Author Topic: time traveler?  (Read 8862 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: time traveler?
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2010, 09:13:22 AM »
Thanks for jumping into the big Black Hole of QM, No One.

I love to discuss this shit and I seem to recall that there were actually 8 dimensions that these smart guys were able to think about or discover or what-not.

I, myself, am still trying to comprehend the third one and when it comes to the 4th one, I am completely lost'ed. So I am totally confused with anything beyond.

I'm not smart enough to explain the shit I sort of learned from "Dancing Wu Li Masters" but there is a section within that book that explains how individual "packets" of light travel (like a stream of very tiny bullets) through space and when those individual "bullets" reach an object with three slits cut in it, those bullets can make a "decision" as to which slit they should travel through. (Kind of like - each can make an individual decision.)

These smart guys actually measure this kind of stuff by the light and shadows cast on a wall behind that object with the slits in it.

And that's just the basic shit and the point at which it all leads into the very strange stuff. It all starts off with these little packets of light knowing where each of them should go and eventually leads to the conclusion that the only thing that actually exists within this world we are sort of familiar with is PURE ENERGY and nothing else.

And I think that those various dimensions are the "places" that I think are the 'ulterior universes' that we all participate in somehow ... Dude, I'm only realize how dumb I am on this subject when I try to explain what I THINK I know about it, It kind of like scambles my thinking process.,

Of course all this shit I'm saying is based on a book I read 20+ years ago, so these QM guys might have smarted up even more  and made new discoveries which they haven't told me about yet. (Those bastids!)

By the way, I had to read Dancing Wu Li Masters five or six times before some of it even began to sink into my mentally deficient cranium.

Six or seven more times and I just might be able to discuss it better. But it does appear that a person must be on the verge of insanity to fully understand most of it. (I say that because I honestly believe that once a person gets too damn smart, he falls into the insane category.) Something like a big unending circle of "smartness" to insanity and back again.

Getting to sound like Falcon here but this smart - insane shit is based on a couple of very close and recent observations.

Thanks again, No One.  I am gonna look for Lisa's book immediately.

I think I just developed a brain tumor from reading that.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2010, 09:21:14 AM »
here s a pic of the time machine.

thank you, finally
i was waiting for someone to point out the obvious....i thought it might be some kind of joke.  you would have to be retarded to look at a photo on the internet and take it at face value with the image manipulation software available to people now-a-days

i cannot believe people are taking this seriously....you can see where he is superimposed.....its not even a good photoshop

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2010, 09:28:33 AM »
No One, I found it and here is the review on Lisa's book Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

You GetBiggers gotta excuse me but this may encourage a couple of you (one - maybe) to smarten up and get interested in QM and explain major portions of it to me. If you like this kind of stuff - It's amazing shit. Here are a couple of her book reviews. I did condense it a bit for you GetBiggers who don't like to read Big Words.

Harvard physicist Randall does a very nice job of explaining—often deftly through the use of creative analogies—how our universe may have many unseen dimensions. Readers' heads are likely to be swimming by the end of the book. Randall works hard to make her astoundingly complex material understandable, providing a great deal of background for recent advances in string and supersymmetry theory.

What is absolutely clear is that physicists simply do not yet know if there are extra dimensions a fraction of a millimeter in size, dimensions of infinite size or only the dimensions we see.

What's also clear is that the large hadron collider, the world's most powerful tool for studying subatomic particles, is likely to provide information permitting scientists to differentiate among these ideas soon after it begins operation in Switzerland in 2007.

Randall brings much of the excitement of her field to life as she describes her quest to understand the structure of the universe. B&w illus.

2nd Review......

Randall, a professor of physics at Harvard, offers a tour of current questions in particle physics, string theory, and cosmology, paying particular attention to the thesis that more physical dimensions exist than are usually acknowledged. Writing for a general audience, Randall is patient and kind: she encourages readers to skip around in the text, corrals mathematical equations in an appendix at the back, and starts off each chapter with an allegorical story, in a manner recalling the work of George Gamow. Although the subject itself is intractably difficult to follow, the exuberance of Randall's narration is appealing. She's honest about the limits of the known, and almost revels in the uncertainties that underlie her work—including the possibility that some day it may all be proved wrong.

Thanks again, No One.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2010, 09:36:44 AM »
LOL, Show. Don't feel bad. Most people do! But you will soon recover.

