Author Topic: found out another good friend is NOT a CHRISTIAN!!!!  (Read 64146 times)

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
Re: found out another good friend is NOT a CHRISTIAN!!!!
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2010, 09:38:43 AM »
There are many organisms that do not require Sperm or an Egg whatsoever. Ever heard of Asexual Reproduction?  Have you heard of little things called Self Replicating Bacteria and Viruses for one or plants that are able to pollinate themselves?

How about these: New-Mexican Whip-Tail Lizards
The asexual, all-female whiptail species Cnemidophorus neomexicanus (center), which reproduces via parthenogenesis, no male required, no male sperm needed whatsoever.

i didn't ask you about asexual reproduction. 

you dodged my question without answering it.  waiting for your explanation. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2010, 09:40:10 AM »
Really, there are thousands of archeological findings that coincide with what is found in the Bible. 

like what?

are you talking about supernatural disprove evolution findings, or stuff on historical places and such? clarify.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
Really, there are thousands of archeological findings that coincide with what is found in the Bible. 

If Bible were true, there should still be a garden of Eden, protected by a swinging flaming sword on the only path to it.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2010, 10:03:48 AM »
If Bible were true, there should still be a garden of Eden, protected by a swinging flaming sword on the only path to it.

hahahaha so true

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2010, 10:05:01 AM »
LOL. Without Google, you couldn't name 3,21. Who are you kidding, Coach?   ;)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »
LOL. Without Google, you couldn't name 3,21. Who are you kidding, Coach?   ;)

HAHAHA...becareful Dr.Chimps or Coach will come back and try to talk down to you because you haven't done anything in life like he has.  You're just a know it all who needs to move out of his parents basement, get job, make a living, pay taxes, vote republican,yada, yada, yada.... ::)

and if you're realy lucky he'll threaten to smack you around, like Tbombz, just for questioning his "beliefs"...actually that sounds exactly like how "christians" act.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2010, 10:31:06 AM »
why does everything but god need a creator, your logic doesn't follow aka non sequitor. If energy is neither created nor destroyed that would imply it always existed, a beginning is not needed and is perhaps a fallacy of our restricted perceptions. Something can come from nothing by the way, this has been proven. I find the deeper i delve into science the more obvious it is that everything is random and no intelligence is needed. Placing god at the start of your chain with no reason why he doesn't need a creator himself adds more to the question, you place a hypercomplex being at the start before even the simplest thing existed.
aha! good post  :)

Now iI cant really argue too much with you, but I can tell you that you are probably a pantheist. Nature is your God, since nature is forever(to you).

But there are problems with pantheism..  can space, time, and matter all be infinite? if they arent infinite, then what is "outside" of those?

Also... all of science is based upon matter. but matter itself doesnt even make sense. matter, by definition is SOLID and infinitely divisible.  neither of those make any sense, do they? can you cancieve of an object that is infinitely divisible? what starts to happen as you "approach" infinite (i know using "approach infinite" is a fallacy but you know what i mean)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2010, 01:30:25 PM »
aha! good post  :)

Now iI cant really argue too much with you, but I can tell you that you are probably a pantheist. Nature is your God, since nature is forever(to you).

But there are problems with pantheism..  can space, time, and matter all be infinite? if they arent infinite, then what is "outside" of those?

Also... all of science is based upon matter. but matter itself doesnt even make sense. matter, by definition is SOLID and infinitely divisible.  neither of those make any sense, do they? can you cancieve of an object that is infinitely divisible? what starts to happen as you "approach" infinite (i know using "approach infinite" is a fallacy but you know what i mean)

well actually infinites don't exist and are non sensical, they exist in mathematics for the purpose of equations and balancing, not so in real life.

"But there are problems with pantheism..  can space, time, and matter all be infinite? if they arent infinite, then what is "outside" of those?"

not a pantheist, but if you say that matter for example cannot be infinite, then the thing outside matter cannot be either using your logic. This leaves us with an infinite regress of what is outside that? which is nonsensical.

Science is based on reality, there is no such thing as something immaterial. The material world is all that exists as we know it.

I am an atheist, weak atheist.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:49 PM »
well actually infinites don't exist and are non sensical, they exist in mathematics for the purpose of equations and balancing, not so in real life.

"But there are problems with pantheism..  can space, time, and matter all be infinite? if they arent infinite, then what is "outside" of those?"

not a pantheist, but if you say that matter for example cannot be infinite, then the thing outside matter cannot be either using your logic. This leaves us with an infinite regress of what is outside that? which is nonsensical.

Science is based on reality, there is no such thing as something immaterial. The material world is all that exists as we know it.

I am an atheist, weak atheist.

first you say infinite's dont exist.

then you say it would be non-sensical to say that matter can not be infinite.

either infinite's do not exist, and space/time/matter are all finite. OR, infinites do exist..

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
first you say infinite's dont exist.

then you say it would be non-sensical to say that matter can not be infinite.

either infinite's do not exist, and space/time/matter are all finite. OR, infinites do exist..

no im saying your argument is non sensical either way you put it. Infinites dont exist and if they did your analogy is flawed in that, what is outside the universe would have to have something outside it and so on.

