Author Topic: The Real Reason Palin Resigned?  (Read 3056 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: The Real Reason Palin Resigned?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 09:12:26 AM »
They're desperate, deluded and incapable of seeing any difference between Palin and Obama. :)

Palin is a nitwit, period. She was never a serious candidate and we should all be embarrassed American politics has come to this point.

I would also do her, MrDumpling.... that just makes us men, LOL!

Kaje - please tell me who you would take seriously?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 09:15:37 AM »
They're desperate, deluded and incapable of seeing any difference between Palin and Obama. :)

Palin is a nitwit, period. She was never a serious candidate and we should all be embarrassed American politics has come to this point.

Wooohhh!  That's a relief...I was beginning to think I was being judged for my carnal desires of an older irrelevant woman!  ;D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 09:19:30 AM »
I'd still do her...does that make me a bad person?  ;D

of course not

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 09:22:19 AM »
of course not

Straw - is there any potential GOP candidate you would consider serious? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 09:27:29 AM »
Straw - is there any potential GOP candidate you would consider serious? 

I liked McCain in 2000

Can't recall anyone since then that I would consider voting for but I certainly wouldn't rule it out

It all depends on who is running

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2010, 09:28:50 AM »
I liked McCain in 2000

Can't recall anyone since then that I would consider voting for but I certainly wouldn't rule it out

It all depends on who is running

Romney
Pawlenty
Thune
Hucklebee
Ron Paul

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2010, 09:32:10 AM »
Kaje - please tell me who you would take seriously?

No idea. Anyone for enacting real change wouldn't make it far enough to get on our radar. Still, things were pretty ugly and they (Repubs) decided to run Great Grandad and hot MILF. How bad does shit really have to be when a majority of Americans are willing to have a black president, LOL?!

Republicans simply did not want to inherit this economy. They just didn't believe the votes necessary for this health mess would be gained as well. The leadership failed and the message is wrong. They've become a two issue party and most Americans could give a flying poop if two gays marry each other or some random welfare mom has an abortion. People losing their jobs, homes, retirement, and freaking identities just don't give a damn about crap like that. They should have concentrated on jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, and for good measure jobs. Maybe throw in repealing NAFTA/GAT, middle class tax cut, cutting all foreign spending, and true campaign finance reform. Ignore shit like debt because poor and or struggling people don't care about debt. Ignore social security (as a political issue but pass a lock box) because no one is ever going to believe their check will not show up.

Assholes also should have stopped Bush from beginning the whole bailout process. It goes against everything republican principles stand for other than pure greed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 09:38:01 AM »
No idea. Anyone for enacting real change wouldn't make it far enough to get on our radar. Still, things were pretty ugly and they (Repubs) decided to run Great Grandad and hot MILF. How bad does shit really have to be when a majority of Americans are willing to have a black president, LOL?!

Republicans simply did not want to inherit this economy. They just didn't believe the votes necessary for this health mess would be gained as well. The leadership failed and the message is wrong. They've become a two issue party and most Americans could give a flying poop if two gays marry each other or some random welfare mom has an abortion. People losing their jobs, homes, retirement, and freaking identities just don't give a damn about crap like that. They should have concentrated on jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, jobs, and for good measure jobs. Maybe throw in repealing NAFTA/GAT, middle class tax cut, cutting all foreign spending, and true campaign finance reform. Ignore shit like debt because poor and or struggling people don't care about debt. Ignore social security (as a political issue but pass a lock box) because no one is ever going to believe their check will not show up.

Assholes also should have stopped Bush from beginning the whole bailout process. It goes against everything republican principles stand for other than pure greed.

The house GOP members all voted against it remember?  Pelosi called them unpatriotic. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2010, 09:42:37 AM »

Bwahahahahahhahaa.... ;D
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2010, 09:44:18 AM »
Here you go 240 -     240 - "I am a libertarian"
________________________ ________________________ _______

The Left's Latest Meme: Governor Palin is a Big Spender Just Like Obama
Conservatives4Palin.com ^ | April 1, 2010 | Doug Brady

Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2010 11:00:18 AM by DB9

Ever since Governor Palin emerged on the scene as a threat to their Messiah, The Left has concocted a number of phony narratives about Governor Palin. She didn't go to the right schools, hasn't traveled enough, doesn't speak with a cosmopolitan accent, is a religious fanatic who thinks dinosaurs roamed the earth a couple thousand years ago, believes in witchcraft, resigned her position as governor because of an FBI investigation, or is responsible for the alleged unruly behavior of one or two Tea Party activists, which likely didn't even occur, to name a few. None of this was true of course. This brings us to the latest meme. Get ready for it: now Governor Palin is fiscally irresponsible and left her state deeply in debt. If nothing else, you have to admire the Left's creativity.

