Author Topic: How long after you start dieting do you notice changes in strength?  (Read 1381 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
As of recent (1 month), I've started my dieting.  There have been drastic decreases in carb intake, as well as increases in protein intake throughout multiple (6-8) meals during the day.

As of the last week, I've noticed that while my strength (ability to actually lift a heavy weight) still remains, my stamina (amount of reps I could do with said heavy weight) has decreased by 30-40%.

I know there is a lot of tweaking that needs to be done before I get to where I need/want to be, but what of your experiences?

Discuss..
"1"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
As of recent (1 month), I've started my dieting.  There have been drastic decreases in carb intake, as well as increases in protein intake throughout multiple (6-8) meals during the day.

As of the last week, I've noticed that while my strength (ability to actually lift a heavy weight) still remains, my stamina (amount of reps I could do with said heavy weight) has decreased by 30-40%.

I know there is a lot of tweaking that needs to be done before I get to where I need/want to be, but what of your experiences?

Discuss..
"1"

Perfectly normal, as glycogen stores drop, so will your ability to sustain good strength for reps....

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
I start getting tired at night sooner in about a week. Strength maybe in 5 weeks. I never really drastic cut carbs tho. When i cut, like im doing right now, i cut overall calories. Not the best method, but it works for me.
A

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

Discuss..
"1"

You seriously put a close up of Arnold's cock as your avater?

You're into cock huh? That's cool man.....

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Perfectly normal, as glycogen stores drop, so will your ability to sustain good strength for reps....

Robert, do you know of any good supplements that can be used to counteract this phenomenon?  Preferably a supplement that has little to no calories...

Thank You,
"1"

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
You seriously put a close up of Arnold's cock as your avater?

You're into cock huh? That's cool man.....

I'm a flamboyant homosexual.  I hope you have no issues with this.

Thank you for understanding,
"1"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Robert, do you know of any good supplements that can be used to counteract this phenomenon?  Preferably a supplement that has little to no calories...

Thank You,
"1"

N.O. Explode only has 6 carbs....I would also reccomend Epozine 0-2...I've been using it for the last 3 weeks, very good product

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
N.O. Explode only has 6 carbs....I would also reccomend Epozine 0-2...I've been using it for the last 3 weeks, very good product

I think I might try N.O. explode. 

I've been using Syntha-6 and I've found their chocolate flavored protein to be some of the best tasting protein out there.  Anyone who has tasted Syntha-6 chocolate flavor and has another protein that, in your opinion, tastes better, please feel free to chime in...

I grew up in the EAS era where Myoplex shakes were popular.  Now, buying protein again after 15 years of not having bought a canister of protein from anywhere, I was amazed as to how good this stuff can taste, even at low caloric levels.

"1"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
That's what I disliked most about low carb.  Nothing in the tank.  That and a noticably reduced sex drive in favor of sleep.  Either drop the intensity, drop the number of sets, or best up the carbs imo.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
That's what I disliked most about low carb.  Nothing in the tank.  That and a noticably reduced sex drive in favor of sleep.  Either drop the intensity, drop the number of sets, or best up the carbs imo.

Not to mention that you start to look flat...  It's a terrifying thing, at least in your mind, when you start to notice such a sharp decrease in strength levels.

"1"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: How long after you start dieting do you notice changes in strength?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
Not to mention that you start to look flat...  It's a terrifying thing, at least in your mind, when you start to notice such a sharp decrease in strength levels.

"1"

I always delude myself that I'll be the same size everywhere except unbelievably defined and with a 28" waist.  Rude awakening when I start shrinking everywhere and the midsection seems like the fucking last to burn away!  ;D

Imo add some carbs and see how you feel.  Better to make it a long diet than drop muscle if you're anything like me and muscle is in short supply.  Or add a little something.  I thought var and gh were great at low doses.  Not miracles but made a difference.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »
Immediately...

homo.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
That penis avatar is horrible

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 07:32:26 PM »
I always delude myself that I'll be the same size everywhere except unbelievably defined and with a 28" waist.  Rude awakening when I start shrinking everywhere and the midsection seems like the fucking last to burn away!  ;D

Imo add some carbs and see how you feel.  Better to make it a long diet than drop muscle if you're anything like me and muscle is in short supply.  Or add a little something.  I thought var and gh were great at low doses.  Not miracles but made a difference.

Some of my colleagues believe in tapering down the carbs.  I'll give that idea a try, while keeping my caloric intake at bay without surpassing 2,500 calories/day.

"1"

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
Some of my colleagues believe in tapering down the carbs.  I'll give that idea a try, while keeping my caloric intake at bay without surpassing 2,500 calories/day.

"1"

I think carb cycling is your best bet. I think have having three-four "low" days and a couple of high days will work well. The high days will rev up your metabolism, and help with your sanity, assuming you are disciplined enough to not eat everything in sight during those days.

I recommend Dan Duchaine's: "Bodyopus" as a good guide to carb-cycling strategies.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 07:48:22 PM »

A little of this will power your workouts and curb your appetite as well. It's a 'win-win' situation.