My statements are not mutually exclusive and i clearly state in the second phrase that i am responding to your argument. Even if they did exist, i just wanted to show you that the argument is self defeating.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2010, 03:46:51 PM »
no  im saying your argument is non sensical either way you put it. Infinites dont exist and if they did your analogy is flawed in that, what is outside the universe would have to have something outside it and so on.

My statements are not mutually exclusive and i clearly state in the second phrase that i am responding to your argument. Even if they did exist, i just wanted to show you that the argument is self defeating.

infinites dont exist. so space and time are finite? be careful..   :)

There would have to be something outside of God? well, the concept of God... an eternal, infinite, supremely good being.. If you accept his existence, then there is no need for something outside of God.

If you accept Space and Time as infinite and eternal, then theres no need for anything outside of them.

If space and time are not eternal and infinite, I see even more necessity for Gods existence.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2010, 03:51:50 PM »
HAHAHA...becareful Dr.Chimps or Coach will come back and try to talk down to you because you haven't done anything in life like he has.  You're just a know it all who needs to move out of his parents basement, get job, make a living, pay taxes, vote republican,yada, yada, yada.... ::)

and if you're realy lucky he'll threaten to smack you around, like Tbombz, just for questioning his "beliefs"...actually that sounds exactly like how "christians" act.
i have threatened someone because they questioned my 'belief'?

i welcome those with questions.. hopefully i can give some answers  :)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2010, 04:00:48 PM »
theres a prevelant view in society that if its possible for science to explain existence in mechanical terms, step by step, logical development of everything that exists within the laws of physics.... that somehow because everything is knowable about this physical world, it means that God is no longer necessary.

By definition, this physical world we live in is completely explainable through science/observation.

Humans are not the proof of God, existence is the proof of God...

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2010, 04:04:33 PM »
you just contradicted yourself within the same text, you have lost your posting privileges for one week, starting tomorrow.

didnt contradict myself at all "necrosis" stop beig obstuse, your shaming both yourslef and your family.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
didnt contradict myself at all "necrosis" stop beig obstuse, your shaming both yourslef and your family.

LOL

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2010, 06:54:56 PM »
infinites dont exist. so space and time are finite? be careful..   :)

There would have to be something outside of God? well, the concept of God... an eternal, infinite, supremely good being.. If you accept his existence, then there is no need for something outside of God.

If you accept Space and Time as infinite and eternal, then theres no need for anything outside of them.

If space and time are not eternal and infinite, I see even more necessity for Gods existence.

energy could very well be eternal, eternal is referring to time, infinite refers to size different dimensions. There is no reason space cannot be finite, why would you think there is? in cosmology it is known based on mathematics that the universe is expanding into nothing, by definition the universe is all that exists.

"There would have to be something outside of God? well, the concept of God... an eternal, infinite, supremely good being.. If you accept his existence, then there is no need for something outside of God. "

well an sentient being living in eternity makes no sense, how could he act? action is a temporal term. If he is infinite then he is not whole, its obvious he is not supremely good.

I also dont accept your definiton of god, you have to prove these qualities based on axioms, that some super powerful sentient being lives outside the universe, in eternity creating everything. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed as you put it, hence it always was. You somehow misconstrued this to ask the question who created the thing that cannot be created ie energy?

There is no good reason to believe in god, and no good argument either. However, there are numerous good arguments against.

also based on quantum mechanics something can come from nothing, further lessening gods need.

We know that things tend to get more complex as we go along, so what you guys are prosposing is the exact opposite, before even the simplest thing there was the most complex thing ever ie god, it again is non sensical

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
The Christian religion single handedly has suppressed the evolution of man...Killing hundreds of thousands of very intelligent human minds all through out the dark ages and beyond...If the Roman Empire never fell. And Christianity was never born. We would probably have many humans living on Mars and/or other planets right now...That religion really did a lot of damage in suppressing/killing the scientific mind...

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »

Ecclesiastes 11:5

END of thread!

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2010, 01:22:55 AM »
The bible does recount factual events that happened in history....However, how those events were depicted were very one sided with no other views offered nor excepted....If you grew up on a remote island with no understanding of Christianity, will you still be judged by a God you have never known nor considered????
You Can't Do It!!!

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2010, 02:19:59 AM »
A god is very real I imagine. But most likely it's something we can't comprehend.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2010, 04:37:03 AM »
The bible does recount factual events that happened in history....However, how those events were depicted were very one sided with no other views offered nor excepted....If you grew up on a remote island with no understanding of Christianity, will you still be judged by a God you have never known nor considered????

Romans 1:20

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2010, 07:13:06 AM »
Christianity is on it's way out...

time + science = Crushing the christian faith, and all other religions too

the only way someone can believe this shit is to never question it

Science = FAILED !
I am a mini beast

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2010, 07:18:53 AM »

The historical accuracy of the bible and the supernatural claims of the bible are two entirely different beasts.