Author Topic: Let's make some GetBig History...  (Read 53426 times)

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Let's make some GetBig History...
« Reply #375 on: April 26, 2010, 02:28:49 PM »
Good Post.  I don`t eat in "cycles" at all though.  I eat whatever I want and usually it is determined by whatever cookbook seems to strike my fancy, (the past 2-3 weeks it has been Bobby Flay`s Burgers, Shakes and Fries) or whatever is on special at the grocery store/farmers market.  We love to cook and do not treat food as a chore, but rather as something to enjoy.

The nutrition is always there by default.  Also, I prefer white bread for Hamburgers of course.  White Breads now have tons of great Vitamins and Minerals added and even contain around 9 grams of protein, (in the hamburger buns I use.).

I do like Artisan breads as well and will bake bread every now and then. (King Arthur Flour Cookbook is the best baking book period!)

Anyways, keep up the good work and I enjoyed reading your experiences.  Vince is vastly improving and I do think in time, he will pull off his dream of the physique he has always envisioned for himself.

Ah, I see. By cycling, I mean that you are never in some mundane 'bodybuilding' rut of eating the exact same thing everyday. You say, "Get your protein requirement, and enjoy the rest". I say the same thing, except I prefer eating wheat bread, brown rice, and sweet potatoes over their white counterparts because I seem to stay full longer. Eating the other is not a problem at all, but I notice it may make me hungrier sooner. That is why I eat my Mcdonald's or pizza at night before bed, lol.

I remember when I last saw Goodrum, he was asking more about what I did and he got to cardio. I explained that I did 2-3 20 minute cardio sessions over the past 4 months and he looked shocked at the time, since he was always fed the BS about doing large amounts of cardio. I was fed the same BS, but found it wasn't needed, and even counterproductive if you are training without drugs.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #376 on: April 26, 2010, 02:30:56 PM »

::)

Another copy and paste and google and wiki comment.......why am I not surprised. 

ummm, no

not a "Copy and Paste" job on my part

you are a huge Mizark

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #377 on: April 26, 2010, 02:34:22 PM »

I did the things I did for entertainment for kicks but ever since I was laid off from Alltel and lost my main source of income back on 07, I've taken my fitness business a lot more seriously than I did before.

Devastator, I hope you're still wrestling because you have the right stuff to go pretty far in the wrestling business and a natural talent for working matches than I ever had or could even dream of.  If you ever need anything let me know.

Thank you for the kind words Vince. I have thought about doing it again, but as you know one probably has a better chance of becoming a lottery winner than ever making money wrestling. TNA pays crap, although my dad has friends with them. He started a training school in Florida, and he hopes to have a farm system.

As for your working out or whatever, your last contest photos prove you have tied it all together and are going rapidly into the right direction. I always thought that if you worked everything else the way you work your arms, you would end up with an awesome physique. The haters on here don't understand the genetic equation, and they do their best to downplay your accomplishments. Don't listen to them.

And yes, let me know if you need anything as well.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #378 on: April 26, 2010, 02:36:28 PM »
Thank you for the kind words Vince. I have thought about doing it again, but as you know one probably has a better chance of becoming a lottery winner than ever making money wrestling. TNA pays crap, although my dad has friends with them. He started a training school in Florida, and he hopes to have a farm system.

As for your working out or whatever, your last contest photos prove you have tied it all together and are going rapidly into the right direction. I always thought that if you worked everything else the way you work your arms, you would end up with an awesome physique. The haters on here don't understand the genetic equation, and they do their best to downplay your accomplishments. Don't listen to them.

break kayfabe already and tell me who you are?

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #379 on: April 26, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
ummm, no

not a "Copy and Paste" job on my part

you are a huge Mizark

Were you ever in the business? Until you complete your training (it is all the same according to wrestling formula, that is how anyone can work with anyone else), you are considered a mark. So, Goodrum could also be considered a mark still, and so could I. I was 6 months away from being deemed 'fully trained'. All I had to do was learn the face side of it (I was always heel), but playing face it dramatically easier, and it can not be done without a good heel.

I worked 'marks' all the time who thought they knew it all (glorified backyard wrestlers). If they were trained they were a worker, other than that they are marks. I would probably be considered a worker by everyone else I worked with, but the term, to me, means complete. You have everything down to the best of your ability, and are ready to go on Raw at a moments notice and be used.

In other words, Triple H does the same thing that Barry Horriwats did, but look, charisma, and talent always prevails.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #380 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:08 PM »

::)

Another copy and paste and google and wiki comment.......why am I not surprised. 

JNN's dad was a pro wrestler you idiot

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #381 on: April 26, 2010, 02:47:56 PM »
break kayfabe already and tell me who you are?

I am a nobody. The guy who trained me was a nobody as well, although he did get to work in territories and job on TV. He has been involved since 1986 (when I was born), so he got to do things that were not options when I did it.

I started training at 15, and was done at 18.

I only worked 1 show out of the show we had at the training center because I refused to drive all over the southeast and lose money for awhile. I thought I would send a tape in to the WWE and go that route instead. I refuse to do something and lose money.

Heck, there are guys in this area who still do it, actually got to work with the WWE once, and they still have their day jobs.

It is sort of like how everyone out of the top 5 in the Olympia has to have some other income stream.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: April 26, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »

and i was as well...and my grandfather was as well

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #383 on: April 26, 2010, 03:06:19 PM »
Still no answer from Adam.  Might this be the greatest GB powning of all time?
serious question, what do you do for work? people seem to know you here, mind saying who you are?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: April 26, 2010, 03:09:44 PM »
I am a nobody. The guy who trained me was a nobody as well, although he did get to work in territories and job on TV. He has been involved since 1986 (when I was born), so he got to do things that were not options when I did it.

