Author Topic: RM 10 months clean  (Read 62691 times)

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
Re: RM 10 months clean
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »
These two are about 8-10 weeks after I stopped AAS use. And probably when I realized that I wasn't crashing in any way. I slowly lost a bit since then, but definitely never crashed.

Prob around 200 in these.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
a leg pic from that time... I haven't trained legs very hard in years, since the quad tear.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 02:15:25 AM »
me lookin chubby in teh face and lower back, but I had an arm pump LOL.

Check out the back cyst on the chubby dude in the background  :-X
To be really ripped you would have to drop around 30-50 lbs.  Good Job on dropping AAS.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »
yeah dude, I know HOW to diet, I just have a hard time feeling like it's worth it  :D

I ate chicken or white fish and steamed broccoli exclusively for almost a month before my last show. You have no concept of hunger unless you've done that.
You don`t have to eat that nonsense to get ripped.  Eat whatever you want.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 08:20:49 AM »
Hi Adam,

Thanks for checking out the thread. I have no comment on your thoughts at this time except I hope to prove you wrong and be ripped at 170.

RM 

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 05:13:26 PM »
Been hitting cardio and eating so so. Mostly clean but my PW meals have probably gotten a bit outta hand with the carbs. 196.5 in the AM the day of this shot.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 05:20:09 PM »
Won't lie, the temptation to hit 750 mg test, 350mg tren and some EQ is high. I've been clean almost 11 months give or take a few weeks... I feel like I could hit 220 in this same condition then bring it down to a personal best in the 185 range.

Anyone feel like talking me out of it?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »
Won't lie, the temptation to hit 750 mg test, 350mg tren and some EQ is high. I've been clean almost 11 months give or take a few weeks... I feel like I could hit 220 in this same condition then bring it down to a personal best in the 185 range.

Anyone feel like talking me out of it?
Come down Naturally all the way so you can see what your body looks like free of anabolics.  This will determine if you are truly happy with yourself without them.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 08:16:20 PM »
Come down Naturally all the way so you can see what your body looks like free of anabolics.  This will determine if you are truly happy with yourself without them.

Yeah one part of me wants to do that and see what I look like. Honestly, I'm exceeding my own natural (clean, whatever) expectations and feel like I might look decent clean and ripped.

What is your honest assesment of my physique, bodyfat notwithstanding? I mean, I look very different from when "on", but I still feel like I look "good" to some degree. It's just hard to tell, sometimes.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 09:48:16 PM »
Yeah one part of me wants to do that and see what I look like. Honestly, I'm exceeding my own natural (clean, whatever) expectations and feel like I might look decent clean and ripped.

What is your honest assesment of my physique, bodyfat notwithstanding? I mean, I look very different from when "on", but I still feel like I look "good" to some degree. It's just hard to tell, sometimes.
In my opinion you will look better.  I prefer the natural look.  You will appear more ripped, (given that you take it that far) and your muscles will have what I call a straight edged razor look rather than a rounded thick look.  Your muscles will have a clarity that Drug users just don`t seem to get.

I prefer the straight razor look by a mile.  It will be something you may have to get used to.

Don`t expect to weigh a lot though and don`t get miffed if the scale reads lower than you think.  Do this for yourself.  Show yourself that you don`t have to dependent upon a foreign substance to look great (which you clearly do not).

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 05:35:21 AM »
Yeah I never really cared what the scale said, more about how I feel and look. Getting really light in the past has hindered my workout intensity and poundage, and I only pushed on because I forced myself to for competition. It's hard to imagine doing that naturally.

I'd like to at least get to 180 naturally. Last two weeks I've done well in the gym, pushing very hard and I've been incredibly sore and I'm getting more limber by stretching much more. I can also run on an eliptical for an hour which was never easy for me. Diet has been going fine but I ate too many calories over the weekend and probably having too many PW. I LOOOVE PW sugary carbs!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 08:41:50 AM »
Yeah I never really cared what the scale said, more about how I feel and look. Getting really light in the past has hindered my workout intensity and poundage, and I only pushed on because I forced myself to for competition. It's hard to imagine doing that naturally.

