Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno Updates  (Read 17257 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Lou Ferrigno Updates
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 02:21:10 AM »
Its actually Don Ross. That picture is off tha movie doco Stand Tall, for the comeback at the Masters Olympia

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 02:22:51 AM »
Here is me and Don doing a Gillette commercial for Puerto Rico.  We literally were on nearly every billboard there and storefront posters
No Worries 4 me

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »
nice guy, Keith?

owner76

• Getbig II
  • Long Time Lurker
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 03:25:33 AM »
Not Don Ross. It's Lou's training partner Ira. I don't recall his last name.

Ira Bankofsky

He's dead Jim...
BODYBUILDING IS GAY

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2010, 04:39:26 AM »

Ira Bankofsky

He's dead Jim...

Ira is dead?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 05:57:50 AM »
1992-1994 Lou was insane!!! He almost competed in the WBF at 322 pounds (at just over 6'4"). He went for the Mr. O instead and came in at 298 pounds that year. Judges said he OVER-dieted, so he put them all to shame and came in at 318-320 pounds in 1993. He did a guest pose with Dorian at 325 pounds in 1994 and competed at the 1994 Masters at a ripped 298 pounds. If you want to see him at his LARGEST, rent Cage II, he was said have been in his HIGH 330's in that movie and looked it.

Never before and never since was he THAT big. During the filming of Hercules he was said to have weighed a MERE 262-271 pounds....lol...

Makes you wonder if Lou never went to Hollywood I:E Incredible Hulk, how many "O"'s he would have won. Supposedly the Masters O in 92 was created for him to win since he never won a Sandow and we all know where that went....

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 06:00:03 AM »
JohnnyNoName and Devilsmile!

not the first time someone has compared me to lorenzo lamas.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 06:34:39 AM »

He's succumbed to palumboism
Probably the biggest ex bber. Still training and that is very impressive.
S

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 07:47:35 AM »
Here is me and Don doing a Gillette commercial for Puerto Rico.  We literally were on nearly every billboard there and storefront posters

that's onlyme, before he became Shamu

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
Probably the biggest ex bber. Still training and that is very impressive.

getting old is a bitch

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
nice guy, Keith?

Yes he was a really nice guy and a real nut.  I remember for that commercial for lunch Don wanted steak.  Well they brought us Chinese food or something.  He went ballistic and said he isn't finishing the commercial unless all of us got steak.  The Director came over to me and wanted me to settle Don down.  I told I can't so you better get the steaks.  So they did.  Another funny story is we were reading for Dino DeLaurentis movie at his office.  The scene we had to read was there were three brothers who all were in prison.  We got out and now is looking for the guy who put us in there.  So, we are in a office and we meet up with the guy.  Well me and Don wanted to be sure we went in together but they split us apart and he went in first with two other guys (playing the brothers) and I was stuck outside with Magic Schwarz and the guy from the Everready batteries from the 80's.  I think he was from Australia.  Anyway, so Don and the guys go into the office and we waited in the lobby.  Well just a few seconds later you hear all this yelling and things breaking and the door getting slammed into and a whole lot of "fuck you's".  Then it stopped after about 30 seconds or so.  We are just looking at each other like what the fuck happened.  The door opens and Don comes out all smiles and the other two guys with just their mouths open.  Well we went into the office and it was a mess.  We didn't even get a chance to sit down and the guy behind the desk said the auditions were over and that they were going to cast from their head office.  I asked what happened and one of the guys in there said "ask your crazy friend, he went a little overboard" (something like that).  Well we left and I got with Don and apparently they were setting up the scene for the guys to read and told Don and the guys they were very mad about going to prison for that guy and to be as mad as possible.  Well, I guess Don went a little overboard as the guy told me and destroyed their office.  I mean the chairs were broken, lamps the book shelves.  I mean Don destroyed their office big time.  Anyway, that was the last I saw of Don for awhile.  Back in the early 90's I saw him at Golds in Venice and we talked and I told him I moved to Hawaii and so on.  Well he wanted to do a story on me for Ironman I think but not sure.  So he called me a few times and asked me some questions and did a few short interviews.  After that I never heard from him again.  I am not sure what year he died.  He was a nice guy and did crazy stuff.