But if you'd like to avoid brain tumors in the 4th dimension, I strongly advise ya to read "Dancing Wu Li Masters'.

It's a sure-all cure-all that will really scramble that brain of yours but once it's fried up a bit, it starts to gel and mystify your mind and gets ya thinking deep enough to do something that I have no idea of right now.

I guess it just gets ya thinking about things beyond the routine of everyday life.... and I do mean WAY BEYOND.

Reading about things you never even knew existed is one of the great things about reading!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2010, 02:40:40 PM »
he's the only one in the pic who's ear is casting a shadow on his cheek

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2010, 05:27:23 PM »
I met Dr. Lisa Randall once. She's buff! Nice arms and shoulders. Probably a getbigger.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »
How the heck did you meet her, Lurk?

Did she say anything that could be important to us Get Big Quantum Gurus?

Did you read her book which I plan to go out looking for within the hour?

You got any opinion on this 7th or 8th dimension stuff?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2010, 07:11:42 PM »
thank you, finally
i was waiting for someone to point out the obvious....i thought it might be some kind of joke.  you would have to be retarded to look at a photo on the internet and take it at face value with the image manipulation software available to people now-a-days

i cannot believe people are taking this seriously....you can see where he is superimposed.....its not even a good photoshop
No, dudes on the negative as well.
A

Jizzacked

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2010, 07:38:10 PM »
stunt,

I remember you recommending wu li masters a while back, sounded interesting.  however, after reading all the poor reviews on amazon I had to take a pass.  would you happen to have a rebuttal to those scathing one and two star reviews that people were giving this piece of work.. basically writing it off as 'pop science' drivel?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2010, 07:54:18 PM »
Jizz, without reading those Wu Li reviews, I would guess that they were written by some good people outside of the scientific community because based on my limited understanding of the subject matter, the QM experts (if there are such individuals within the QM world this early in the game) tend to agree with the author.

But as I've stated earlier, I'm not in the QM informational pipeline so it is possible that new studies have made parts of Dancing Wu Li Masters invalid.

But I seriously doubt it.

Now I gotta read those reviews. I just hope that they don't use real big words

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »
No One, I found it and here is the review on Lisa's book Warped Passages: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Universe's Hidden Dimensions

You GetBiggers gotta excuse me but this may encourage a couple of you (one - maybe) to smarten up and get interested in QM and explain major portions of it to me. If you like this kind of stuff - It's amazing shit. Here are a couple of her book reviews. I did condense it a bit for you GetBiggers who don't like to read Big Words.

Harvard physicist Randall does a very nice job of explaining—often deftly through the use of creative analogies—how our universe may have many unseen dimensions. Readers' heads are likely to be swimming by the end of the book. Randall works hard to make her astoundingly complex material understandable, providing a great deal of background for recent advances in string and supersymmetry theory.

What is absolutely clear is that physicists simply do not yet know if there are extra dimensions a fraction of a millimeter in size, dimensions of infinite size or only the dimensions we see.

What's also clear is that the large hadron collider, the world's most powerful tool for studying subatomic particles, is likely to provide information permitting scientists to differentiate among these ideas soon after it begins operation in Switzerland in 2007.

Randall brings much of the excitement of her field to life as she describes her quest to understand the structure of the universe. B&w illus.

2nd Review......

Randall, a professor of physics at Harvard, offers a tour of current questions in particle physics, string theory, and cosmology, paying particular attention to the thesis that more physical dimensions exist than are usually acknowledged. Writing for a general audience, Randall is patient and kind: she encourages readers to skip around in the text, corrals mathematical equations in an appendix at the back, and starts off each chapter with an allegorical story, in a manner recalling the work of George Gamow. Although the subject itself is intractably difficult to follow, the exuberance of Randall's narration is appealing. She's honest about the limits of the known, and almost revels in the uncertainties that underlie her work—including the possibility that some day it may all be proved wrong.