I started training at 15, and was done at 18.

I only worked 1 show out of the show we had at the training center because I refused to drive all over the southeast and lose money for awhile. I thought I would send a tape in to the WWE and go that route instead. I refuse to do something and lose money.

Heck, there are guys in this area who still do it, actually got to work with the WWE once, and they still have their day jobs.

It is sort of like how everyone out of the top 5 in the Olympia has to have some other income stream.

that's very admirable

I, as well, was a "nobody" as well

at least you don't put yourself over like, Vince

btw, Vince to "put yourself over" is to hype yourself up to make you look better and to "put somebody over" is to do the "job" to them

"job" is a verb for losing

see, i'm "smartening" you up a little bit more now even though i should never smarten up the marks

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #385 on: April 26, 2010, 03:10:24 PM »
and i was as well...and my grandfather was as well
Very cool. Did your Da have his own Hostess potato chip card, back when I loved wrestling? I mean, would he have been on my fridge during school?  ;D

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #386 on: April 26, 2010, 03:14:31 PM »

Oh yea, I'm suppose to know who a no name person's daddy is.... ::)

In any event, I could care less about who is daddy is.  Obviously, he wasn't that great of a wrestler to raise a brat like him.  
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #387 on: April 26, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »
 ;)

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: April 26, 2010, 03:18:06 PM »
Very cool. Did your Da have his own Hostess potato chip card, back when I loved wrestling? I mean, would he have been on my fridge during school?  ;D

haha nah

he did alot of small, carnival shows in the 60's in Italy and then quit to become a mason and moved to this country when he was 25.  
he doesn't have caulflower ear which is odd

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #389 on: April 26, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »
he did alot of small, carnival shows in the 60's in Italy and then quit to become a mason and moved to this country when he was 25.  
he doesn't have caulflower ear which is odd
When I read that I thought of Anthony Quinn in La Strada. If you haven't seen that movie, put it on your list. Not. to. be. missed. Essential.  

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: April 26, 2010, 03:30:04 PM »
When I read that I thought of Anthony Quinn in La Strada. If you haven't seen that movie, put it on your list. Not. to. be. missed. Essential. 

EXACTLY like "la strada"

except my dad wasn't a woman beating, strong man

i think "tragic" is too severe of a term for me to use about that movie but i always felt sad about quinn's character in it.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: April 26, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »
Saw The Road for the first time about a month ago.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #392 on: April 26, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »

Don't worry, I'm used to Getbig trolls as I've put up with them around here for years.  Business is good, I don't have to work 2 jobs anymore and I have a lot more time to do other things with my life than I did when I was living in Greenville.  Can't complain  
A

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: April 26, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »
Oh yea, I'm suppose to know who a no name person's daddy is.... ::)

In any event, I could care less about who is daddy is.  Obviously, he wasn't that great of a wrestler to raise a brat like him.  

i'm not a "brat"...just know a Mark when i see one

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #394 on: April 26, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »
that's very admirable

I, as well, was a "nobody" as well

at least you don't put yourself over like, Vince

btw, Vince to "put yourself over" is to hype yourself up to make you look better and to "put somebody over" is to do the "job" to them

"job" is a verb for losing

see, i'm "smartening" you up a little bit more now even though i should never smarten up the marks

I think I've been very clear about my time in wrestling.  It was very short and not sweet.  I don't even think I even broke even between travel and gas.  The only thing good that came out of it was that I gained a few good friends and I didn't get any major injuries.  So there's no reason for me to put that shit over anything.  
A

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #395 on: April 26, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
Jizzumsmell is a member here Goodrum.  Keep up.  How's your butt feel today,  Have a good weekend.  How bad are you going to own yourself this week on Getbig.  Also, where is that photo of you in the ring.  What's wrong are you even fatter in that photo.  What organization did you wrestle with

Why are you so angry? I am not going to say that I understand the obsession with Goodrum, but at least it's reciprocal to a point. Wtf did Adams girlfriend ever do to you?
E

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #396 on: April 26, 2010, 03:40:38 PM »
EXACTLY like "la strada"

except my dad wasn't a woman beating, strong man

i think "tragic" is too severe of a term for me to use about that movie but i always felt sad about quinn's character in it.
I was,er, too busy, being in love with Guilietta (sp?) who I knew was Fellini's wife at the time. I must have watched her end scene in 'The Nights of Cabiria' a 100x. It breaks my heart, and yet her smile at the very, very end is what movies are all about.  

Found it. Hooker with a heart of gold. Treated like crap the whole movie and just had her purse stolen by the man who professed to be her true love. Oscar of Oscar's Performance:

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2010, 03:45:42 PM »
serious question, what do you do for work? people seem to know you here, mind saying who you are?

Spin invented "post-it" notes.
Giving 110%

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #398 on: April 26, 2010, 03:48:46 PM »
Spin invented "post-it" notes.
lol seriously? this IS getbig so you never know if people are fucking around with ya

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: April 26, 2010, 03:55:31 PM »
I was,er, too busy, being in love with Guilietta (sp?) who I knew was Fellini's wife at the time. I must have watched her end scene in 'The Nights of Cabiria' a 100x. It breaks my heart, and yet her smile at the very, very end is what movies are all about.  

Found it. Hooker with a heart of gold. Treated like crap the whole movie and just had her purse stolen by the man who professed to be her true love. Oscar of Oscar's Performance:

i haven't seen the movie in MANY years but i remember how it made me feel about "hero's"
how they may be strong to those watching the show but can be VERY flawed in real life

it struck me pretty hard because i saw it at a young age and i just felt sooo bad for Quinn's character believe or not