Author Topic: Viper vs Corvette Z06...  (Read 10685 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Viper vs Corvette Z06...
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2010, 07:24:14 PM »
I remember the 1st gen's and R/T's ton of torque but not great around corners.. two of my friends had Viper's so I've gotten to take a few turns driving them, their loud as hell too.

THATS THE POINT!!!....its suppose to be loud..

bench

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2010, 07:28:18 PM »
what are the lazy ass mods doing...?  this no bbing content crap should be on the general board...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 07:29:21 PM »
what are the lazy ass mods doing...?  this no bbing content crap should be on the general board...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
shut up.......  ;D

bench

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 07:38:33 PM »
I remember the 1st gen's and R/T's ton of torque but not great around corners.. two of my friends had Viper's so I've gotten to take a few turns driving them, their loud as hell too.

They are loud if they have aftermarket catback exhaust and hi flow cats or no cats. A stock Viper actually sounds like crap. Something about the way the 10 cylinders fire only allows you to here 5 firing. Bench may know how to explain it better than me, I know the ones I have listened to with no aftermarket exhaust though sounded pretty muffled, a mix of a V8 and a 4 cylinder Ricer, really weird.

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »
To a true enthusiast the Z06 is so much more of a complete car.The Viper is a dinosaur with cartoonish looks.

For me picking a winner between these two is a no brainer. The Z06 is a perfect mix of tweaked-out naturally aspirated mouse motor. The Viper is low-tech by comparison and less user friendly.

The Z06 is far more of an engineering marvel than the Dodge.....and at least GM makes a half-ass effort w/Z06 interior unlike Dodge......

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 07:55:32 PM »
To a true enthusiast the Z06 is so much more of a complete car.The Viper is a dinosaur with cartoonish looks.

For me picking a winner between these two is a no brainer. The Z06 is a perfect mix of tweaked-out naturally aspirated mouse motor. The Viper is low-tech by comparison and less user friendly.

The Z06 is far more of an engineering marvel than the Dodge.....and at least GM makes a half-ass effort w/Z06 interior unlike Dodge......

Spoken like a true Vette homer................... ...................I'm a Viper homer though, so whatever. But you can't deny the coolness of this bad boy

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »
I remember going to the LA Auto Show in 93 or 94 when they debut the Viper.  They were only $53,000 then.  Came so close to getting one.  The biggest thing I hated was the no A/C.  I have to have A/C.  The guy told me they were going to have it in the next year I think.  Also, something about the windows,  I don't they had roll down windows.  I can't remember.  But I do remember the price almost doubled the next year or something like that.
No Worries 4 me

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »
you would never have the chance to cut in front of me on my bikes in a race...

bench

Don't kid yourself. Don't forget that I see you coming up from the rear long before you even know I'm there.

Now, on a side by side, of course not. I could have 1000 RWHP (unmanageable) and I still wouldnt keep up. I've been travelling these highways for way too long for you to underestimate me.

Just because you have "fast" does not mean you have "smart"...

I'm gonna bow out of this one. I've already said this Z will be the death of me. It's my third one and it's not getting any slower. I try to use control when I'm out on the road, but as a DD, I am in it all the time, and there is always the little baby who wants to play.

What do I do? I can bite it, and back the fuck out... or, I can tear you a new asshole.

More often than not, the fast bikes end up giving me the thumbs up for all the challenge and fun I provide for them. Coming out ahead is not always easy for them... especially in 'certain' road conditions.

In the end, you know the bike will always win, no matter how stupid the driver.

You guys be careful. I've walked away from more accidents that you will be ever be involved in. I am not proud of that... I just have a big-ass-juiced up Guardian Angel.

Be coo.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 11:35:52 PM »
shut up.......  ;D

bench
And he owned (or still does) a first gen Viper...

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2010, 09:16:10 AM »
the 03-04 cobra is awesome....this is my 3rd one....it has a single 88mm turbo...with heads that i ported myself, and mph cams......

this is my second supra....i got it cheap as hell due to a theft salvage.....it ran a 9.14 at over 155mph last month.....the car+the mods+the work= less than $12,000...i am about to have it painted a really badass orange, and get some rims....i have just been driving it on slicks, and skinnies...

bench

oh my fucking god....you are a fucker...living my dream

88mm is huge...had it on the dyno? what color? my fav is the sonic blue but i like all the colors

12k for a 9 sec supra? you are really a fucker....i mean that in a good way

No Patience

• Getbig IV
  • adaptation is the creator of evolution
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »
supra vs lambo

turbo 03 cobra

sick twin turbo saleen

Z06 sounding fucking good

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 12:16:33 PM »

Don't kid yourself. Don't forget that I see you coming up from the rear long before you even know I'm there.

Now, on a side by side, of course not. I could have 1000 RWHP (unmanageable) and I still wouldnt keep up. I've been travelling these highways for way too long for you to underestimate me.

I'm gonna bow out of this one. I've already said this Z will be the death of me. It's my third one and it's not getting any slower. I try to use control when I'm out on the road, but as a DD, I am in it all the time, and there is always the little baby who wants to play.