Thanks again, No One.

your welcome, sir.

and just as an fyi, i stopped my search for 'the meaning' of life, or the secret if you will- the 'why we are here'- once i left QM and stumbled into reality, not reality in terms of 'this is life' but reality in terms of 'is this life?' i got stumped when i came head to head with the premise that, who is to say that this- your life, my life- is all really happening. who is to say that the life i live, the things i do, the relationships i have, this board even, isn't just a creation of my own consciousness. who is to say any of this is real? these words you are reading (if indeed someone is reading them) are not just a creation of your own mind and nothing truly exists outside of what you manifest for yourself.

it was at this point i pulled it back a notch and just decided to stop 'trying to get it'. i was making myself pretty unhappy. i do enjoy the challenge of thinking about such things and discussing them still, but have a more new-found appreciation for the life i'm living, rather than trying to solve it's riddle. maybe in all that what was meant to happen, maybe i was meant to go thru those stages to fully appreciate 'life' more than i used to. (shades of 'the celestine prophesy' by  james redfield in that last sentence. heh.)

b

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »
Sorry, guys and gals, but I just did a "copy" and now I gotta "paste" some Wu Li reviews for Jizz and some of you other GetBiggers because it could prove damn important in discovering a part of your brain that you never knew existed ..... or something like that.

I ,myself, had to read it more than once to get a rough idea of what it was all about but if you stick with it and read it nice and slow, it'll eventually knock the shit out of that space between your earlobes and you'll be saying WOW at the end of every chapter - at least that will be true once you pass the middle or a bit earlier.

Here are some Amazon book reviews:

At an Esalen Institute meeting in 1976, tai chi master Al Huang said that the Chinese word for physics is Wu Li, "patterns of organic energy." Journalist Gary Zukav and the others present developed the idea of physics as the dance of the Wu Li Masters--the teachers of physical essence. Zukav explains the concept further:

The Wu Li Master dances with his student. The Wu Li Master does not teach, but the student learns. The Wu Li Master always begins at the center, the heart of the matter.... This book deals not with knowledge, which is always past tense anyway, but with imagination, which is physics come alive, which is Wu Li.... Most people believe that physicists are explaining the world. Some physicists even believe that, but the Wu Li Masters know that they are only dancing with it.

The "new physics" of Zukav's 1979 book comprises quantum theory, particle physics, and relativity. Even as these theories age they haven't percolated all that far into the collective consciousness; they're too far removed from mundane human experience not to need introduction. The Dancing Wu Li Masters remains an engaging, accessible way to meet the most profound and mind-altering insights of 20th-century science. --Mary Ellen Curtin

Review

"Zukav is such a skillful expositor, with such amiable style, that it is hard to imagine a layman who would not find this book enjoyable and informative."
--Martin Gardner, staff writer, Scientific American -- Review

"'Stripped of mathematics, physics becomes pure enchantment'...I don't care how dumb you are at science; you'll come away from this book feeling like a Wu Li master yourself."
--Christopher Lehmann-Haupt, The New York Times

"Zukav is such a skillful expositor, with such amiable style, that it is hard to imagine a layman who would not find this book enjoyable and informative."

Review ends

I don't see a bad review up there but don't let that initial hocus pokus scare ya off and do your best to get by the first 3 - 4 dozen pages where he expounds on the history mathmatic pioneers. (The cat in the black box thought process was miles above my head though.)

It really starts to get interesting when he starts speaking about the dual nature of light which is explained so simply that it can be understood by a cat. (You'll eventually learn that the dual nature of light will depend on how you observe it.)

And the book explains it much more simpler than I'm presently attempting to accomplish.

If I had a copy, I'd send it to ya but I've had seven soft bound copiesand I keep giving them to people whom I think should read it.

Thanks , Jizz, for your interest.

Jizzacked

« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2010, 08:38:59 PM »
good stuff stunt...

I will probably end up reading it at some point, I just don't have the time at the moment.  you seem like a pretty enlightened cat and I usually make an effort to look into books/articles that certain individuals seem to have been profoundly impacted by.

I will let you know my thoughts when the day comes, I have it bookmarked.

btw if you are interested, here is the link for all the one star reviews on amazon..
http://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Wu-Li-Masters-Overview/product-reviews/0060959681/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2010, 08:56:37 PM »
No one ! Thanks for you intelligent post regarding reality. I could have been a bit messed up that day, but I kind of recall discussing that very same subject in a philosophy class which I didn't appreciate back then because it was a requirement and I wasn't too interested in what old guys thought about many centuries before my time.

In fact I was so bored and uninterested back then that I can only recall a discussion in that very same class about a tree fallINg in the woods with no one near enough to hear it - the problem/question being - DOES IT MAKE A SOUND??

And that one topic woke everyone up and eventually led us towards discussions and arguments of a much more profound philosophical nature such as "Are we really here or are we thinking it?!"

