Author Topic: Stop the bullying, oh brother  (Read 3812 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Stop the bullying, oh brother
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »
There is a big difference. teasing is a rite of passage, bullying is a bit different.

When my child was 4 there was a 7 year old boy who lived across the street who used to torment her and push her around. Now I'm all for sticking up for yourself but seriously, how can a little girl defend herself against a boy who is twice her size ?  it was just wrong IMO and i told the kids father to teach his kid some manners or me and him were going to have a problem.

Cue  Uberman's lengthy ,off-base, hyper-critical dimestore psychoanalysis of my life  ::)
lol you seem to live in fear of my comments.

In fact i'd say that if you know who are the stupid kids -and as a result the stupid parents- you should prevent your kid from being in contact with em. Now i know it's esaier said than done, especially in the neighborhood or at school. But you have the responsability to keep your kids away from these potentially dangerous individuals at all costs. You have to raise your children so they can identify and deal with them by themselves, when you re not there to protect em.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:21 PM »
It's very sad how some people accept bullying. And what do they do when they get pushed around by a gang of people? Call the police? Oh yeah...
Bullies primarily exist because people except the situation. It's basically a power issue...hell, the rich bully the poor and middle class, the government bullies the poor and middle class, but use the rich as their "bully whip" to do so.

I wouldn't say I accept bullying, bullying is a result of people who don't take a stand against others. It's a issues that comes out of us being social animals, and it serves a purpose, you can't get rid of it.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
Sorry, Parker, but I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Some torment is expected, and most children that have a certain amount of resiliency can get by. However, when teasing gets to the point of bullying and harassment, intervention needs to happen. No child should have to be tormented in that manner. You might be speaking a whole different tune if your kid was getting harassed at school.
exactly, it's all a matter of balance. If your kid is getting teased teach him how to get over it avoid/ignore it. But If your kid is literaly getting tortured mentaly or physically several hours a day 5 days a week obviously it will have a toll on his psychological development and well being.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 06:35:24 PM »
 When I was in 3rd some 5th grader bullied me for a while. Then one day I got a few of my friends together and we just jumped him and whooped his ass, stomped his face and humiliated him and all that, it was great.

After that, him and all his freinds stopped messing with us. They knew we might catch them alone somewhere.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »
exactly, it's all a matter of balance. If your kid is getting teased teach him how to get over it avoid/ignore it. But If your kid is literaly getting tortured mentaly or physically several hours a day 5 days a week obviously it will have a toll on his psychological development and well being.

And when the last sentence happens this is the result: "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 06:38:04 PM »
I was bullied in school from my 8th grade year thru my Junior year. It made me a very very angry person inside and it was the main reason I started lifting weights. I thought if I got bigger then them I wouldnt get bullied no more. I trained my ass off and used all that built up aggression as my motive to train. The first 5 yrs I trained it was outta anger. And the firsttime I ran into my biggest bully it made me feel great seeing the look he gave me hahahah!!! I actually thanked him for kicking my ass around if not forthem I prolly never would of touched a weight.

BUT...... Today is totally different then 20 yrs ago!!! Kids have access to shit to make it alot more personal!!! And some kids can just flatout be dirty about it. The daily shoving into a locker, smacked around a lil in gym class, or just made fun of has been brought 21st century where when youre fucked with it gets videoed and put on youtube for everyone to see you get ridiculed or beat down or smacked around. Next thing you know everyone sees it and then no matter where you go there is no getting away from it. Texts, emails, IMs etc etc its nonstop 24/7 no wonder kids go ape shit and kill themselves or go on a shootn rampage!!!  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »

Exactly, this is what I was getting at. I agree that children have their own world, and we all get teased. But when this teasing leads to physical or mental abuse, intervention needs to happen. There has been a substantial amount of literature that has correlated bullying/harassment with psychological problems. To ignore such issues is ridiculous. No kid should have to go home from school with black and blues every day. And some kids do defend themselves, but when you have 5 bullies jumping you at one time, not much you can do.
X

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 06:47:08 PM »
The problem is when parents get involved, the shit gets worse.

If it gets worse, the punishments should get worse.

Because the kids view you especially if you are a boy, and even more so if you are black boy, as a punk. Just as adults have their world, so do kids have theirs...

It shouldn't be a different world. Now kids learn that there aren't any consiquences and they think they can do what they want when the adults accept the violence (got the adults by the balls).

In high school my mom told me a way to handle it, and calling someone names that are SAT words doesn't really cut it. One has to face one's tormentor, thru-out history people have confrontations, and children are no different. How you handle it, sets the tone on how you handle other things and life. The strong survive, period. I do think it is wrong to bully and pick on others because they are weaker, but just because it is wrong, doesn't mean it does not have it's place.

No, strong don't survive. The middle guys survive when the strong and the weak kills each other.

To try and create a environment where there is no bullying, no teasing, is impssible. And it helps to create or foster even more fragile children and adults. What happens when they do meet that adversary, how will they respond? Will it be flight or flight---most likely flight.

It's only impossible because we don't care. And bullying creates fragile people. Flight option is most often the best option.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 06:57:39 PM »
You guys bullied poor Squadfather so bad he changed his name and then dissapeared.

Bless his heart he really took a beating from you guys until he finally ran away!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 07:19:34 PM »
What comes around goes around.

Always.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 07:22:24 PM »
You guys bullied poor Squadfather so bad he changed his name and then dissapeared.