Does anyone know the name he gave that crazy huge vein he had in his arm.
No Worries 4 me

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 11:08:29 AM »
Another funny story is we were reading for Dino DeLaurentis movie at his office.  

The scene we had to read was there were three brothers who all were in prison.  

We got out and now is looking for the guy who put us in there.  So, we are in a office and we meet up with the guy.  Well me and Don wanted to be sure we went in together but they split us apart and he went in first with two other guys (playing the brothers) and I was stuck outside with Magic Schwarz and the guy from the Everready batteries from the 80's.  I think he was from Australia.  Anyway, so Don and the guys go into the office and we waited in the lobby.  Well just a few seconds later you hear all this yelling and things breaking and the door getting slammed into and a whole lot of "fuck you's".  
Then it stopped after about 30 seconds or so.  We are just looking at each other like what the fuck happened.  The door opens and Don comes out all smiles and the other two guys with just their mouths open.  Well we went into the office and it was a mess.  We didn't even get a chance to sit down and the guy behind the desk said the auditions were over and that they were going to cast from their head office.  I asked what happened and one of the guys in there said "ask your crazy friend, he went a little overboard" (something like that).  

Well we left and I got with Don and apparently they were setting up the scene for the guys to read and told Don and the guys they were very mad about going to prison for that guy and to be as mad as possible.  Well, I guess Don went a little overboard as the guy told me and destroyed their office.  I mean the chairs were broken, lamps the book shelves.  I mean Don destroyed their office big time.  Anyway, that was the last I saw of Don for awhile.  

So Keith, are you saying he ruined your chance at getting that role?
Q

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:58 AM »
getting old is a bitch

Sad but true...
S

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »
not the first time someone has compared me to lorenzo lamas.
Sure it wasn't Fernando Lamas?   ;D

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 12:37:57 PM »
Sure it wasn't Fernando Lamas?   ;D

either way- i look marvelous

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 01:23:51 PM »
324 pounds.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 01:25:11 PM »
HUGE and Ripped !

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 01:59:37 PM »
HUGE and Ripped !

HOLY FUCK!!!! That's SICK  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 02:21:50 PM »
HUGE and Ripped !

where was this pic taken ? amazing.
175lbs by 31st July

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 04:09:17 PM »
Do you guys think a prime 1990's Lou Ferrigno would of beaten a 1975 schwarzenegger?
How about Serge Nubret?

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2010, 05:33:53 PM »
Lou may charge $20 but what do the other Sci Fi actors charge? Richard Dean Anderson charges $65 and that's only for the pic not the autogragh.

I work with some Sci Fi freaks and one paid $700? for a group shot of all the stargate characters, i think there were 9.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2010, 05:59:56 PM »
Anyone else catch this glorious piece of '80's cheese, starring a badly dubbed Lou ?  

/no need to post, johnnynoname. you're a given.  

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »
Back then Lou would pretty much bitch slap anyone... tremendous bber :o
S

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »
Lou may charge $20 but what do the other Sci Fi actors charge? Richard Dean Anderson charges $65 and that's only for the pic not the autogragh.

I work with some Sci Fi freaks and one paid $700? for a group shot of all the stargate characters, i think there were 9.

What Lou charges for his autograph and photo is nothing compared to some others.  I think the people on jhere are just joking around when they rag on Lou charging money.  every celebrity does it 10000% of the time when they are allowed too.  People collect autographs and resell them.  Why should Lou or anyone else giveaway something that people are making money on.  
No Worries 4 me

Purge_WTF

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 06:14:22 PM »
  At the conventions I go to, $20 is the usual price for a pic. Peter Criss from KISS was charging $50 for one of his a few years back.