Author Topic: Sylvester Stallone drops ‘Rambo 5′ plans  (Read 6417 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: Sylvester Stallone drops ‘Rambo 5′ plans
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 02:17:56 AM »
Stallone's last Rambo "the fight continues" was fucking badass. I saw it in its debut and people gave it a standing ovation. It was high action and hardcore. Too bad he didn't have a romp with the hot blond. She kicked ass in the last Boondock Saints... damn!

Stallone was also in great shape. If he could pull that off again, the movie would do well.

"Get Carter" was also badass. Stallone did some of his best movies after 40.

The last 'Rocky'...not so much. The mouth-draggin-seems-like-I-just had a stroke thingy was annoying as fuck. So was the young chunky girlfriend.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 03:06:02 AM »
He could a Rambo featuring how he became "Rambo"---the early yrs, like a flashback---way,way back. Or he could do a Rambo with him helping a "younger version of him"---a mentor of sorts..."This is how you slit..."

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 04:09:30 AM »
What many people miss about Rambo is that movies 2 and 3 had little to do with the character at all.

'First Blood' was about a vet trying to re-integrate into society. When he goes to a small town, he finds that the vet friend he sought is dead and the small town (representing the America he fought for and left behind) is hostile towards him. Rambo wasn't ever supposed to make it past the first flick. He was supposed to die. It did so well, they made it into a franchise which adulterated the character. Movies 2 - 3 have nothing to do with the real Rambo character. It is  action and a moneygrab disguised as nationalism and unresolved Vietnam War issues.

To see him in 'John Rambo' being more at home in Burma than the U.S. says a lot. That he finds himself at the end going home to see his father says more. And that is why 1 and 4 are the most relevant in the series because he is making a statement about not only the Rambo character, but the weird hyper-action flicks that were barely related to the essence of the character.

It's deep, brah. :)
Almost always, yes.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 05:58:53 AM »
Rambos 1 and 2 were the best. Memorable lines, good acting/stories, etc.
Three started to go downhill. Four was just a gore-fest with bad acting, bad lines, and pretty much bad everything. Very dissappointed in it.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 07:53:46 AM »
Rambos 1 and 2 were the best. Memorable lines, good acting/stories, etc.
Three started to go downhill. Four was just a gore-fest with bad acting, bad lines, and pretty much bad everything. Very dissappointed in it.

Took the words outta my mouth!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »
Actor Sylvester Stallone has scrapped his plans to make the fifth instalment of the “Rambo” films.

“I was going to do it. I said I’d never talk about this, but I feel that with Rocky Balboa, that character came complete circle. He went home. But for Rambo to go on another adventure might be, I think, misinterpreted as a mercenary gesture and not necessary. I don’t want that to happen,” contactmusic.com quoted Stallone, 63, as saying.

But he is planning to work on an extended edition of 2008’s “Rambo”, adding a 12-minute footage that was axed from the cinematic release of the film.

“He does a speech at the beginning of the movie to Julie Benz where he lays out why his life has been a complete disappointment and why war is natural and peace is an accident. And how he just feels that his life has been a waste. It’s very important to hear that and I didn’t think so at the time. I’m going to go back and put in some stuff,” said Stallone.

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2010/05/04/sylvester-stallone-drops-rambo-5-plans-2-116715/
in the book ,yes rambo or first blood was an actual book before it was a movie, rambo dies at the end. the author was pissed when he saw the movie,movies...
F

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
in the book ,yes rambo or first blood was an actual book before it was a movie, rambo dies at the end. the author was pissed when he saw the movie,movies...

Stallone wanted to kill him off as well but the studio bastards wouldnt let it happen..

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 03:20:43 PM »
Stallone wanted to kill him off as well but the studio bastards wouldnt let it happen..

::)

yeah...to play mind games with the author.

100M$ in his bank acct already says another Rambo if he needs more money to support his lifestyle.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 05:25:03 PM »
yeah it was silly and jumped the shark.
It looked like Vince McMahn produced and directed it at WWE studios

Have to disagree with you.  The 4th was the first action film in years with some balls.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 05:30:15 PM »
::)

yeah...to play mind games with the author.

100M$ in his bank acct already says another Rambo if he needs more money to support his lifestyle.

He said it in an interview I saw with him once, can't remember what interview..was years ago before the last Rambo.

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »
Have to disagree with you.  The 4th was the first action film in years with some balls.

Indeed! Heart and soul!
Almost always, yes.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2010, 03:47:26 AM »
definitely, very brutal and fast paced
Have to disagree with you.  The 4th was the first action film in years with some balls.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2010, 07:54:06 AM »

Leave it to stallone to try and outdo Arnie's GE Vulcan Cannon stint in Terminator 2 with using an anti-aircraft hardware to kill people...

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »

Agree - awesome movie.

"...killing is as..." and "...die for something..." are as classic as the bible itself!

Team Diver

• Getbig IV
  • Squeeeeze!!!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2010, 04:50:27 PM »
look at what's happening with Terminator, what are they up to!? 6 now !?!

This REALLY pissed me off. Terminator Salvation made me want to punch the laptop I was watching it on. Such a fucking cold-blooded rape on a movie that should have been Cameron's. Terminator 3 doesn't even exist in my mind.
from incomplete data

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 04:56:20 PM »

agree, it was one of the most brutal war movies ive ever seen, they just showed it like it is, the whole movie from the characters to the dialogue was tough as nails

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 05:35:43 PM »
This REALLY pissed me off. Terminator Salvation made me want to punch the laptop I was watching it on. Such a fucking cold-blooded rape on a movie that should have been Cameron's. Terminator 3 doesn't even exist in my mind.

LOL, me too I refusre to acknowledge it, in my mind the Terminator series ended with T2 - possibly the greatest movie of all time

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
LOL, me too I refusre to acknowledge it, in my mind the Terminator series ended with T2 - possibly the greatest movie of all time

Yes, the music, the direction everything!!

I do love the first terminator to death though... it's really Arnold in his right element. It's probably the only movie were he is genuinely intimidating but not comical as most of his later flicks were. I also love the 80's synth music that goes well together with the very dark tone of the movie.
from incomplete data