Author Topic: There Is No Such Thing As "Excess Calories," Only Un-Unitilized Macronutrients  (Read 5533 times)

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
Don't you realize I was trying to make fun of you too and show how you were contradicting yourself?  ;)

1. Can't you realize that by controlling your macronutrient intake, you're also controlling your calorie intake? As you said calories come from macronutrients. Since you recommend such little food intake for muscle building, you're basically keeping a calorie controled diet too.
2. What about people that eat some of your "forbidden" foods at not optimal times as you say, but stay lean?
You will say they have an increased metabolic rate or a better macronutrient utilization right? Which basically throws your absolute "theory" out of the window since it shows dieting is really individual.

I never once contradicted myself. If it seems like that to you, then it is a direct function of your low level reading comprehension.

1) Obviously macronutrient regulation synergistically effects calorie consumption. My point is that the claim of "excess calories are the primary factor in fat gains" is untrue, it is unutilized macronutrients stored as fat.
2) My "theory" is based off of countless peer reviewed studies and six years of higher level education at both an undergraduate and post-graduate level. Some people have a greater tendency to fat storage, some a greater tendency toward nutrient utilization but ultimately, our physiology is very similar and the same guidelines apply to almost everyone.

You clearly are unable to understand the very simplistic foundation of human nutrition that I have laid out in my posts. I suggest saving my posts on your computer and then attending an undergraduate program in either Dietics and Nutrition or Exercise Science. Upon earning your Bachelor's, you can reread my posts with the academic competency to understand the concepts within.

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
There is an infinite amount of times when excess macronutrients cannot be utilized and will be stored as fat, It is important to understand that during any time of food consumption, macronutrient intake beyond the individual's utilization abilities will catalyze the body's lipid storage process. There are a few key times, though, that are directly related to a bodybuilder's diet that I will mention.

1. Immediate post-workout nutrition for the natural bodybuilder in which protein intake exceeds 10-20 grams and carbohydrate intake exceeds 30-40 grams.
2. A natural bodybuilder that consumes more than 1 gram of protein per 3-4lbs of bodyweight.
3. A natural bodybuilder consuming more than ~35 grams of carbohydrates less than 3 hours before going to sleep.

i am natural and on a cut...i eat 2000-2200 cals/day

i eat 600 of those calories within 4 hours of going to bed...and the other 500 an hour before bed

i workout at night...the whole carbs before bed doesn't fucking matter when in a deficit

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
1) Obviously macronutrient regulation synergistically effects calorie consumption. My point is that the claim of "excess calories are the primary factor in fat gains" is untrue, it is unutilized macronutrients stored as fat.

Unutilized macronutrients = unutilized calories.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
I read the first post and don't understand what the point is.
If you eat too much, you'll get fat.

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
i am natural and on a cut...i eat 2000-2200 cals/day

i eat 600 of those calories within 4 hours of going to bed...and the other 500 an hour before bed

i workout at night...the whole carbs before bed doesn't fucking matter when in a deficit

Its not the calories one eats before they go to sleep, its which macronutrients those calories are coming from. You stated that you workout at night, thus your carbohydrate utilization at that time is different from someone who works out in the morning. Perhaps you do not understand the role that carbohydrates play in the human body. I suggest picking up an Intro to Human Nutrition textbook and reading the chapter on macronutrients before posting again.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
I read the first post and don't understand what the point is.
If you eat too much, you'll get fat.

i'm 100% sure this guy is either  :
a) a gimmick
b) a retard
c) both
175lbs by 31st July

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
Its not the calories one eats before they go to sleep, its which macronutrients those calories are coming from. You stated that you workout at night, thus your carbohydrate utilization at that time is different from someone who works out in the morning. Perhaps you do not understand the role that carbohydrates play in the human body. I suggest picking up an Intro to Human Nutrition textbook and reading the chapter on macronutrients before posting again.

1 hour before bed:

12oz skim w/ chocolate syrup
1 heaping scoop whey concentrate
12oz apple or orange juice
couple pieces of dark chocolate

and i suggest you take a look at my bodyfat and weight reduction every week
before telling me to read a book

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
1 hour before bed:

12oz skim w/ chocolate syrup
1 heaping scoop whey concentrate
12oz apple or orange juice
couple pieces of dark chocolate

and i suggest you take a look at my bodyfat and weight reduction every week
before telling me to read a book

Yet another uneducated internet forum warrior compensating for their lack of credentials by trying to argue with facts.

