Author Topic: How many nationwide "going postal" events will we have tomorrow  (Read 3889 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: How many nationwide "going postal" event will we have tomorrow
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 01:06:33 PM »
You could say I'm a consultant
LOL im a consultant as well straw  ;D ;) LMFAOROTFL hahahaha

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 01:07:32 PM »
the 20% of the population that straw here is speaking are the people that r poor now....their parents were poor...their grandparents were poor and so on...

WHILE LIVING IN ONE OF THE BEST ENONOMIES ON THE PLANET..for the most part

so you could say they r "generational losers"...i mean he keeps throwing that my parents could help me out in my face...buut is it MY fault that your parents were also fuck ups... :-\
carpe` vaginum!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 01:11:10 PM »
the 20% of the population that straw here is speaking are the people that r poor now....their parents were poor...their grandparents were poor and so on...

WHILE LIVING IN ONE OF THE BEST ENONOMIES ON THE PLANET..for the most part

so you could say they r "generational losers"...i mean he keeps throwing that my parents could help me out in my face...buut is it MY fault that your parents were also fuck ups... :-\
LOL and makes fun of me for being underemployed and going back to school but he wants to help those ppl out as well hahahahah making fun of the ppl he wants to help... ;) ignorant disconnect describes straw to a "T"

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 01:16:08 PM »
LOL and makes fun of me for being underemployed and going back to school but he wants to help those ppl out as well hahahahah making fun of the ppl he wants to help... ;) ignorant disconnect describes straw to a "T"

successful people like u that r going to school and KNOW they have a bright future ahead dont want the governments help...they know they can make it on their own thankyou...

only the dumbfucks that r too stupid to make enough $ to afford insurance need a handout from the govt  :-\

yanno whats gonna happen...the great doctors in this country r gonna go elsewhere to make $ and we r gonna be left with the C students of medschool...

on the bright side...you and i will be able to travel to get the best healthcare while these people will have to be content with the scraps the govt throws at them
carpe` vaginum!

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 01:58:46 PM »
Yeah Straw what do you really do for a living? You make fun of someone with a part time job in this economy calling it "bad planning". How fucking clueless are you?! I guess all the millions out of work is because of their "bad planning"? Never mind that a lot of them busted their asses but their companies went under or work was insufficient. You are in denial you don't know what's going on around you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2010, 02:03:38 PM »

Props to you for going to school tony.  Anytime someone starts talking down to you and claiming they make more money than you, when they've never even met you and really know nothing about you, you know that person is (1) insecure, (2) probably lying, and (3) unable to address the actual subject at hand.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »
Props to tony for going back to school.  Wise man say, you work when the economy is good, and you go to school when the economy is bad.

it takes a lot of courage and humility to do this (go back to humbling work even though you have the BS degree), i've done it.  best move of my life.

turrilli

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2010, 03:31:41 PM »
Those that support this legislation seem to be missing one of the key elements of being an American in which that is, "We have the right to fail" at that point it's up to us to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and move forward or we can choose to lie in the dirt and cry. Lot's of respect for this Tony guy choosing to take care of himself instead of demanding others take care of him.

Now I realize there are those who end up face down in the dirt that do not have the ability to take care of themselves, these people do legitimately exist but in America we are profound in taking care of our own...we're the most charitable country in the world, in 2007 & 2008 in midst of a recession we still gave 20 times the amount per-cap of any country in the EU.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2010, 04:43:02 PM »
Yeah Straw what do you really do for a living? You make fun of someone with a part time job in this economy calling it "bad planning". How fucking clueless are you?! I guess all the millions out of work is because of their "bad planning"? Never mind that a lot of them busted their asses but their companies went under or work was insufficient. You are in denial you don't know what's going on around you.

I didn't really make fun of him for having a part time job.  I chided him for having 2 degrees (I thought he had 2 when I wrote the post) and not having a job but you're right that I shouldn't have made an issue of that either.   I assume he's trying his best and plenty of people are out of work. Tony is lucky he has insurance because I know in the past he didn't and the irony is that he's exactly the type of person who will benefit from this bill.

I have a few friends who were doing better than me that are now completely broke (i.e. no home, car repossesed, sleeping on friends couches, etc.. and of course no health insurance).   I've been self employed pretty much my entire life and I've had periods where I made great money and periods that were no so good but when times were good I never went out and bought the Porsche or BMW (like my friend who is now broke) and always lived below my means and saved money.  While many of my friends are broke, or struggling under a mountain of debt I've managed to pay my bills, maintain my savings/investments etc..

I shouldn't have teased Tony about his work situation but I know many people like him who actually understand the value of having an affordable health insurance option

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »
LOL im a consultant as well straw  ;D ;) LMFAOROTFL hahahaha
don't you get paid a salary (or hourly wage) to perform a specific task?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2010, 04:46:15 PM »
I didn't really make fun of him for having a part time job.  I chided him for having 2 degrees (I thought he had 2 when I wrote the post) and not having a job but you're right that I shouldn't have made an issue of that either.   I assume he's trying his best and plenty of people are out of work. Tony is lucky he has insurance because I know in the past he didn't and the irony is that he's exactly the type of person who will benefit from this bill.

I have a few friends who were doing better than me that are now completely broke (i.e. no home, car repossesed, sleeping on friends couches, etc.. and of course no health insurance).   I've been self employed pretty much my entire life and I've had periods where I made great money and periods that were no so good but when times were good I never went out and bought the Porsche or BMW (like my friend who is now broke) and always lived below my means and saved money.  While many of my friends are broke, or struggling under a mountain of debt I've managed to pay my bills, maintain my savings/investments etc..

