Author Topic: IFBB sets new standard in poor judging!  (Read 3861 times)

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
Re: IFBB sets new standard in poor judging!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 10:26:18 PM »
I don't like the idea of judging a contest twice. What the heck is that suppose to prove? It merely gives the judges more time to canvass what others think and it is also time for others to talk to judges. Both of these things should be avoided. There should be one judging. If they insist on judging it twice then get a different panel for the finals.

The prejudging is where all the comparisons should be made. The only thing left to award is the best poser. Period. All the rest is bullshit and this result is up there with the other controversial decisions.

that was the style from yesteryear vince... it was more about the body,,, now its entertainment, expos and ticket sales.  didn't they start making the night show more important early 2000's because it used to be just the way you described it.   btw, what would a 2nd different panel do??? 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 12:31:33 AM »
In matters of judging you have to be seen to be impartial and independent. When bodybuilders are judged twice and the interval is a day then all manner of 'contamination' can creep in and spoil these ideal conditions. Humans are social animals and scientific tests show that most of us try to conform. So if we think our choice is wrong we often correct it if we are given a chance. Goodness knows there have been accusations of contest fixing in the past and the way the IFBB has set up the judging they open the door to this possibility.

Something less than ideal has been happening for some time in the IFBB because there are way too many controversial decisions.

In the past, Kai couldn't have won in the shape he was this year because they would have said his 'conditioning' wasn't there. While I don't think conditioning is that important it is still one factor judges look for.

Having a second judging panel would eliminate the contamination factor from those judges. Of course, if the second panel has watched the contest and mixed with people then they will also be affected so it is not going to happen that you are going to get a fair dinkum contest. Judge it once and that is that.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 03:49:56 AM »
Roelly was absolutely lost at side and back poses. cant pose for shit too

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 03:59:07 AM »
Sorry to disappoint you but this is what I drive and my old ute was the green one.

Hahaahaaa - I don't know why that picture is so funny but for some reason it makes me laugh!  ;D