What do I do? I can bite it, and back the fuck out... or, I can tear you a new asshole.

More often than not, the fast bikes end up giving me the thumbs up for all the challenge and fun I provide for them. Coming out ahead is not always easy for them... especially in 'certain' road conditions.

You guys be careful. I've walked away from more accidents that you will be ever be involved in. I am not proud of that... I just have a big-ass-juiced up Guardian Angel.

Be coo.
bro...i have had a 1000rwhp vette....i have had a 1000rwhp cobra(still do)......aand i still have a 1000rwhp supra........my bike walks all of them.....its not even close...

but that being said i also believe that 98% of sportbike riders have no idea what the hell they are doing except...."going really fast".......

bench

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »
bro...i have had a 1000rwhp vette....i have had a 1000rwhp cobra(still do)......aand i still have a 1000rwhp supra........my bike walks all of them.....its not even close...

but that being said i also believe that 98% of sportbike riders have no idea what the hell they are doing except...."going really fast".......

bench

Hahahaha, of course you do..  ::)  ::)  don't forget to mention the F-16 parked in the back and nuclear submarine docked at your private marina..

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »

Be coo.

It all comes down to balls and skill....I've had many a high speed race through crowded, or semi-crowded freeways. and 9 times out of ten the other guy backs down first

I could give someone a run in a fucking minivan

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Hahahaha, of course you do..  ::)  ::)  don't forget to mention the F-16 parked in the back and nuclear submarine docked at your private marina..
your ongoing jealousy of me is epic...

bench

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2010, 01:47:08 PM »
your ongoing jealousy of me is epic...

bench

Hahahaha, jealousy !?! I'm willing to bet you've never even seen a 1000rwhp car in your life, let alone own one.

And it has nothing to do with cost because you can build a fast car for cheap if you know what you're doing, just that pesky little problem of being able to control anything over 700rwhp, unless you're a professional race car driver... ??  there's a handful of 1000hp + Supra's in north america I seriously doubt you own one of them.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2010, 02:22:14 PM »
Hahahaha, jealousy !?! I'm willing to bet you've never even seen a 1000rwhp car in your life, let alone own one.

And it has nothing to do with cost because you can build a fast car for cheap if you know what you're doing, just that pesky little problem of being able to control anything over 700rwhp, unless you're a professional race car driver... ??  there's a handful of 1000hp + Supra's in north america I seriously doubt you own one of them.

whatever you have to tell yourself.....

bench

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2010, 05:57:47 PM »
 :)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2010, 06:41:46 PM »
:)
Always loved the blue or the black...but that interior!!!WTF is with Dodge for letting that not be as good as the exterior?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »

I could give someone a run in a fucking minivan

Believe it or not.... it's true. I can drive my GF's frickin Jeep Compass and do the same thing. It doesn't have the "get up and go" but the lack of brains out there more than compensates for it. Fuckin' A true dat.

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2010, 01:26:39 AM »
The best sport car in the Universe is “Corvette” and it will be forever!

1-Endless power and performance.
2-Extremely eyes catching design and heart stealing look!
3-Ultra enjoyable ride.
4-Great endurance ability.
5-Respectful daily drive car.
6-Reasonable and respected price.

Z06 & ZR1 over every one!
Corvette Lover

ksa_triceps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2010, 06:20:55 AM »
Always loved the blue or the black...but that interior!!!WTF is with Dodge for letting that not be as good as the exterior?

The interior is similar to every other Dodge, but for me It's the interior heat which absolutely kills the joy of any ride (It's present in the Vette but on a much lesser scale). And not to forget the trademark burns in any Viper owner's leg from the side exhaust. They could've made this car a mass production car with a few tweaks but It's obvious that they wanted it to be the way it is.

The viper is history now so this all doesn't matter.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2010, 10:58:23 AM »
The interior is similar to every other Dodge, but for me It's the interior heat which absolutely kills the joy of any ride (It's present in the Vette but on a much lesser scale). And not to forget the trademark burns in any Viper owner's leg from the side exhaust. They could've made this car a mass production car with a few tweaks but It's obvious that they wanted it to be the way it is.

The viper is history now so this all doesn't matter.
You mean your Viper is history or Viper itself? Because Chrysler has confirmed that the next gen Viper will be produced...and something tells me that Ferrari and Pininfarina are gonna have some input into it. And believe that they are keeping the V10 as well.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2010, 05:44:13 PM »
The best sport car in the Universe is “Corvette” and it will be forever!

1-Endless power and performance.
2-Extremely eyes catching design and heart stealing look!
3-Ultra enjoyable ride.
4-Great endurance ability.
5-Respectful daily drive car.
6-Reasonable and respected price.

Z06 & ZR1 over every one!

x2

I'm thinking of getting a 2002 model or so (cuz I'm poor as shit)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2010, 05:45:49 PM »
x2

I'm thinking of getting a 2002 model or so (cuz I'm poor as shit)
i am thinking about getting one just cause i have a shit load of ls1 parts in my garage from a few years ago.......

bench