Author Topic: Health Care Reform: What the Repubes Will Have To Run Against In The Fall  (Read 3933 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
PART 1-There have been some misconceptions in regards to when aspects of health care reform will take effect . Some people have been saying you won't see any effects until 2014 . Some have said it's a government take over . The truth is, most people won't see any change to their health care . If you have health care, you'll still have the same health care . The only difference is you will have extra protections from your insurance company . Rachel Maddow and Ezra Klein do an extremely good job explaining this . In addition, Rachel points out the fear mongering and hypocrisy over the proposed "Deem and Pass" rule, Republicans like Mike Pence claim "Deem and Pass" may be illegal . The only problem with that is Pence voted for the rule of " Deem and Pass" three times . In addition, Republicans have used "Deem and Pass" more then 200 times in the past 15 years .

PART 2
!

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
The simple truth is if this bill was so great, why hasn't it passed? Why couldn't a super majority pass it? Well because it isn't great, it isn't even good, as a matter of fact it sucks. So they can get on TV and try to spin it any way they want. The CBO comes out with some doctored up numbers for how much money this is supposed to save then it is immediately shown to be smoke and mirrors.

The simple fact is you would have to be a fool to give the federal government that much control over your life, and for some reason there are those who do so willingly.

Just remember you can't polish a turd.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Skip8282

• Getbig V
There isn't any misconception about the benefits.  The "meat" of the healthcare proposal doesn't kick in until 2014.  She only pointed out a few things that do kick in.  Some I think are good.

What is your honest assessment.  What do you think about the taxes starting in advance of the benefits (which, I think we can all agree will give the bill a head start)?  What about later down the road (let's say 15 years from now) after the costs have caught up?  I think we can agree that the first 10 years might be OK because of the head start.  Afterwards, I'm not confident that the government will have healthcare costs under wraps.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
There isn't any misconception about the benefits.  The "meat" of the healthcare proposal doesn't kick in until 2014.  She only pointed out a few things that do kick in.  Some I think are good.

What is your honest assessment.  What do you think about the taxes starting in advance of the benefits (which, I think we can all agree will give the bill a head start)?  What about later down the road (let's say 15 years from now) after the costs have caught up?  I think we can agree that the first 10 years might be OK because of the head start.  Afterwards, I'm not confident that the government will have healthcare costs under wraps.

Not confident? I have no illusion the government can get any cost under wraps.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
The American people ain't buying this mess, Benny.

That's why Obama's ratings CONTINUE TO DROP, why the fury of the American people is nearly at fever pitch.

Obama has been at this for OVER A YEAR. Yet, he still can't convince the public to buy this garbage.

There's a reason why the Dems NO LONGER HAVE their supermajority, why the last three candidates for whom Obama stumped GOT THE BRAKES BEAT OFF THEM.

Even Michael Moore (and I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with him) cites that the Democrats are in for "an @$$-whippin of Biblical proportions", due largely to this ObamaCare crap.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
The American people ain't buying this mess, Benny.

That's why Obama's ratings CONTINUE TO DROP, why the fury of the American people is nearly at fever pitch.

Obama has been at this for OVER A YEAR. Yet, he still can't convince the public to buy this garbage.

There's a reason why the Dems NO LONGER HAVE their supermajority, why the last three candidates for whom Obama stumped GOT THE BRAKES BEAT OFF THEM.

Even Michael Moore (and I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with him) cites that the Democrats are in for "an @$$-whippin of Biblical proportions", due largely to this ObamaCare crap.

*yawn*

The latest poll numbers show the public evenly split. Once the public knows understands the benefits, the numbers will continue their upward trend.

Sure dems will lose some seats, as the incumbent majority that always happens. However, the belief that the repubes will steamroll in and win all their races is going to lead to heavy disappointment for GOP fanatics. The dems will likely maintain control of the House and the Senate.

The American public remains evenly divided on whether President Obama's health care plan should be passed, according to the latest Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll.
Forty-six percent of all respondents came out in favor of passing the bill, with 45 percent against it.
!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
*yawn*

The latest poll numbers show the public evenly split. Once the public knows understands the benefits, the numbers will continue their upward trend.

