Author Topic: Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status  (Read 8488 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Nationally, 60% Favor Letting Local Police Stop and Verify Immigration Status
Rasmussen ^ | 1/26/10 | Staff

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 2:05:19 PM by Bokababe

Advertisement Quantcast

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer last week signed a new law into effect that authorizes local police to stop and verify the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being an illegal immigrant. A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey finds that 60% of voters nationwide favor such a law, while 31% are opposed.

Seventy-seven percent (77%) of Republicans support the law along with 62% of voters not affiliated with either major party. Democratic voters are evenly divided on the measure.

At the same time, however, 58% of all voters are at least somewhat concerned that “efforts to identify and deport illegal immigrants will also end up violating the civil rights of some U.S. citizens.” That figure includes 29% who are Very Concerned about possible civil rights violations.....

(Excerpt) Read more at rasmussenreports.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _

Obama is really playing with freaking fire on this one. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Police have too much power as it is.  Why give them more?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
How many Americans are willing to accept a law requiring them to carry proof of citizenship, birth certificate, passport book, passport card, Naturalization Certificate, etc.?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
How many Americans are willing to accept a law requiring them to carry proof of citizenship, birth certificate, passport book, passport card, Naturalization Certificate, etc.?
Not me.

In Germany several decades ago, they used to ask, "Where are your papers?"  That wasn`t much fun.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So we just let anyone and everyone simply floor the border and sing Kumbaya?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Not me, unless it was someting like a driver's license.  

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
i'm all for it....and ya dont need papers...a simple drivers licence could be used as a national ID card...with additional info on it

i mean we now have 50 gig jump drives for our putters...ya mean we cant put a little extra info embedded into a licence?
carpe` vaginum!

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

No, but you and I shouldn't have to keep our immigration status on us and neither should anybody else.  This law potentially opens a box that will never be closed.  In New York are you supposed to have your ID on you at all times?  Some states you are already required to do so in case you are stopped by police for whatever reason...I have issues with that myself.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm sorry, but doing nothing on this has gotten us to this point. 

Do you guys have a better solution when the fed gov wont do dick and the taxpayers are getting robbed blind by these vermin? 

I dont know where you guys live, but near me, these invaders have destroyed neighborhoods, killed school budgets, filled up jails, and have created a perfect storm for taxpayers. 

Unless you guys have a better solution to rid ourselves of these people, I see no problem with the AZ law. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Police have too much power as it is.  Why give them more?

Exactly, as much as we need to fix our problem with illegal Mexicans.... This isn't the way to do it...
S

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I'm sorry, but doing nothing on this has gotten us to this point. 

Do you guys have a better solution when the fed gov wont do dick and the taxpayers are getting robbed blind by these vermin? 

I dont know where you guys live, but near me, these invaders have destroyed neighborhoods, killed school budgets, filled up jails, and have created a perfect storm for taxpayers. 

Unless you guys have a better solution to rid ourselves of these people, I see no problem with the AZ law. 

Yeah...enforce the ones already on the books.  Kind of like there is no reason that we need more gun laws.  I also don't find the minutemen people to be racists like they are depicted in the media, but that is another discussion entirely.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
From what I understand, this law mirrored a Fed Law already on the books. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Do you favor letting local police require that you carry proof of citizenship, birth certificate, passport book, passport card, Naturalization Certificate, etc.?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
From what I understand, this law mirrored a Fed Law already on the books. 

If you're referring to the Patriot Act, it's wrong too.  Police shouldn't be allowed to harass us without reason.

Don't get me wrong, I like what this bill will achieve...

S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No, but that is not what the law is intended to do and is being misconstrued.  

I already gave the scenarios this law will apply to and i have no problem with it.  

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
Couldn't they just stop anyone for any reason and give the official reason that they suspected they were illegal?  I mean, there are also non citizens who are white.  :o
S

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I find it interesting that the percentage almost equates to the white anglo-saxon population exactly.
Race and Hispanic or Latino origin   Percentage   Number
White alone
(Not including the 29.2 million
White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 65.4% or 198.9 million)   75.0%   228.2 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race   15.4%   46.9 million
Black or African American alone   12.4%   37.6 million
Some other race alone   4.9%   15.0 million
Asian alone   4.4%   13.4 million
Two or more races   2.3%   7.0 million
American Indian or Alaska Native alone   0.8%   2.4 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone   0.14%   0.43 million

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
maybe we should all get national ID cards.   Or, better yet, some sort of chip.  that would be super convenient!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Couldn't they just stop anyone for any reason and give the official reason that they suspected they were illegal?  I mean, there are also non citizens who are white.  :o
cant they do that with just about any law on the books now?

get pulled over, "well we suspected you were driving under the influence"...?

::)

to those opposing this bill what would you do to be able to differentiate the illegals from the legals?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Again - if a cop in Arizona pulls someone over who speaks no english, has a North Carolina drivers license, the registration of the car does not match up, and there is no record of the driver in any systems, you guys think we should not allow the cops to ask whether the guy is an allegal or make further inquiry?

GMAFB.  If a cop cant do shit in that scenario than I really dont know when you guys would allow a cop to do anything on this issue.    

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I find it interesting that the percentage almost equates to the white anglo-saxon population exactly.
Race and Hispanic or Latino origin   Percentage   Number
White alone
(Not including the 29.2 million
White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 65.4% or 198.9 million)   75.0%   228.2 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race   15.4%   46.9 million
Black or African American alone   12.4%   37.6 million
Some other race alone   4.9%   15.0 million
Asian alone   4.4%   13.4 million
Two or more races   2.3%   7.0 million
American Indian or Alaska Native alone   0.8%   2.4 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone   0.14%   0.43 million

bet it does to you but the 2 dont correlate there hoss so yes its interesting but meaningless  ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
How can you say there's no correlation?

I see that as an almost 1-1 correlation.

You are confusing the terms correlation and causation it seems. ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Why blacks are not up in arms over illegal immigration is beyond me. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
APPARENTLY this bill is created with a federal statute in mind...a statute put in place by the supreme court...now I do believe from what i can figure this bill does go one step further in that the statute says that if in course of investigating a crime a officer is given reason to believe the person is illegal they can ask for proof and this bill says with "ppl the come in contact with".

I think what many of you are forgetting is that being in this country illegally is ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

there will never be a bill that can target illegals without seeming like it targets mexicans...the vast majority especially in the border states are mexican so if you have a bill that targets illegals...GUESS WHAT??????????? its going to target mexicans...thats not the bills design thats just the way reality plays out

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I repeat:

________________________ ____________

Again - if a cop in Arizona pulls someone over who speaks no english, has a North Carolina drivers license, the registration of the car does not match up, and there is no record of the driver in any systems, you guys think we should not allow the cops to ask whether the guy is an allegal or make further inquiry?

GMAFB.  If a cop cant do shit in that scenario than I really dont know when you guys would allow a cop to do anything on this issue.