Author Topic: Is this the toughest schedule you have ever seen?  (Read 2483 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Is this the toughest schedule you have ever seen?
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »
lol.  You really want it to be true.   :)   I can't help you there.  All I can do is give you my opinion.  Spin it however you choose. 

Regarding your questions, throwing the ball doesn't make a game entertaining to me.  Seeing terrific athletes perform as a team at the highest level is entertaining to me.  That's why I could appreciate a fullback like Moose, even though I hated him.  That's why watching Montana was so nice.  He was the best QB to ever play the game IMO.  Seeing him and the greatest WR to ever play (Rice) play together was incredibliy entertaining.  Just like it was entertaining to watch the Dallas offense play at its highest level. 

Like I said, I don't really care to see fewer bad teams, or more average teams battling each other.  Just a personal preference. 

what was so special about moose, he would've been forgotten if not for playing on a super bowl team

there have been a few offenses better than those cowboys

the rams during their time, the 07 pats etc

stop dwelling on the past :P

E
E

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 07:56:45 PM »
what was so special about moose, he would've been forgotten if not for playing on a super bowl team

there have been a few offenses better than those cowboys

the rams during their time, the 07 pats etc

stop dwelling on the past :P

E

Moose was special because he was an outstanding fullback and contributed to a lot of Smith's and Aikman's production. 

The greatest show on turf was pretty impressive for a couple years.  The 07 Pats were awesome. 

I'm not dwelling.  Just talking about it.   :)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 08:06:24 PM »
Moose was special because he was an outstanding fullback and contributed to a lot of Smith's and Aikman's production. 

The greatest show on turf was pretty impressive for a couple years.  The 07 Pats were awesome. 

I'm not dwelling.  Just talking about it.   :)
Yeah  Dallas hasn't had a MOOSE in years.  The current FB Deon Anderson   usually misses blocks so Witten has to lead block.
((-::

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 08:11:27 PM »
Yeah  Dallas hasn't had a MOOSE in years.  The current FB Deon Anderson   usually misses blocks so Witten has to lead block.

Yep.  They don't make a lot of good fullbacks anymore.  A dying breed, especially with the use of the spread so much. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »
Lorenzo Neal is the greatest FB off all time, if you ask me. He blocked for over 7 different 1000 yard rushers. A natural leader and a guy who could blow up a linebacker in the hole even as he entered his late 30's.

I really wish he could have gotten a Superbowl ring, because he deserved one. The closest he came was on the Ravens 2008 team.

Tony Richardson for the Jets is still playing at 38 and still kicking ass.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
Lorenzo Neal is the greatest FB off all time, if you ask me. He blocked for over 7 different 1000 yard rushers. A natural leader and a guy who could blow up a linebacker in the hole even as he entered his late 30's.

I really wish he could have gotten a Superbowl ring, because he deserved one. The closest he came was on the Ravens 2008 team.

They're definitely in the conversation.  I'd put Moose, Rathman, and Strong up there too. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 09:01:27 AM »
Wasn't Kevin Mack (Browns) a fullback, too?

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 02:12:27 PM »

Weaver wasn't so bad either.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 03:01:02 PM »
They're definitely in the conversation.  I'd put Moose, Rathman, and Strong up there too. 
Rathman was the best ever fullback    even I'd put him an inch above Johnston