Bless his heart he really took a beating from you guys until he finally ran away!
X2 Lot's of hypocrits here.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
impossible to stop bullying, if your kid knows how to stand up for themselves, the bully will just find another victim

heck a lot of bullies don't even realize they are bullies, they believe they are "friends" with their victims or their victims "deserve it"

E
E

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 07:44:56 PM »
lol you seem to live in fear of my comments.

In fact i'd say that if you know who are the stupid kids -and as a result the stupid parents- you should prevent your kid from being in contact with em. Now i know it's esaier said than done, especially in the neighborhood or at school. But you have the responsability to keep your kids away from these potentially dangerous individuals at all costs. You have to raise your children so they can identify and deal with them by themselves, when you re not there to protect em.

Fear  ::)....you are a funny one, I'll give you that. Predictable more like it.

I agree with you and i do my best. but kids will be kids and it's unavoidable that some bad shit is going to come your child's way.

If this kid was her age and just being a little ass i would have told my daughter to handle her business, but he was twice her size, age and a mean little fuck, so i stepped in. As any good parent would.

To his credit the father apparently said something...because that was the end of it.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 02:17:17 AM »
Bullying is often done by kids that have unresolved issues themselves. Being bullied is not a test! Some kids do stand up, throw a punch, and end up getting smacked around for years. There is no correlation between getting bullied and building character. I was bullied for a couple of months, way back when I was 13. In retrospect I think it was probably one of the least defining events in my childhood: unpleasant yes, character-forming, no.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 07:31:01 AM »
I grew up with two older brothers and a half-crazy dad in a small town.....bullying me was not an option.

io856

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 07:52:36 AM »
Bullies have created some of the most successful people in the world. The straight pussies in life are the ones that let bullies get to them rather than doing something proactive about them....
Where do the bullies end up?

In trailer parks fucking ugly fat broads posting on the internet about their ownings at the supermarket or gym in their forties  :D

ring a bell?

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 08:49:07 AM »
I grew up with two older brothers and a half-crazy dad in a small town.....bullying me was not an option.

And I don't think you are any more of a pussy than anyone else even if no-one bullied you...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2010, 08:57:40 AM »
And I don't think you are any more of a pussy than anyone else even if no-one bullied you...

Thank you Klaus.....your aren't so pussified yourself there stud.

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2010, 09:16:26 AM »
I had a boy (much smaller than me) that always wanted to arm wrestle ::) in high school after he got on roids and thought he was a badass. I've always been naturally large and strong but never aggressive and felt I had anything to prove. He started teasing me about "all show and no go"  and got up in my face at a party one night while he was drunk. I broke that lil shit's nose and blackened his eye with one good punch..
Well 10 years later I still remember that so I guess that's the only example i have of ever being bullied ???

I seldomly see that guy and I speak to him and smile ;D HA HA

Bullys don't always pick on the smallest or weakest guys....

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2010, 11:33:17 AM »
I bullied kids, was bullied myself and defended other kids from being bullied.

It's part of growing up. The problem today is that the technology kids have access to allows bullies to take shit to the absolute extreme. Many children are now growing up in a quasi electronic universe constantly text messaging one another, checking their facebook status every 5 minutes, sending out mass emails and posting shit on message boards. Plus the parents don't stay on top of this stuff as much as they used to either. The pussification argument some of you have made is completely accurate. Also, consider this-- If a kid being bullied is encouraged to fight back by his parents and he beats up the kid bullying him ( not shooting him, or burning him, or taking it way too far) what would probably happen? The kids parents would probably have to answer to the school, the bullies parents, etc. It's almost as if now raising children in this country has become a grotesque exercise in turning your offspring into a bunch of thin skinned pussies. Words hurt! Tell an adult! Use talking instead of action!  ::)

Bullying is an issue, but I think it is being made into a much bigger problem than it should be. Kids need to toughen up, the parents need to pay closer attention to what's going on and there needs to be a push for kids to start acting more like kids instead of socially inept internet dweebs.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2010, 12:24:05 PM »
I bullied kids, was bullied myself and defended other kids from being bullied.

It's part of growing up. The problem today is that the technology kids have access to allows bullies to take shit to the absolute extreme. Many children are now growing up in a quasi electronic universe constantly text messaging one another, checking their facebook status every 5 minutes, sending out mass emails and posting shit on message boards. Plus the parents don't stay on top of this stuff as much as they used to either. The pussification argument some of you have made is completely accurate. Also, consider this-- If a kid being bullied is encouraged to fight back by his parents and he beats up the kid bullying him ( not shooting him, or burning him, or taking it way too far) what would probably happen? The kids parents would probably have to answer to the school, the bullies parents, etc. It's almost as if now raising children in this country has become a grotesque exercise in turning your offspring into a bunch of thin skinned pussies. Words hurt! Tell an adult! Use talking instead of action!  ::)

Bullying is an issue, but I think it is being made into a much bigger problem than it should be. Kids need to toughen up, the parents need to pay closer attention to what's going on and there needs to be a push for kids to start acting more like kids instead of socially inept internet dweebs.

Yup....In my home I have a 6:00 pm technology cutoff. No Nintendo, No Wii, No Texting, No computer...she does her home work, we eat and then we actually DO stuff....like in the olden days (90's).  i don't want my kid's whole life to revolve around virtual bullshit.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 02:25:39 PM »
It sucks but yeah.. competition is a part of growing up..
bullying is "competition " ? WTF have you been smokin son ???