Author Topic: 7 year old stays calm in California  (Read 719 times)

newmom

7 year old stays calm in California
« on: March 11, 2010, 04:26:03 AM »
This kid stayed pretty calm..KOODOS..that is why all parents teach their kids to dial 911 at an early age as possible. Thank god mine does

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/files/g-9605702-1.wav

Norwalk, CA – Authorities were hailing a 7-year-old Norwalk boy as a hero Tuesday after he hid in a bathroom and called 911 as three armed attackers broke into his home and threatened his parents.

During the harrowing emergency call, the child pleaded with Los Angeles County sheriff’s dispatchers to send help.

“Can you come really fast? Please! Please! … They have guns. They shoot my mom and dad,” the boy said, according to a copy of the 911 tape released by authorities.

The incident began about 8:30 a.m. when the three suspects, armed with handguns, stormed in through an unlocked door and said they were going to take what they wanted, the sheriff’s department said.

The boy hid in the bathroom and locked the door.

“There’s some guy who’s going to kill my mom and dad,” he said. “Can you come, please?

“Bring cops…a lot of them! … And soldiers, too,” the boy said.

He told dispatchers that he thought his parents had been shot.

The attackers broke into the bathroom and found the boy.  At that point, screaming is heard on the 911 tape.

Authorities said one of the suspects grabbed the boy and asked who he called. “911,” the boy responded, according to the department.

The suspects fled without injuring anyone or taking any property, authorities said.

“If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically,” said Capt. Pat Maxwell.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
Re: 7 year old stays calm in California
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 05:02:51 AM »
I prefer the stories when the dogs call 911.

Good stuff though