I'd like to at least get to 180 naturally. Last two weeks I've done well in the gym, pushing very hard and I've been incredibly sore and I'm getting more limber by stretching much more. I can also run on an eliptical for an hour which was never easy for me. Diet has been going fine but I ate too many calories over the weekend and probably having too many PW. I LOOOVE PW sugary carbs!
Once you get to 180 naturally, you will probably have at least 20-40 more pounds to drop to be truly ripped.  Don`t get discouraged if that is the case.  It will be worth it.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »
Once you get to 180 naturally, you will probably have at least 20-40 more pounds to drop to be truly ripped.  Don`t get discouraged if that is the case.  It will be worth it.

I'm not sure being truly ripped is my goal. 7-8%, sure. I'm not in any frame of mind to compete. Only exception is Mr. Getbig and if the prize is in the thousands than I'll just flat win the thing. I'm a competitive asshole.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 09:36:53 AM »
I'm so fucking sore and tired today and it's leg day. Ugh.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 07:38:26 PM »
u seem like a guy who likes to be big than lean,thats why u probably prefer to cycle and train heavy and look thick.if ur determined to get in great shape and clean,throw out everything u did to get big on drugs and revamp training,food,and don't look back or second guess yourself,i think u can get lean and be as hard as that rear bi pic where your back looks great ,u won't have that hardness or full drug look but u will have done it clean and it will cost u nothing.be well...

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »
Shit dude you looked fuckin great there but still it looks like you were about 14-15% bf. Imo if you wanna get diced then 30-40lbs ain't a wack suggestion but you can only know for sure once you try. Once again, monster fucking quads.

Edit: just saw that you said "decently lean", then you might be right.

your a fuckin idiot. hes about 8-9% due to water retention from AAS. if he drops his water there, he'd instantly look 6%.

also. RM, you got good genetics.  in those clean/on pics you posted, the biggest differences was that shoulder/arm thickness you had with AAS.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 10:24:40 AM »
u seem like a guy who likes to be big than lean,thats why u probably prefer to cycle and train heavy and look thick.if ur determined to get in great shape and clean,throw out everything u did to get big on drugs and revamp training,food,and don't look back or second guess yourself,i think u can get lean and be as hard as that rear bi pic where your back looks great ,u won't have that hardness or full drug look but u will have done it clean and it will cost u nothing.be well...

thanks nj, always respected your posts.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 10:27:31 AM »
your a fuckin idiot. hes about 8-9% due to water retention from AAS. if he drops his water there, he'd instantly look 6%.

also. RM, you got good genetics.  in those clean/on pics you posted, the biggest differences was that shoulder/arm thickness you had with AAS.

Yeah exactly. I definitely notice it most in my shoulders, traps and lats. My legs too but they really just got too big for my upperbody when I trained them hard so it works out.

I agree that I've got decent genetics. A bit on the pudgy side genetically, but the shape and size I got lucky.

This is from this weekend. 202 lbs. I've been very busy and in the gym infrequently the last 2 weeks. Moving in a few weeks, also.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »
you looked better on the juice! but, your arms r still huge!  8)

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 10:26:49 AM »
Yeah exactly. I definitely notice it most in my shoulders, traps and lats. My legs too but they really just got too big for my upperbody when I trained them hard so it works out.

I agree that I've got decent genetics. A bit on the pudgy side genetically, but the shape and size I got lucky.

This is from this weekend. 202 lbs. I've been very busy and in the gym infrequently the last 2 weeks. Moving in a few weeks, also.

RM, what did your arms measure in your AAS days? and how tall are you? also care to share one of your cutter cycles or a contest prep cycle?  ;D

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 08:51:51 AM »
you looked better on the juice! but, your arms r still huge!  8)

Yeah, I definitely looked better on AAS. LOL, that's not even a question. I'm just happy to have held as much as I have while off cycle. I was thinking about it, and I've been off cycle for 30 of the last 42 months. So I can pretty much say this is my clean physique at this point. I won't be shrinking anytime soon.