The basis for this ridiculous claim is an article in The Washington Independent by Megan Carpentier (yeah, I never heard of her either). Carpentier writes:

"Less than a year after then-Gov. Sarah Palin (R-Alaska) quit the government to pursue other projects, Alaska leads the way in its debt-to-GDP ratio when its unfunded pension obligations are taken into account, followed by Rhode Island, New Mexico, Ohio and Mississippi. (Emphasis mine)"

The goal of Carpentier's article, "Palin Left Alaska With Debts Equal to 70% of its GDP" is clear. She references an article by Mary Williams Walsh in the New York Times, part of which is based on a chart produced by Andrew Biggs in a study for the American Enterprise Institute (AEI). Carpentier uses this study to draw the laughable conclusion that Governor Palin is really a profligate spender whose fiscal irresponsibility has put Alaska on the brink of insolvency. In other words, Palin is just like Obama. Really Megan? I guess the Palin-is-inciting-violence by using standard political rhetoric meme isn't working as well as they had hoped so they had to manufacture another one.

Numbers don't lie, but liars use numbers.

Where to begin... Let's start with the chart Carpentier uses to make her absurd implication that Governor Palin spends like a...er...Democrat. Biggs' chart is speculative and is not based on anything but a hypothesis he's developing to calculate the present value of state pension liabilities. This is not to criticize Biggs' research in any way. Having just read through his working paper, it's very good and he makes many excellent points. However, at the moment it's still a theory and not settled science by any means. Bigg's also notes that his figures include each state's share of the federal debt, something Obama and the Democrat Party have gone out of their way to expand to unprecedented levels. Presumably, that's Governor Palin's fault too.

To be sure, Biggs' basic point that state governments grossly understate the extent to which taxpayers are on the hook for the lavish pensions given to members of public employee unions is unassailable. So for the sake of argument, let's accept Bigg's numbers as fact. What then? Does that mean that Governor Palin wastes money with the enthusiasm of your typical Democrat, as Ms. Carpentier implies? I suppose one could make that argument if she was the one who initiated these extravagant pensions for state employees. But that's not true, as I suspect Ms. Carpentier well knows. In fact, Governor Palin actually tried to address the problem by enacting some much needed reforms to the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) and State Teachers Retirement System (STRS). She ratcheted down obligations by using a tiered system for current employees that allots their pensions according to seniority. She also enacted a totally new system for those who are newly employed while honoring past commitments which she was legally bound to do.

The problem for Ms. Carpentier, of course, is that the ticking time bomb of public employee pension liabilities is the direct result of the corrupt and symbiotic relationship between public employee unions like AFSCME and the SEIU and their patrons in the Democrat Party. This has been festering since 1962 when President Kennedy signed executive order 10988 which allowed for the unionization of public employees, as Daniel Henninger recently noted in the Wall Street Journal. In fact, I could write an entire post on the extent to which the Democrat Party is owned by the public employee unions. Oh wait, I did.

Another problem with Carpentier's implication is that Governor Palin has a long history of tight-fisted fiscal conservatism. She has fought against reckless government spending her entire career and has consistently and repeatedly cut government outlays. As governor of Alaska, she was one of the few political leaders who actually reduced the amount of government spending year to year, as opposed to simply reducing the rate of growth in spending which, incidentally, is what Washington politicians consider a "spending cut". Kathy Carpenter documented Governor Palin's fiscal conservatism in a post last April.

Ms. Carpentier's attempt to blame Governor Palin for the unaffordable pensions bestowed upon public employees is absurd and doesn't pass the laugh test. It makes as much sense as Obama's claim that ObamaCare is a deficit reduction plan. These ridiculously generous tax-payer funded pensions were in place long before Governor Palin's tenure. I suppose we should give Ms. Carpentier some credit for helping to shine light, however unwittingly, on the fiscal disaster that is public employee pensions. However, I suspect Andy Stern would prefer she didn't.

This latest meme, that Governor Palin is a big spender, will fade as fast as the others. I await with interest the next one. My money is on the following: Governor Palin has a secret weather machine that causes it to snow whenever Al Gore bloviates about global warming?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2010, 09:55:19 AM »
Romney
Pawlenty
Thune
Hucklebee
Ron Paul

like I said - I can't recall anyone since then that I would consider voting for

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2010, 10:18:55 AM »
"She isn't relevant 240"

Yes, she is.  She is still the TOP frontrunner for the 2012 GOP nomination.  Intrade.com, the world's leading wagering firm which has a pretty good success clip, has her ahead of romney and pawlenty currently.

