Author Topic: Hawking: Aliens may pose risks to Earth  (Read 18364 times)

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
Re: Hawking: Aliens may pose risks to Earth
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 05:51:42 PM »
you jack cause odds they going after the dominate group.  browns n indians should be safe.  ;D

Ahhh, but what if they have studied our evolution and see that human's started in Africa and see they haven't really progressed since in the country of origin???
You Can't Do It!!!

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
It would take hundreds of thousands of years for our fastest rockets just to visit the closest stars. Radiation and near absolute zero temperatures are other obstacles. It's a very formidable task.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 05:53:01 PM »
Who cares

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 05:53:18 PM »
I'd call them racist, they'd get scared, get defensive and I'd tell them to prove their non racism by giving me their best daughter for breeding purposes and a bottle of their finest space alcohol.

Haha I like this ;D
You Can't Do It!!!

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »
It would take hundreds of thousands of years for our fastest rockets just to visit the closest stars. Radiation and near absolute zero temperatures are other obstacles. It's a very formidable task.

To them we are equal to dogs in terms of intellect. 

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »
Prince Naseem was a bad mother-(shut yo' mouf')
What happened to him?
He really embarrassed those guys.

:-X

retirement fight

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 05:55:25 PM »

If an alien race has already figured out how to travel from galaxy to galaxy than we are their bitches by the time they get here...
You Can't Do It!!!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 05:58:14 PM »
he has the most original ideas....

why do people allways think aliens have to be hostile, they allways out aliens and human beings versus each other... pfff... I'm done

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

You assume that.

It still hasn't been disproven that we are truly alone in this universe, which is just as remarkable.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »

LONDON - British astrophysicist Stephen Hawking says aliens are out there, but it could be too dangerous for humans to interact with extraterrestrial life.

Hawking claims in a new documentary that intelligent alien lifeforms almost certainly exist, but warns that communicating with them could be "too risky."

The 68-year-old scientist says a visit by extraterrestrials to Earth would be like Christopher Columbus arriving in the Americas, "which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans."

He speculates most extraterrestrial life will be similar to microbes, or small animals — but adds advanced lifeforms may be "nomads, looking to conquer and colonize."

The Discovery Channel said Sunday it will broadcast "Stephen Hawking's Universe" in Britain next month.

discuss...

dumb theory, if they wanted to invade earth, it would happen already, when you re intelligent, your not hostile

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 05:59:59 PM »
 It's most likely that extraterrestrials are adapted to a really different type of environment and different gravity levels.

The environment of the Earth probably wouldn't suite them.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »
dumb theory, if they wanted to invade earth, it would happen already, when you re intelligent, your not hostile

if your intelligent, your not hostile

the greeks were the most intelligent of their time......hostile

the romans were the most intelligent as well.......hostile

nazi germany.......very intelligent.......hostil e

america.........hostile

i hope that was a joke, because it was an ABSOLUTELY ludicrous statement

just cause a civilization might be advanced guarantees their benevolence ::) ::)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »
Ahhh, but what if they have studied our evolution and see that human's started in Africa and see they haven't really progressed since in the country of origin???

good joke.  when the run surface scans and figure out who really calling the shots on those 50 n 100 mega-ton...africa should be one of the safest places on the planet or the nearest favela, shantytown or slum.   ;D

you jacked if comes down to race.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
for all you originators here  ::)

this man has prolly more to say than you guys

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
Hawking is speculating... just like sevastase, daddy falcon, and gh15..  

if you "run the numbers"..... and take the probability of a planet having the right conditions for life (as we know it)...and compare it to the estimated amount of planets within our entire universe... (remember theres billions in our galaxy and billions of galaxies)... then its likely you woudl see that the chances for life to have developed on another planet are quite good..  

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:35 PM »
good joke.  when the run surface scans and figure out who really calling the shots on those 50 n 100 mega-ton...africa should be one of the safest places on the planet or the nearest favela, shantytown or slum.   ;D

you jacked if comes down to race.

Not arguing whites are the jacked race when an invading alien species comes to put the dominate race into slavery....
You Can't Do It!!!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »

if you "run the numbers"..... and take the probability of a planet having the right conditions for life (as we know it)...and compare it to the estimated amount of planets within our entire universe... (remember theres billions of stars in our galaxy and billions of galaxies)... then its likely you woudl see that the chances for life to have developed on another planet are quite good..  

yeah and the aliens must be hostile wanting to enslave us  ::)... like they need us for enslavement  :D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 06:05:35 PM »

if you "run the numbers"..... and take the probability of a planet having the right conditions for life (as we know it)...and compare it to the estimated amount of planets within our entire universe... (remember theres billions in our galaxy and billions of galaxies)... then its likely you woudl see that the chances for life to have developed on another planet are quite good..  

The Drake equation is pretty interesting, but again, a lot of assumptions being made.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
if your not intelligent, your not hostile

the greeks were the most intelligent of their time......hostile

the romans were the most intelligent as well.......hostile

nazi germany.......very intelligent.......hostil e

america.........hostile

i hope that was a joke, because it was an ABSOLUTELY ludicrous statement

just cause a civilization might be advanced guarantees their benevolence ::) ::)

You have proven yourself to be an intelligent man.  I find it odd you didn't stick out before.  Keep up the good work.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 06:06:09 PM »
The Drake equation is pretty interesting, but again, a lot of assumptions being made.
exactly.. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2010, 06:17:39 PM »
Maybe there is a whole spaceship of hot large-breasted space alien babes flying around out there.  All the men on their home planet were exterminated and they desperately need to find a new planet to continue their race  8)

TEsticles

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
they study us as we study ant farms, or those enormous termite mounds, we dont bother to stop and interact we watch and see how they progress....we interact with higher intelligence , dolphins , dogs  etc...
we must be the termites of the galaxy at our stage of development.....

and imagine what they think when they watch and see us fucking donkeys, our women sucking on a pigs cock while being fucked by a dog....yeah they cant wait to interact with us , we have so much to offer.....

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 07:21:37 PM »

The Discovery Channel said Sunday it will broadcast "Stephen Hawking's Universe" in Britain next month.

discuss...

SHIT it ws on here an hr ago  >:(
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 07:25:30 PM »

the van allen radiation belt and millions of micrometeorites seems not to have posed a problem for us going to the moon.....where neither radiation nor micrometeorite protection ws built into the space suits or the LEM module

come to think of it...once there...we seemed to have the technology to talk to ground control in real time :o....fuck the speed of radio waves n all dat nonsence >:(
carpe` vaginum!

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 07:27:10 PM »
I'd call them racist, they'd get scared, get defensive and I'd tell them to prove their non racism by giving me their best daughter for breeding purposes and a bottle of their finest space alcoho malt liquor.

fixed  ;D