Sure dems will lose some seats, as the incumbent majority that always happens. However, the belief that the repubes will steamroll in and win all their races is going to lead to heavy disappointment for GOP fanatics. The dems will likely maintain control of the House and the Senate.

The American public remains evenly divided on whether President Obama's health care plan should be passed, according to the latest Wall Street Journal-NBC News poll.
Forty-six percent of all respondents came out in favor of passing the bill, with 45 percent against it.

where the shit are you getting that from?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748704688604575125992538227492.html

The survey found that opinions have solidified around the health-care legislation, with 48% calling it a "bad idea" and 36% viewing it as a "good idea" when presented with a choice between those two. That gap is consistent with surveys dating to the fall.

::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
*yawn*

You mean THESE POLL NUMBERS?

Public views of the health care bills being discussed in Congress have remained quite stable over the past few months. As has been the case since last July, there is more opposition than support for these proposals. Currently, 48% say they generally oppose the health care bills in Congress while 38% say they generally favor them. That is almost identical to the balance of opinion in February and January.

http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=1682

Or these:

As Americans wait for Congress to act on health care, a Fox News poll released Thursday finds 55 percent oppose the reforms being considered, while 35 percent favor them.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/18/fox-news-poll-oppose-health-care-reform/

Cease with the tired Obama talking points. Americans ain't buying it. Obama and Pelosi have been talking that mess FOR MONTHS. And despite PR stunt after PR stunt, appearance after appearance, interview after interview, the results have been the same.

The American people understand this bill quite well. Heck, most understand it more THAN THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF. Brett Baier from FOX NEWS understood the bill, more than Obama did, which is why he made the President look like a bumbling fool. The Republicans understood the bill better than Obama, which is why that sham of a bipartisan meeting in February BACKFIRED on Mr. Hope-and-Change.

That's why approval for this crap (and for Obama himself) CONTINUES TO DROP!

Lest you forget, the reason ObamaCare ain't law right now is because the people YANKED the one Senate seat, that you thought you had on lock, right from under your feet.

Scott Brown ran on direct opposition to ObamaCare AND WON......in MASSACHUSETTS, for heaven's sake. Enough said!!!

Apparently, you're Egyptian. The Dems are SCARED TO DEATH to go home and face the wrath of their constituents. They're running like scalded dogs, with many retiring to avoid Moore's predicted beatings which await them.

WOW!!! NBC, the network that's been doing the Lewinsky on Obama, since he announce his campaign. There's a big shock.  ::)

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
hope and change !!!!!    change to communism :-\

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
hope and change !!!!!    change to communism :-\

I seriously wish a huge natural disaster would wipe out DC. 

Anyone cheering on this insanity should be forced to walk the plank into a sea of sharks and alligators.     

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
they should be charged with treason and rot in prison with the ksm guys,  they arent much diff,  bammer just wears a suit and speaks better english

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I seriously wish a huge natural disaster would wipe out DC.  

Anyone cheering on this insanity should be forced to walk the plank into a sea of sharks and alligators.    

Laura Ingraham made a good point last night on the O'Reilly Factor. Citing a GOP leader, she stated the lack of Dems' advertising that, for every vote they flip, another gets flipped on them.

Add to that Obama's postponing his Indonesia trip to June, and the short answer simply is: THEY STILL DON'T HAVE THE VOTES.

This article says much the same:

Setbacks Zero Out Gains in Whip Count

House Democrats officially gained two and lost two on Thursday as they continued their painstaking zigzag toward 216 votes and final passage of a sweeping health care overhaul, now likely on Sunday.

Leaders got two pieces of good news, with retiring Science and Technology Chairman Bart Gordon (D-Tenn.) and freshman Rep. Betsy Markey (D-Colo.), who voted "no" on the original House bill, announcing they would back reform this time around. But those gains were offset by the losses of Reps. Michael Arcuri (D-N.Y.) and Stephen Lynch (D-Mass.) who flipped their previous support to opposition.

