Author Topic: Chris Benoit (open discussion):  (Read 11778 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Chris Benoit (open discussion):
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
I don't know your beef with Virgil but dig your point of view.

Virgil has got to be the most pompous, arrogant, and pretentious has-been ever, and he’s the least deserving to be that way.
I’ve met plenty of guys who were much, MUCH bigger than Virgil, but are 1,000x’s humbler than he.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 04:47:35 AM »
I don't know your beef with Virgil but dig your point of view. As far as VKM and Perfect? These guys had to have been friends at least a little bit. How long did they announce together for? I'm not exactly sure on this? But didn't Perfect work in any role he was put in? Wrestler, Announcer, and Executive Consultant? He was a headliner in every role. Heel or face. He's one of my all time favorites. But I honestly didn't watch him in WCW. I saw that rap is crap stuff and went into depression.

Thank God you didn't watch Henning in WCW. It was the most disatrous thing I have ever witnessed. They totally used him poorly. A guy with Henning's talents could have been utilized much, much better.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 05:06:47 AM »
I was lucky enough to see one of Perfect's last matches in the WWE (then WWF) in the dark match 6 man tag at the beginning of the Hogan Rock WM at Skydome (aka Rogers Center) in Toronto.

Perfect got a great pop that night.

RIP
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 05:59:41 AM »
When I’d originally heard that, I couldn’t believe they would put Curt Hennig in a dark match on any card – ESPECIALLY WRESTLEMANIA!

And I thought WCW misused him…

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 07:34:46 AM »
When I’d originally heard that, I couldn’t believe they would put Curt Hennig in a dark match on any card – ESPECIALLY WRESTLEMANIA!

And I thought WCW misused him…

Yup....silly isn't it? I honestly believe that these promoters, esecially Vince McMahon, that he has a serious ego problem and he's a suck if one of his "boys" goes to another organization or takes up another hobby outside of strick WWE wrestling. He litterally tries to bury the wrestler(s). But the problem is you CANNOT bury someone who is adored by millions and has a hardcore wrestling past and is respected by all in the business. Examples of this are Jim Ross, Flair, Hogan, Henning and Vader.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 04:43:19 AM »
Honestly I don't think the hatchet will ever be buried after Survivor Series. But HBK is retired. Bret is definitely the bigger man. He swollowed his pride and Stus in the HOF. Owen is next. Plus Uncle Bret is giving the Hart Dynasty the push of a lifetime. But Big Picture here is'nt the Hart Dynasty. It's the Hart Legacy. It was a great thing Bret coming back. Really great. I didn't get the DVD yet but I'll see it. The Brain and Mean Gene should get monuments built for them!

I thought they already put Owen in the HOF a few years ago?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 07:26:35 PM »
I always liked Benoit, some of his matches with Malenko were fantastic.  But as great as he was, he destroyed it all in one night, and I've never been able to understand why.  How could he kill his own son?  I'm a father and I can't imagine any situation/mindset that would make that seem right.  There's got to be something seriously screwed in your head to do that.

As fas as the PG rating goes, I think Benoit was the straw that broke the camels back.  It was probably something Vince would have done at some point anyway, the constant wrestler deaths don't help with this, but the Benoit thing just made it happen sooner.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 04:31:55 AM »
I always liked Benoit, some of his matches with Malenko were fantastic.  But as great as he was, he destroyed it all in one night, and I've never been able to understand why.  How could he kill his own son?  I'm a father and I can't imagine any situation/mindset that would make that seem right.  There's got to be something seriously screwed in your head to do that.

As fas as the PG rating goes, I think Benoit was the straw that broke the camels back.  It was probably something Vince would have done at some point anyway, the constant wrestler deaths don't help with this, but the Benoit thing just made it happen sooner.
I have a funny feeling that they'll lose that PG rating soon. They even teased it on Edge's promo on raw yesterday.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »
No shit...

I didn't see any of the show - what happened?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 04:11:10 AM »
No shit...

I didn't see any of the show - what happened?
It wasn't all that spectacular but backstage it showed Edge walking by with a production crew worker beside him and he was saying how they're gonna lose this PG crap and the vilence starts tonight. Edge finally transitioned back into a heel. Highlight of the night is when he tried to spear Orton on the cutting edge segment and orton countered it in mid air and turned it into an RKO. I never heard such a loud pop.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 05:54:27 AM »
That definitely sounds like a hint/teaser.

I don’t care much for the Edge character, but his ring work is very good, bordering on excellent.
He’s a hard worker.