I shouldn't have teased Tony about his work situation but I know many people like him who actually understand the value of having an affordable health insurance option

It's cool. You sound like the typical ultra-liberal.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2010, 04:48:08 PM »
It's cool. You sound like the typical ultra-liberal.

I'm actually pretty conservative.

we wouldn't even need this f'ng bill if we just regulated the industry to begin with.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 04:51:38 PM »
successful people like u that r going to school and KNOW they have a bright future ahead dont want the governments help...they know they can make it on their own thankyou...

only the dumbfucks that r too stupid to make enough $ to afford insurance need a handout from the govt  :-\

yanno whats gonna happen...the great doctors in this country r gonna go elsewhere to make $ and we r gonna be left with the C students of medschool...

on the bright side...you and i will be able to travel to get the best healthcare while these people will have to be content with the scraps the govt throws at them
agreed

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2010, 04:52:43 PM »
Props to you for going to school tony.  Anytime someone starts talking down to you and claiming they make more money than you, when they've never even met you and really know nothing about you, you know that person is (1) insecure, (2) probably lying, and (3) unable to address the actual subject at hand. 
thanks beach

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 04:53:53 PM »
Props to tony for going back to school.  Wise man say, you work when the economy is good, and you go to school when the economy is bad.

it takes a lot of courage and humility to do this (go back to humbling work even though you have the BS degree), i've done it.  best move of my life.
thanks 240 and yes it is humbling but I think a good move in the long run as well.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 04:56:07 PM »
don't you get paid a salary (or hourly wage) to perform a specific task?
no salary, hourly wage plus commision plus bonus based on how the office does as whole at the end of the season.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 05:04:37 PM »
no salary, hourly wage plus commision plus bonus based on how the office does as whole at the end of the season.

I work on deals for weeks/months and sometime never make a dime

Sometimes things fall in my lap and everything fits together and I made a nice rip for very little work (though I'm basically getting paid for expertise and knowing what to do)

BTW - if you're doing tax stuff already have you considered working for the IRS?  Supposedly they have to hire 17,000 more people (over the next 10 years).   

333 brought that up in an earlier post and that number has been thrown around by Republicans but I can't find the details (i.e are they part time, full time, how many are being added due to replacing retirees, etc..).   

Aparently the IRS has quite a few people who are approaching retirement age in the next 10 years.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/newsroom/wot_pub_4783.pdf

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 05:15:39 PM »

Sometimes things fall in my lap and everything fits together and I made a nice rip for very little work (though I'm basically getting paid for expertise and knowing what to do)

BTW - if you're doing tax stuff already have you considered working for the IRS?  Supposedly they have to hire 17,000 more people (over the next 10 years).   

333 brought that up in an earlier post and that number has been thrown around by Republicans but I can't find the details (i.e are they part time, full time, how many are being added due to replacing retirees, etc..).   

Aparently the IRS has quite a few people who are approaching retirement age in the next 10 years.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/newsroom/wot_pub_4783.pdf
I work on returns and ammendments as well for weeks at a time... ;) so can I call myself a consultant as well? what is your area of expertise?

Im not really considering work for the IRS but I would say Im definitely not ruling it out. Ive heard different numbers 16000 as well I really dont know much about the details of the jobs pay, workload, specialty etc...Ive been told by some ppl that working for independent accounting firms that do internal audits/tax to make sure they are in accordance with SOX is a good job and a good place to start a career.

I would say that on a side not did you know if you call the IRS with a tax question their respondents are told is more important to be nice than right...also if they tell you to do something and you do it on your taxes but their wrong you still get hammered...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »

we wouldn't even need this f'ng bill if we just regulated the industry to begin with.

::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Regulation always drive down costs,  rrrriiiiggggggghhhhttttt .

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 05:20:17 PM »
I work on returns and ammendments as well for weeks at a time... ;) so can I call myself a consultant as well? what is your area of expertise?

Im not really considering work for the IRS but I would say Im definitely not ruling it out. Ive heard different numbers 16000 as well I really dont know much about the details of the jobs pay, workload, specialty etc...Ive been told by some ppl that working for independent accounting firms that do internal audits/tax to make sure they are in accordance with SOX is a good job and a good place to start a career.

I would say that on a side not did you know if you call the IRS with a tax question their respondents are told is more important to be nice than right...also if they tell you to do something and you do it on your taxes but their wrong you still get hammered...

I've heard many horrible stories about the IRS and that's probably one of the reason why I never try to pull any shit on my returns.  
It's just not worth the potential hassles/costs etc... even if you're right

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
::)  ::)  ::)  ::)

Regulation always drive down costs,  rrrriiiiggggggghhhhttttt .

I didn't say that did I?

Costs are only one issue

Look - We own this country and we get to establish some basic rules on how businesses are allowed to operate.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »

and u want other people to cover your medical insurance for those times eh
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »
'thanks 240 and yes it is humbling but I think a good move in the long run as well.'

I had a teaching degree and a computer networking AA degree, along with certifications, and I was pushing carts and landscaping when I couldn't work entry level computer work.  Sucked.  Was so embarassing.  But it was so so worth it. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2010, 06:59:46 PM »
and u want other people to cover your medical insurance for those times eh

when did I say that

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2010, 07:09:34 PM »