatives is that Maher, as average of a funnyman as he is, is still probably better than any comedian whose material slants right.

Sheee-it, the only conservative who makes me laugh once in a while is Rush Limbaugh, and only if I'm in a mean-spirited mood.

To each his own.  I don't listen to Rush either. 
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 22, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »

I doubt we would agree that he has destroyed very intelligent folks, but I haven't seen the clips you're talking about.  Maybe you think he destroyed smart people because he is saying something you agree with?  

The KKK ad was stupid.  Defending it was even more stupid.  

Ok, this is Grayson's educational background from wikipedia.  Tell me if this sounds like a stupid guy:
He graduated from Bronx High School of Science in 1975. Grayson worked his way through Harvard College as a janitor and nightwatchman, and graduated with a Bachelors of Arts summa cum laude degree in economics in 1978. After working two years as an economist, he returned to Harvard for graduate studies. In 1983, he earned a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard Law School and a Masters of Public Policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government. Additionally, he completed the course work and passed the general exams for a PhD in government. While in college Grayson was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society.

I think all you know about Grayson is what you've seen on the news where's he's trolled the repubs by saying their healthcare plan was "Don't get sick", and if you did, then "Die Quickly".

Here are details of his professional background.  (Note that he was a law clerk for Scalia.)
Grayson worked as a law clerk at the Colorado Supreme Court in 1983, and at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals from 1984 to 1985, where he worked with two judges who later joined the U.S. Supreme Court: Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Antonin Scalia. He was an associate at the Washington, D.C. firm of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson for five years, where he specialized in contract law.

It shouldn't surprise you that he is often able to destroy smart folks when grilling them when you consider how long he worked as an attorney:
In 1991 he founded the law firm Grayson & Kubli, which concentrated on government contract law. He was a lecturer at the George Washington University government contracts program and a frequent speaker on the topic. In the 2000s, he worked as a plaintiffs' attorney specializing in whistleblower fraud cases aimed at Iraq war contractors. One contractor, Custer Battles, employed individuals who were found guilty of making fraudulent statements and submitting fraudulent invoices on two contracts the company had with the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq. On behalf of his clients, Grayson filed suit under the False Claims Act and its qui tam provisions. The jury verdict was more than $13 million, which was upheld on appeal in April 2009. The case remains the only successful prosecution of those who profited illegally from the war in Iraq. The Iraq war contractor fraud case brought Grayson his first national attention. In 2006, a Wall Street Journal reporter described Grayson as "waging a one-man war against contractor fraud in Iraq" ...

I disagree with you; Some of Grayson's reasons for comparing the Tea Party to the KKK were accurate and compelling.  From the article you linked:
Grayson, though, was unapologetic and defended his Ku Klux Klan comparison.

In a written statement provided to FoxNews.com, he cited a litany of examples where the "Tea Party" attacked President Obama by citing his race, including the recurring claims that he is a Kenyan and Muslim "despite all evidence."

The statement, as an example, included a doctored image of Obama in tribal garb, one of many offensive images of the president from the bowels of the Internet.

"One could go on and on, because there is overwhelming evidence that the Tea Party is the home of bigotry and discrimination in America today, just as the KKK was for an earlier generation. If the shoe fits, wear it," Grayson said.

Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:49 AM »

Ok, this is Grayson's educational background from wikipedia.  Tell me if this sounds like a stupid guy:
He graduated from Bronx High School of Science in 1975. Grayson worked his way through Harvard College as a janitor and nightwatchman, and graduated with a Bachelors of Arts summa cum laude degree in economics in 1978. After working two years as an economist, he returned to Harvard for graduate studies. In 1983, he earned a Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Harvard Law School and a Masters of Public Policy from the John F. Kennedy School of Government. Additionally, he completed the course work and passed the general exams for a PhD in government. While in college Grayson was a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society.

I think all you know about Grayson is what you've seen on the news where's he's trolled the repubs by saying their healthcare plan was "Don't get sick", and if you did, then "Die Quickly".

Here are details of his professional background.  (Note that he was a law clerk for Scalia.)
Grayson worked as a law clerk at the Colorado Supreme Court in 1983, and at the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals from 1984 to 1985, where he worked with two judges who later joined the U.S. Supreme Court: Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Antonin Scalia. He was an associate at the Washington, D.C. firm of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson for five years, where he specialized in contract law.

It shouldn't surprise you that he is often able to destroy smart folks when grilling them when you consider how long he worked as an attorney:
In 1991 he founded the law firm Grayson & Kubli, which concentrated on government contract law. He was a lecturer at the George Washington University government contracts program and a frequent speaker on the topic. In the 2000s, he worked as a plaintiffs' attorney specializing in whistleblower fraud cases aimed at Iraq war contractors. One contractor, Custer Battles, employed individuals who were found guilty of making fraudulent statements and submitting fraudulent invoices on two contracts the company had with the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq. On behalf of his clients, Grayson filed suit under the False Claims Act and its qui tam provisions. The jury verdict was more than $13 million, which was upheld on appeal in April 2009. The case remains the only successful prosecution of those who profited illegally from the war in Iraq. The Iraq war contractor fraud case brought Grayson his first national attention. In 2006, a Wall Street Journal reporter described Grayson as "waging a one-man war against contractor fraud in Iraq" ...

I disagree with you; Some of Grayson's reasons for comparing the Tea Party to the KKK were accurate and compelling.  From the article you linked:
Grayson, though, was unapologetic and defended his Ku Klux Klan comparison.

