Author Topic: Sheriff to spearhead ballot effort for Ohio immigration reform  (Read 3768 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Sheriff to spearhead ballot effort for Ohio immigration reform
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 06:42:48 AM »
If this law gives them the right to do something like that, than absolutely.

My point, is that we need to be very careful with this.  Surely you can agree with that?

Ever here of a DWI Checkpoint or checkpoint checking peoples' registrastions?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 06:44:36 AM »
If this law gives them the right to do something like that, than absolutely.

My point, is that we need to be very careful with this.  Surely you can agree with that?

We have to be careful with everything.  ::)

I get the feeling from most people that they would rather watch their country get destroyed if it meant not having their "rights" violated. And how, pray tell, would this law give them the right to set up checkpoints to check IDs? You're joking, right?

Yeah, they're really going to pass a law where they can set up checkpoints with the purpose of seeing if you're carrying an ID.  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 06:46:08 AM »
Should be ban DWI checkpoints under the fear that illegals and Irish people may possibly get caught up in this since they have more of a proclivity to drink? 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:25 AM »
I've got a completely clean record, and I'm against DUI checkpoints.

You two sound like the type of guys that don't mind being fucked with, so more power to you!!
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 06:51:37 AM »
Its not that, I'm making the point that this new law does none of the things that the people are claiming and that you already deal with this daily as it is.   

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2010, 06:51:41 AM »
I've got a completely clean record, and I'm against DUI checkpoints.

You two sound like the type of guys that don't mind being fucked with, so more power to you!!

More assumptions. Call me a realist. You can live in your perceived Warsaw ghetto. You sound like someone who breaks the law on a consistent basis.

For that matter, I have been stopped without any ID on me after someone (later found out it was my friend) threw a bottle through a car window on a street I was walking on. Nothing terrible came of it.  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2010, 06:52:25 AM »
This looks like a great law, I've already said that I support it, and would like to see something like it in my own state.

If you two can't see how the police have traditionally abused any power given to them, and how they could also abuse this than you're very naive...  :-X
S

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2010, 06:53:42 AM »
Look, the law is always a balancing act, but we also not on a suicide pact either. 

Arizona had to act because the Fed. Govt is not doing its job and they have to deal with the many criminals invading the state. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 06:53:52 AM »
This looks like a great law, I've already said that I support it, and would like to see something like it in my own state.

If you two can't see how the police have traditionally abused any power given to them, and how they could also abuse this than you're very naive...  :-X

I'll bet you can count on one hand, if at all, the number of times the police have "abused" you in your life.  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 06:56:25 AM »
I'll bet you can count on one hand, if at all, the number of times the police have "abused" you in your life.  ::)

I've never been a victim of any kind of abuse by the police.  I've actually only been pulled over one time (I speed constantly though) and the Deputy was a good friendly professional guy, let me off with a warning.  I live in a good county.  :)
S

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »
I've never been a victim of any kind of abuse by the police.  I've actually only been pulled over one time (I speed constantly though) and the Deputy was a good friendly professional guy, let me off with a warning.  I live in a good county.  :)

So your belief that this will lead to widespread police abuse is built around assumption and opinion, not from personal experience?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 06:58:46 AM »
Its built on the following:

1.  Too much TV
2.  Too much reading 240's posts

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 06:58:56 AM »
So your belief that this will lead to widespread police abuse is built around assumption and opinion, not from personal experience?

Read the newspaper, or a history book.  :-\
S

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 06:59:53 AM »
Read the newspaper, or a history book.  :-\

But you have no personal experience dealing with police abuse? Only what you've read and heard about? Good to know.

Seems to be a recurring theme among people always screaming about police abuse and how their rights are being violated.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 07:01:09 AM »
But you have no personal experience dealing with police abuse? Only what you've read and heard about? Good to know.

I've also had no personal experience with illegal aliens, but I understand the destruction they're causing our country.  :-\

I've got no personal experience with gun confiscation, but I know that it's occurred in our country, that we're all at risk, and that it's a violation of our constitution, the list goes on and on...
S

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 07:08:16 AM »
But you have no experience with nor are there any stories of police setting up checkpoints for the sole purpose of looking at your ID. That is pure speculation and a massive assumption resulting from your interpretation of this proposed law.  :D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 07:19:59 AM »
But you have no experience with nor are there any stories of police setting up checkpoints for the sole purpose of looking at your ID. That is pure speculation and a massive assumption resulting from your interpretation of this proposed law.  :D

Police will take advantage of any power given to them, they always do.  If given the right to set up "ID Checkpoints" there's absolutely no doubt they would.  I never said they were going to do this, you mentioned it (for whatever reason) and I simply stated that they would given the power to. 
S

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 10:18:38 PM »
We have to be careful with everything.  ::)

I get the feeling from most people that they would rather watch their country get destroyed if it meant not having their "rights" violated. And how, pray tell, would this law give them the right to set up checkpoints to check IDs? You're joking, right?

Yeah, they're really going to pass a law where they can set up checkpoints with the purpose of seeing if you're carrying an ID.  ::)

Those currently exist right now. I think it was Hugo who first posted a YouTube of that very thing taking place.

w