That question is briefly discussed in Wu Li if I recall correctly.

Thanks, No

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2010, 09:03:12 PM »
Thanks, Jizz! I hope you give it a try. It's tuff reading but get far enough in and you'll be hooked. And you might have to read a chapter or two more than once to be a Master yourself .... which I sure as hell ain't yet.

LurkyLurker

• Getbig III
  • Advices
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
How the heck did you meet her, Lurk?

Did she say anything that could be important to us Get Big Quantum Gurus?

Did you read her book which I plan to go out looking for within the hour?

You got any opinion on this 7th or 8th dimension stuff?

She was speaking at a conference about the new hadron collider. I was invited by a friend with connections. I like to think of myself as fairly educated, but learned quickly that I'm not. The woman is impressive, physically as well as mentally.

heavyNbasic

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2010, 10:33:24 PM »
Time travel?  Didn't True Adonis make a machine for that.  Oh, no, wait, that was anti-gravity.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »
She was speaking at a conference about the new hadron collider. I was invited by a friend with connections. I like to think of myself as fairly educated, but learned quickly that I'm not. The woman is impressive, physically as well as mentally.

true dat.

after all of this the only thing that i know is that i don't know anything.
b

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2010, 08:10:49 AM »
That guy is clearly from the future!   :o

NCNPC29

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2010, 08:56:06 AM »
its from 1941. dude has a silkscreen t-shirt on.
http://www.virtualmuseum.ca/pm_v2.php?id=record_detail&fl=0&lg=English&ex=00000470&hs=0&rd=117666

Silk Screening was invented and patented in 1907. In 1910 color silk screening was patented.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2010, 09:05:23 AM »
Here's another basic deep thought thing to think about. Do you realize that many deep thinker guys are actually paid to sit around and think of things like this. But I have no idea what the hell they do with the thoughts they think about. Maybe they end up making science fiction movies or kid's cartoons and new ways to annhilate Superman, etc., etc.

Be prepare to think deep cause here goes ....

The speed of light in the USA is approximately 186,000 miles per second.
In Europe and some other places it's 299,792,458 meters per second or about 300,000 kilometers per second.

The above difference being that some of us measure distances in miles per second and others measure in meters/kilometers per second.

But no matter where we stand the speed of light is a constant.. That means a lot of stuff but for dumb guys like me and some of youz it simply means that it never changes. It never starts out slow and eventually builds up to that 186,000 number. It is constant so it even starts its long journey at 186,000 miles per second and that's one hell of a blastoff.

ANd if you were to run towards the speed of light at a tremendous speed, it would still hit you at a speed of 186,000 miles per second.

Or likewise, if you were to run away from it, it would still hit ya at 186,000 miles per second.

But now we're getting into Albert's theory of relativity stuff and off the track a bit, but let's continue anyway.....

So now ya gotta start the deep thinking process ........ What would happen if YOU were able to travel faster than the speed of light at exactly 200,000 miles per second or maybe even faster at double the speed of light. In that case your top speed would be 372,000 miles per second.

Without trying to be too damn funny, what would happen if you could travel that fast?

This is somewhat similar to what those deep thinkers think about and get paid for doing so.

But this this question is pretty damn basic so there is an answer for it somewhere here on the internet. Not only an answer, but a major discussion that involves all sort of complications and interesting stuff.

And here's where I end this ....... I have a family friend who is one of these guys who thinks deep thoughts. We all think (most of us) but this guy thinks miles deeper than each of us GetBiggers. And he says that he loves to think of complicated stuff but has a difficult time thinking about 'eternity'.

In fact it's such a problem for him that whenever he thinks deeply about endless time, he gets dizzy.

And that is the one thing that this smart guy and myself have in common. I get dizzy too!

And I got a feeling that many of you GetBiggers get dizzy also! In fact some of youz might even get dizzy simply thinking about tomorrow.

But then, what the fook do I know?!

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2010, 09:07:50 AM »

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2010, 10:30:20 AM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2010, 10:35:36 AM »
I know from watching Superman that if you fly fast enough and anti-clockwise around the world you can go back in time. I would then go to Vegas and lay down some bets rather than saving Lois, but that's just me.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 10:39:02 AM »
I know from watching Superman that if you fly fast enough and anti-clockwise around the world you can go back in time. I would then go to Vegas and lay down some bets rather than saving Lois, but that's just me.
Sounds like a quote from disturbia.