Lynch, in particular, was a blow to reform supporters, since the former union president had not been on any watch lists of potential vote flippers. He ripped the Senate-passed measure as a “surrender” to insurance companies, and he held fast to his opposition even after a meeting at the White House with President Barack Obama on Thursday afternoon.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/44376-1.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
they should be charged with treason and rot in prison with the ksm guys,  they arent much diff,  bammer just wears a suit and speaks better english

Check this out.

www.usdebtclock.org

Democrats = Communists   - that is what it has become.  They have either vocally or silently supported the govt takeover of everything and beg for more.  There is no limit to what they want the govt to do other than permit an abortion.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
333 nothing is a surprise anymore from these lib/commies,  the only things thats still amazing are the dumb fucking idiots that think obama wants to help them and do best for the country

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
333 nothing is a surprise anymore from these lib/commies,  the only things thats still amazing are the dumb fucking idiots that think obama wants to help them and do best for the country

Obama has flat-out admitted that this is all about saving his behind.

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
why are there never any ethics charges filed on this lieing piece of shit, he is still a person, and did take the same oath

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
why are there never any ethics charges filed on this lieing piece of shit, he is still a person, and did take the same oath

This has been like giving the keys to a Ferrari to a drunk 16 y/o who has never even seen a car before. 

BodyProSite

• Getbig IV
good metaphor  lol

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You talk about robbing Peter to pay Paul. NOW, the Dems are coming up with foolishness to drop the Cornhusker Kickback (without which, THERE WOULD BE NO SENATE BILL, IN THE FIRST PLACE) and replace it wit deals for other Democratic folk.

Ben Nelson sold out and may get monopoly money for his efforts.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Nationalized healthcare is just in time to insure that chick trying to become the world's fattest woman. What a brilliant use for hard earned taxpayer dollars!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The democrats morons and dupes were had and played for fools, like always.  Check this out. 
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ___________________

Robert Gibbs publicly admits a 4-year delay in implementing the adult preexisting condition rule.
Posted by seafan in General Discussion
Thu Mar 18th 2010, 08:42 PM

WH Press Secretary Robert Gibbs acknowledged today during his press briefing that the rule prohibiting insurance companies from excluding adults for preexisting conditions will not take effect for another four years.

This is the first time I have heard this publicly stated by an official of the administration.

Today. Three days before the purported vote.

Now, the question is, will our media report this to the American people before this debacle of a vote?

Somehow, I don't think most people will take this little piece of shrouded information lightly.

With all the celebration going on about how 'historic' this bill is, the people are finding out that they will not see any benefits for 4 more years for one of the mainstays in how this monstrously flawed Senate health care bill was sold to us.

So, for 4 more years, the lives of adults with preexisting conditions will be destroyed by the backroom deals made between the president and Big Health.

Are they hoping for the ink to dry on this bill before the people find out?

Don't the people of this country deserve better than THIS?

MR. GIBBS: .....

Tom.

Q I have two quick questions.

MR. GIBBS: Yes.

Q First, earlier this week -- sorry, I have two questions. First, earlier this week, both Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore pointed out that the preexisting condition provision of the legislation doesn’t take effect for another four years, and I’m wondering if you could tell us, was that a concession, and if so, who fought for that and what did they -- what did you get in return?

MR. GIBBS: There is --

Q For adults, that is.

MR. GIBBS: Right. Well, again, the -- as I described earlier and as the President has described, there are certain things that cannot be instituted until you have everyone in the system. Obviously this is a piece of legislation that phases in over the course of many years those changes. And as a result of that phasing in, when that's done, preexisting conditions for adults will be outlawed. But understand this -- when this becomes law, an insurance company will no longer be able to discriminate against a child that has -- that they believe or says that has a preexisting condition.

Q That’s on day one.

MR. GIBBS: Right.

Q Children. And so it’s pegged to the mandate then, is that fair to say?

MR. GIBBS: Yes.

Notice that Gibbs did not answer the question of 'who pushed for this, was it a concession, and what might he have gotten in return.....'

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Nationalized healthcare is just in time to insure that chick trying to become the world's fattest woman. What a brilliant use for hard earned taxpayer dollars!
\

she'll never realize her dream.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
\

she'll never realize her dream.

Why are you going to train her? 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This bill is simply an attempot to put private insurance companies out of buisiness so they can implement a single payer program.The democunts want government in charge of everything and every aspect of our lives but pretend they are really looking out for us.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Health Care Reform: What the Repubes Will Have To Run Against In The Fall
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 07:12:43 AM »
BUMP