333386, I wouldn't expect a group called Conservatives4Palin.com to deliver a fair and balanced look at this - but I do think the debt to GDP numbers aren't something you can argue.  They are what they are.  Defend it if you want.  Or, just admit this is another check in the 'lib' column for her.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2010, 10:20:39 AM »
"She isn't relevant 240"

Yes, she is.  She is still the TOP frontrunner for the 2012 GOP nomination.  Intrade.com, the world's leading wagering firm which has a pretty good success clip, has her ahead of romney and pawlenty currently.

333386, I wouldn't expect a group called Conservatives4Palin.com to deliver a fair and balanced look at this - but I do think the debt to GDP numbers aren't something you can argue.  They are what they are.  Defend it if you want.  Or, just admit this is another check in the 'lib' column for her.

We are saying that we dont take "news" from the onion as real.Sorry.When you show me that article in the Wall Street Journal perhaps I will take it seriously.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2010, 10:21:39 AM »
"She isn't relevant 240"

So, would you blame Christie for the mess NJ is in as a result of the same thing?  

240 - even for you, this thread is a joke.  This is almost back to the palin baby CT's you tried to foist on us.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »
We are saying that we dont take "news" from the onion as real.Sorry.When you show me that article in the Wall Street Journal perhaps I will take it seriously.

well to be fair the Onion does call themselves "America's Finest New Source"

kind of reminds me of "Fair and Balanced"

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 10:27:51 AM »
If you think a state's Debt-to-GDP ratio is irrelevant, that's cool.  Some nations with high ratios include Japan and Greece, and we know what great shape they are in.

You claim you know a great deal about the eocnomy, the root of money, etc - yet you ignore the Debt-to-GDP ratio and consider it irrelevant?  Let me put it simply: Her state has a shitload of oil, but carries more debt than it should compared with the GDP.  Make sense?  

No Onion here - this is a real story fellahs.  Okay, are you now accusing the NY Times of falsifying this data too?
http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/03/30/business/economy/30statesGraphicA.html?ref=economy

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 10:29:47 AM »
The NY Times believes the Debt-to-GDP ratio is a pretty damn good indicator of what states are in seirous financial trouble and who is spending a boatload - 33, do you disagree with them?

California, New York and other states are showing many of the same signs of debt overload that recently took Greece to the brink — budgets that will not balance, accounting that masks debt, the use of derivatives to plug holes, and armies of retired public workers who are counting on benefits that are proving harder and harder to pay.

Here's another article about california mainly, but they point out alaska is #1 in this ratio;
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/30/business/economy/30states.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2010, 10:35:54 AM »
240 - seriously, you need to apply for a refund for your MBA if you dont understand this and what is occuring in these states. 

I'm not kidding, what the hell do they cover in 2 years in MBA school?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »
Again dude, you atack me and my education, and you refuse to answer the Qs I have laid forth.

Do you disagree with the NY Times? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2010, 10:40:33 AM »
So, would you blame Christie for the mess NJ is in as a result of the same thing?  

240 - even for you, this thread is a joke.  This is almost back to the palin baby CT's you tried to foist on us.  

aren't you the one who blames Obama for the accumulated woes of the past 30 years?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2010, 10:42:27 AM »
aren't you the one who blames Obama for the accumulated woes of the past 30 years?

I blame him for the garbage he had added to the mess, not what was accumulated to the date he came to office. 

For 240 to claim to both have an MBA and be a libertarian and not understand this is really sad. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2010, 10:43:17 AM »
YES OR NO, 333386?

Stop fuuucking insulting ME, and start answering the threads' questions.  What is it with you?  Is this ratio relevant, or not?  YES OR NO?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 10:48:30 AM »
YES OR NO, 333386?

Stop fuuucking insulting ME, and start answering the threads' questions.  What is it with you?  Is this ratio relevant, or not?  YES OR NO?

No its not, since unless you wanted her to cancel all those employees' pensions, which by law she probably cant do, this entire thread is based on a false premise. 

The unfunded liabilities to alaska were generate from employees' pensions that we employed and hired well prior to her election.  Is this so hard for you to grasp?  I'm not trying to be insulting, its just shocking to me that someone like yourself cant discern the fact that the figures being reported is something every state faces as a result of decades of public employees being unionized.  This has nothing to do with her. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 10:51:14 AM »
YES OR NO, 333386?

No its not, since unless you wanted her to cancel all those employees' pensions, which by law she probably cant do, this entire thread is based on a false premise.  

The unfunded liabilities to alaska were generate from employees' pensions that we employed and hired well prior to her election.  Is this so hard for you to grasp?  I'm not trying to be insulting, its just shocking to me that someone like yourself cant discern the fact that the figures being reported is something every state faces as a result of decades of public employees being unionized.  This has nothing to do with her.  

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »
YES OR NO, 333386?

I really wish he would just answer the questions instead of obfuscation via personal attacks.
I Love The True Adon