If the shows improve, I’ll have to start making a greater effort to watch more of them!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 07:53:31 AM »
That definitely sounds like a hint/teaser.

I don’t care much for the Edge character, but his ring work is very good, bordering on excellent.
He’s a hard worker.

If the shows improve, I’ll have to start making a greater effort to watch more of them!

You an me both. Right now, all I watch is Raw. I can't be bothered with Smackdown.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2010, 06:10:14 AM »

I think its safe to say that the reck drugs have fried the Shieks brains.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »
I think its safe to say that the reck drugs have fried the Shieks brains.

Either that, or he uses a maintenance dose 24/7.
 :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »

Either that, or he uses a maintenance dose 24/7.
 :)

You wanna have a laugh, google up the youtube video of The Iron Shiek at an autograph signing with Warrior.....need I say more? Lol..In a nutshell, Shiek took real offence to the fact that Warrior didn't want to be seen anywhere near him or have his booth near the Shiek's booth. Shiek damn near flipped his lid and threatened to kill the Warrior, bend him over, put him in the camel clutch and f**k him up the ass. It took about 3 security officers to walk Shiek off and calm him down. He freaked hard. For once Warrior was at a loss for words.

mass 04

• Getbig V
Jericho speaks on Benoit
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »
Chris Jericho is working in a new book that has a preliminary title of "Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Steps." The book will feature a forward by Mick Foley and is set for publication by Grand Central on February 16, 2011.

In the book, Jericho talks about his ups and downs on this path to greatness, how he joined the WWE, starting his rock band Fozzy and his relationship with Vince McMahon. He takes some time to talk about Chris Benoit, who was a close friend of Jericho's, and gives some insight into the man.

On Benoit's sense of humor: "Not a giggle, not a chuckle, not a tee-hee…never went ‘Ha.' But when somebody threw up or fell down the stairs, he would laugh out loud for hours on end."

On being Benoit's friend: "I considered Chris to be one of my closest companions, but it wasn't always easy to be his friend. You had to take the good with the bad when it came to his friendship."

On hearing that Benoit's family was dead: "My gut feeling was Chris had killed them"

Playboy

• Getbig V
Re: Jericho speaks on Benoit
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 06:17:24 AM »
Chris Jericho is working in a new book that has a preliminary title of "Undisputed: How to Become the World Champion in 1,372 Steps." The book will feature a forward by Mick Foley and is set for publication by Grand Central on February 16, 2011.

In the book, Jericho talks about his ups and downs on this path to greatness, how he joined the WWE, starting his rock band Fozzy and his relationship with Vince McMahon. He takes some time to talk about Chris Benoit, who was a close friend of Jericho's, and gives some insight into the man.

On Benoit's sense of humor: "Not a giggle, not a chuckle, not a tee-hee…never went ‘Ha.' But when somebody threw up or fell down the stairs, he would laugh out loud for hours on end."

On being Benoit's friend: "I considered Chris to be one of my closest companions, but it wasn't always easy to be his friend. You had to take the good with the bad when it came to his friendship."

On hearing that Benoit's family was dead: "My gut feeling was Chris had killed them"
At the end of the day, no one really knows what Benoit was thinking.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 03:14:46 PM »
I’m interested to see Y2J articulate a more complete account of what Benoit was really like as opposed to the abundance of generic “He was a nice guy and good family man,” comments made after the tragedy. 
I suspect you could say that about a lot of people before they commit murders.

I predict that Jericho’s memoirs will prove interesting and honest, as he seems like that type.
Although it will be a while before I have time to read it, I thoroughly look forward to getting his book.

I wish that Lance Storm would write a book.
He's very well-spoken and you can tell from his web columns that he's got plenty of engaging stories to share.

Canuck

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2010, 06:24:16 PM »
I know this is "dead" news but I just stumbled across this page.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Chris_Benoit

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »
I know this is "dead" news but I just stumbled across this page.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Chris_Benoit
lol..talk about trying too hard.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2010, 04:55:46 AM »
I’m interested to see Y2J articulate a more complete account of what Benoit was really like as opposed to the abundance of generic “He was a nice guy and good family man,” comments made after the tragedy. 
I suspect you could say that about a lot of people before they commit murders.

I predict that Jericho’s memoirs will prove interesting and honest, as he seems like that type.
Although it will be a while before I have time to read it, I thoroughly look forward to getting his book.

I wish that Lance Storm would write a book.
He's very well-spoken and you can tell from his web columns that he's got plenty of engaging stories to share.

I heard that Jericho's dvd is supposed to be really good.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2010, 11:09:26 AM »