In a written statement provided to FoxNews.com, he cited a litany of examples where the "Tea Party" attacked President Obama by citing his race, including the recurring claims that he is a Kenyan and Muslim "despite all evidence."

The statement, as an example, included a doctored image of Obama in tribal garb, one of many offensive images of the president from the bowels of the Internet.

"One could go on and on, because there is overwhelming evidence that the Tea Party is the home of bigotry and discrimination in America today, just as the KKK was for an earlier generation. If the shoe fits, wear it," Grayson said.

No, his background doesn't sound like someone who is stupid.  Quite the opposite. 

What sounds stupid is what comes out of his mouth.  The KKK stuff is indefensible. 

When did the Tea Party attack Obama's race?  Proof?

The fact he says stuff like this shows what an idiot he is.
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 22, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »

Wait a sec.  Chris Matthews is a leftist?  Since when?

lol
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 23, 2013, 01:03:32 AM »

lol

I'm not saying Chris Matthews is a conservative, mind you.  Just that he's not a liberal. 

As far as I can tell, he'll suck up to anyone.  Just depends on which way the wind is blowing.
tonymctones
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 23, 2013, 10:08:14 AM »

He's kind of an idiot.  He'll sometimes make pronouncements about stuff he doesn't know nearly enough about.

He's inconsistent as a comedian, too.  But he will occasionally have some good and funny shit to say.

you think that might have something to do with the fact anytime a conservative opens their mouth to make a joke they are labeled racist, homophobic, islamaphobic hate mongers who hate children, want dirty air and want people to die in the streets?

there might be a bit of a double standard there
RRKore
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 23, 2013, 11:05:02 PM »

you think that might have something to do with the fact anytime a conservative opens their mouth to make a joke they are labeled racist, homophobic, islamaphobic hate mongers who hate children, want dirty air and want people to die in the streets?

there might be a bit of a double standard there

Kudos to you for using the word "might" more than once.  But no fucking way.  While it's true that comedians on the right DO receive a lot of criticism, comedians on the left do also. 

Regardless, funny is funny.  And when it comes to political humor, the best left-leaning comedians spank the shit out of the best conservative ones.  Why that is, I don't know. 

The troll in me wants to make the case that conservatism is the politics of fear and hate and there's not much room for laughter when you're thinking like that.  Hope and change, on the other hand...     hahaha.   Naw, I'm not sure why the clear superiority of the best liberal comics.  I'll do some googling and see what I can find out.  (Even though I should go to the gym and do shoulders.)
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSYhwLENvM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdSYhwLENvM</a>

Black Dem on Clarence Thomas: White wife OK, but justice is ‘Uncle Tom’
By Douglas Ernst -The Washington Times Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Supreme CourtJustice Clarence Thomas can add another insult to the list of things “liberal elites” have attacked him for: his marriage to a white woman.

While on the the floor of the Alabama House of Representatives, state Rep. Alvin Holmes, a black Democrat, explained why he so dislikes Clarence Thomas: because “he’s married to a white woman,” reporter Mary Sell of The Times Daily and Decatur Daily tweeted Wednesday.

When reached for comment by a reporter for the Anniston Star, Mr. Holmes said he was misinterpreted, but added that Justice Thomas was an “Uncle Tom,” the National Review reported.

“I said some people might say I didn’t like him because he was married to a white woman,” Mr. Holmes told the Anniston Star, before including the “Uncle Tom” addendum.

Just days before Mr. Holmes‘ comment, Justice Thomas told a crowd at Palm Beach Atlantic University in Florida that the “worst things that have been done to me, the worst things that have been said about me, [were] by northern liberal elites, not by the people of Savannah, Georgia,” Yahoo News reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/12/black-ala-dem-explains-dislike-clarence-thomas-whi/#ixzz2tE5aR1ZJ
Beach Bum
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »

'Funny' Feminist: I'd 'Personally Like to Castrate Every Male Conservative Christian'
By Tim Graham | March 27, 2014

Joe Newby at The Washington Examiner has found a real doozy of a “comedian.” Her name is Laura Levites – with obviously no connection to the priests of the Old Testament. (She's an atheist with a fondness for Ricky Gervais.)

"I would personally like to castrate every Male Conservative Christian so that they have NO reproductive rights," she wrote on Twitter, using the hashtag "#HobbyLobby." She certainly knows how to draw attention to herself. Newby said that’s not all.

She also expressed her hatred of Christians in a tweet calling conservative Christians "scumbags," claiming they are "really trying" her patience. "Why can't Agent Orange be legal?" she asked.

In another tweet, Levites said she would pay for Hobby Lobby's David Green to be castrated.

She went so far as to advocate violence on Green, proclaiming she would purchase a saw from Home Depot to cut off Green's male organ so she can "shove it up his a**."

Like the rest of the feminists, Levites wants complete sexual autonomy, which somehow includes insisting that everyone buying an insurance policy must agree that "women's health" includes her contraceptives: “I will fight with every bone in my body to be the only owner and operator of my vagina.”

In January, after Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) delivered the GOP response to Obama's State of the Union, Levites also went into Hulk-smash mode.  "I want to rip out the uterus of that pro life C**t Cathy McMorris Rodgers and eat it, so I can see the surprised look on her frigid face," she tweeted.

Her Twitter profile says she "teabagged the Tea Party" and features her wearing an "I [heart] Haters" T-shirt:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2014/03/27/funny-feminist-id-personally-castrate-every-male-conservative-christian#ixzz2xCJxhRWz
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!