Author Topic: When Men were Men.  (Read 3804 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: When Men were Men.
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 09:37:46 AM »
I'm not saying these weren't great men, they are but like i said we have a tendency to look back on things with more reverence.  It's why shit*y bands from the 60's and 70's are 'cool' with college kids because you know "music was music back then not like it is now".  Same thing with these great gentleman,  we overlook the leaders and 'men' of today and think things used to be so much better, men so much stronger etc.   
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »
As for music, bro- the metal created in the 80's is still the best to me bar none, and even young kids agree.  The music is not even close. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42:23 AM »
I'm not saying these weren't great men, they are but like i said we have a tendency to look back on things with more reverence.  It's why shit*y bands from the 60's and 70's are 'cool' with college kids because you know "music was music back then not like it is now".  Same thing with these great gentleman,  we overlook the leaders and 'men' of today and think things used to be so much better, men so much stronger etc.   

Ummmm, music in the 60's and 70's was better than the shit today and the leaders of the past were certainly stronger leaders and men, than what we have today.  What is your point, exactly?

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 09:56:08 AM »

Ummmm, music in the 60's and 70's was better than the shit today and the leaders of the past were certainly stronger leaders and men, than what we have today.  What is your point, exactly?

oh please that's as subjective as they come, my point is everyone looks back on the past with reverence and thinks it's better in some way, shape or form.  Thinking however, doesn't make it so.
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »
Nice thread.   :)

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »
I'm going to agree with KC in the sense that most bands in the 60s and 70s were grossly overrated...now 80s metal...shit doesn't get better than that!  Those guys could actually play! 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »
i started growing one two weeks ago.

i was to lazy to shave then said fuck it I'm growing a beard

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 07:00:39 PM »
My GF freaked when I shaved my head w no notice to her and said she doesnt like a beard.

The only one I can see myself going w is a Kerry King type deal.