Let me try to dumb this down for you as much as possible. The average person that does not work out at night cannot utilize more than ~35g carbohydrates within 3 hours of sleep without excess lipid storage. You work out at night, thus your carbohydrate utilization is radically different from the typical example as a result of post-workout anabolism. It is clear to me that you do not understand the role that carbohydrates play in the human body. I suggest doing some simple research on human nutrition to develop a better understanding of the purpose of carbohydrates.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
i'm 100% sure this guy is either  :
a) a gimmick
b) a retard
c) both

a) a tbombz gimmick
b) a retard, tbombz same same
c) homosexual, tbombz same same
twinkie jail butt aids spreading bottom boy, tbombz all homos same same

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
All I really want in life is to get laid steadily.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
You had me at Un-Unitilized, Jeremy Bentham.

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Why would I want to store roughly 4,000 calories per day as fat?

Before you embarass yourself, you should go through my post history because in a few previous posts I list my credentials. To save you the time, though, I'll let you know that I hold a Masters in Exercise Science and 2 Nationally Recognized PT Certifications (including the CSCS). Rather than posting eye-rolling emoticons, you're going to need 6+ years of higher level education for me to take you seriously.

if you were so educated, why would you post this rubbish? ..ill see you and raise you a bachelors degree. so far all of your posts have been mediocre at best and also let me tell you that any PT cert is hardly worth citing as a "credential". makes me wonder what your "masters" really is when you mention the PT certs alongside it...

oh, and 6 years study...you must mean part time. please dont try to big up yourself. you come off looking like an idiot.

hope this helps.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
if you were so educated, why would you post this rubbish? ..ill see you and raise you a bachelors degree. so far all of your posts have been mediocre at best and also let me tell you that any PT cert is hardly worth citing as a "credential". makes me wonder what your "masters" really is when you mention the PT certs alongside it...

oh, and 6 years study...you must mean part time. please dont try to big up yourself. you come off looking like an idiot.

hope this helps.

not to side with the gimmick but you do realise a masters is higher than a bachelors ?

he is an idiot though  ;D

and he may mean he is a master-bator.
175lbs by 31st July

HugeRipped

• Time Out
  • Getbig II

hope this helps.

I don't think you understand what a Master's degree requires. I agree most personal training certifications are a joke, however, none of the ones that I hold are. I suggest you look into the requirements for the CSCS and just how well respected that certification is in the fitness industry.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
I don't think you understand what a Master's degree requires. I agree most personal training certifications are a joke, however, none of the ones that I hold are. I suggest you look into the requirements for the CSCS and just how well respected that certification is in the fitness industry.

HR,

Slightly off topic, but...

What is your take on the leg extension? Worth doing for anyone ( athlete, bodybuilder, novice lifter , etc.) or ditch it for a "Better bang for your buck" exercise?

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Consider this, a natural 200lb bodybuilder who engages in heavy and intense resistance training 4 days per week needs 1gram of protein per 3-4pounds of bodyweight. This averages about 57 grams per day which will provide 228 calories per day from protein alone. Most people, tricked by supplement company and diet plan scammers would believe that this man needs 3,000 or more calories per day to build muscle when in reality he does not need more than 1500-2000.

No bodybuilder at 200 lbs is going to put on muscle consuming 1500 calories per day.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
i hate to ruin this for everyone but, hugeripped is kiwiol's gimmick to mock supposed guru's who look like they dont train..

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
Listen up peoples me man HugeRipped iz tryna tell youz about how to get muscle and dem thingz.  He iz massive ripped aight.
I Love The True Adon

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
You had me at Un-Unitilized, Jeremy Bentham.
LOL. Penopticon!    ;D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Falcon approved.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
a) a tbombz gimmick
b) a retard, tbombz same same
c) homosexual, tbombz same same
twinkie jail butt aids spreading bottom boy, tbombz all homos same same

why would it be my gimmick? lmao you arent the sharpest tool in the shed..

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
Falcon approved.

jonny looking good with his jay cutler hairdo !
175lbs by 31st July

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
During the week when I'm much more busy it's hard to make time to sit down and eat. I'd really like to just eat one meal a day prefereably just before sleeping because eating it relaxes me. I need about 3000 calories a day just to maintain my approximate 190lbs of bodyweight. I'm a very simple person so I don't understand how this nutritional timing works. What would happen if right before bed I down a 60 gram shake of whey isolate (240 calories) and a half of gallon of chocolate icre cream (2,280 calories) and it's my one and only meal per day?

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
jonny looking good with his jay cutler hairdo !

Is that current? Is the Falcon ever going to make a return here?

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
HugeRipped, do you have any photos of people who have followed your advice? Any photos of your ripped self?

If not, shut your fucking mouth!