Still thinking about a late summer cycle, but I'm not sure if I have the dedication/time to train and eat, and I won't go on AAS without committing to doing it right.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »
RM, what did your arms measure in your AAS days? and how tall are you? also care to share one of your cutter cycles or a contest prep cycle?  ;D

I've measured very infrequently. Never in the last 5 or 6 years. I do remember the biggest I ever measured my arms was a bit over 19" and I was skeptical that I was doing it correctly. I was around 215 lbs at that point and decently lean, on a good amount of AAS. I've never considered my arms to be incredible in any way. Adequete was how I thought of them from a competitive standpoint. Legs and abs were another story!

I'm somewhere between 5'3" and 5'5". I've also never measured that since Jr High when I thought I had finished growing. I usually say 5'3" but many people disagree and think I'm taller. I guess it's not very important to me.

When I've got more time I'll talk about my cycles. I've tried different things, and I will say that a test base with moderate use of exotics have worked great for me.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 10:06:21 AM »
Yeah, I definitely looked better on AAS. LOL, that's not even a question. I'm just happy to have held as much as I have while off cycle. I was thinking about it, and I've been off cycle for 30 of the last 42 months. So I can pretty much say this is my clean physique at this point. I won't be shrinking anytime soon.

Still thinking about a late summer cycle, but I'm not sure if I have the dedication/time to train and eat, and I won't go on AAS without committing to doing it right.
You may not be shrinking weight wise, but your fat to muscle ratio has surely increased.  You are carrying a pretty good deal of fat and look really soft.  As I said months ago, you need to take it down and get lean to see where you REALLY are.  You are confusing your fat for muscle and until you lean down you will be wandering in the dark so to speak.
If you juice before then, consider your experiment completely voided as you will again have no clear value of your "natural" physique.   I think you need to lose about 40-60 lbs easily.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
You may not be shrinking weight wise, but your fat to muscle ratio has surely increased.  You are carrying a pretty good deal of fat and look really soft.  As I said months ago, you need to take it down and get lean to see where you REALLY are.  You are confusing your fat for muscle and until you lean down you will be wandering in the dark so to speak.
If you juice before then, consider your experiment completely voided as you will again have no clear value of your "natural" physique.   I think you need to lose about 40-60 lbs easily.

While there's no doubt that I need to lose weight to see my lean natural weight/physique, I question how important it really is TO ME.

Right now, I'm happy to not be either terribly fat, or terribly skinny. My eating and training is inconsistent, I've not used a single supplement, not even a vitamin or protein powder, in about a year. Basically, I'm working out when I can and maintaining a pretty decent physique while doing so.

I give you props for having leaned down for the Mr. Getbig, but I've not seen any real evidence that you remain in condition, nor do I believe that you are a lifetime natural (due to pictures showing some bloated physique/facial edema), and I think that's discredited somewhat your opinions, at least as far as your online persona is concerned.

But I won't disagree that I could stand to be a lot leaner, and also that introducing AAS while at my current BF% would be foolish.

I'm moving into a new home this week. I hope to be settled and training hard by mid/late July.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »
While there's no doubt that I need to lose weight to see my lean natural weight/physique, I question how important it really is TO ME.

Right now, I'm happy to not be either terribly fat, or terribly skinny. My eating and training is inconsistent, I've not used a single supplement, not even a vitamin or protein powder, in about a year. Basically, I'm working out when I can and maintaining a pretty decent physique while doing so.

I give you props for having leaned down for the Mr. Getbig, but I've not seen any real evidence that you remain in condition, nor do I believe that you are a lifetime natural (due to pictures showing some bloated physique/facial edema), and I think that's discredited somewhat your opinions, at least as far as your online persona is concerned.

But I won't disagree that I could stand to be a lot leaner, and also that introducing AAS while at my current BF% would be foolish.

I'm moving into a new home this week. I hope to be settled and training hard by mid/late July.
Lifetime Natural and yes, I stay around 170 lbs at 5`11.  I don`t think this should be too hard to believe.  Also, realize that I intentionally used to force feed myself to try to get my Deadlift higher and higher.  I was around 40 percent bodyfat at 240 or so.