Author Topic: Jim Davidson on black gangs/gangsta rap  (Read 7444 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Jim Davidson on black gangs/gangsta rap
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2010, 06:14:47 PM »
Yeah, that's pretty funky. I actually enjoyed listening to it.  I'm exaggerating for dramatic effect - there has been good Indie and Rock in the same time frame but the empty, materialistic, "unga bunga... me de king of de castle" shit has dominated massively.  It's remarkable that those artists I listed were all writing, releasing and performing at the same point in musical history.

I agree 100% dude. the last 10 years has produced very little noteworthy music, it's out there but mostly indie stuff. Major label music sucks ass for the most part

clued-up

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »
Rap and rap culture is one of the worst things that have happened to our culture

*Ganster rap* is a terrible thing.. totally promotes a negative (dipshit) human existence.  Very sad.. nothing good comes from it.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2010, 06:38:32 PM »
no track goes harder

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2010, 08:40:39 AM »
Yeah, I hear ya, there are different types of hip hop and certainly some talented artists.  They had a jazz/hip hop collaboration that was pretty cool for a while.  I guess my comment is more about rap (and a lot of pop music in general).  Across the board, rap is not good musically and the images that the artists and producers pushed to kids is completely irresponsible.

We just played a big gig last night: threw down some James Brown, Earth Wind & Fire, Steely Dan, Barry White, Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Commodores, Kool & the gang, etc.  Lots of solos and improv, had a great time.  Got a sax player and guitarist that just kill it.
Most of these pop musicians can't hold a candle to good live and studio musicians.  I love music so kinda passionate about not liking rap, which for the most part, is very simple (and irritating).