Author Topic: Is Mosaic Law essentially Shariah Law?  (Read 18322 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Is Mosaic Law essentially Shariah Law?
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »
See, any sensible person reading your posts would agree... you are just as warped and divorced from reality as the Taliban you aspire to live like..

The Luke

"Any sensible person" = another atheist skeptic....This coming from someone, looking for excuses to justify stealing, lying, and now adultery......WHATEVER!!!

The simple fact is that your claims about my aspiring to live like the Taliban are as mind-numbingly stupid, as most of the mess you've posted here to date.

And, the last person that needs to be highlighting a comment about "selective reading/comprehension" is YOU. You will recall that YOU are the one, who LIED, by claiming that rape victims (per Biblical law) were to be executed by citing Deu. 22:23-24, WHILE INTENTIONALLY OMITTING verse 25, which states that such is not true.

The most glaring difference between Shariah law and Mosaic law (at least, in terms of sexual impropriety) is that in the former, the woman is presumed GUILTY; in the latter, she is presumed INNOCENT.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 08:53:27 AM »
"Any sensible person" = another atheist skeptic....WHATEVER!!!

Interesting that it appears you are attempting to attach a negative connotation to one being a skeptic. There is nothing negative about questioning the way in which we perceive the world in order to acquire a better understanding of ourselves and our surroundings. The converse could be said of those who merely accept things for what they are, without asking 'why' things are the way they are.

Human advancements have been made only through people being skeptical of the status quo and seeking new explanations for that which they wish to understand more comprehensively.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »
Interesting that it appears you are attempting to attach a negative connotation to one being a skeptic. There is nothing negative about questioning the way in which we perceive the world in order to acquire a better understanding of ourselves and our surroundings.

Not really!! I simply recognize that as Luke's feeble attempt to solicit support for his flimsy musings. I'm sure that he doesn't think that Loco or STella are sensible, when they agree with my postings.

The converse could be said of those who merely accept things for what they are, without asking 'why' things are the way they are.

I agree. That's why I study these issues for myself. That's how I've found that a number of religious practices have no basis in Scripture. And, it's also how I've found that a large amount of accusations about Scripture are false (as I've shown here and elsewhere).

A prime example is one, in which Luke and others have dropped the ball repeatedly: The Nativity of Jesus Christ.

Falsehoods/inconclusive items include (but aren't limited, too):

- Exactly three wise men finding Jesus.

- Wise men and shepherds, seeing Him simultaneously or immediately after each other.

- Christ being born Dec. 25.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
I agree. That's why I study these issues for myself. That's how I've found that a number of religious practices have no basis in Scripture. And, it's also how I've found that a large amount of accusations about Scripture are false (as I've shown here and elsewhere).

Good for you MCWAY. It's good to see someone who can justify their beliefs through gained knowledge and not through mere indoctrination and cultural bias. I will admit, that you definitely know your scripture.

I still don't agree with your religious beliefs, or like the way you come across on the boards sometimes (it's hard to tell someone's demeanor on a message board though ), but I definitely respect your biblical knowledge and the personal integrity you appear to have in these matters.