Author Topic: Lets Discuss  (Read 9903 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Lets Discuss
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2010, 06:05:16 PM »
Just the hand guard  and the BUIS and the FUG and the mounts for the AIM points , barrel is Noveske , upper is Vltor MUR
nice combo.....whats the barrel twist?

bench

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2010, 06:15:53 PM »
How long have you had these guns benchmstr? Do you buy/sell them frquently or do you have your favorites that you keep for years?

Like this "work" gun.....how long do you keep something like this?

This one looks well used, was it new when you bought it?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2010, 06:19:44 PM »
usually keep them for a long time.....i might swap, and sale parts though quit often...

i never buy a complete gun, i usually just buy the parts i want and build them myself..

and yes...i have a few that are like my children...i am the only one allowed to touch them ;D

bench

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »
if me and benchmaster ever hung out- it would be something like a buddy cop movie I think

Super Troopers

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2010, 06:22:48 PM »
Super Troopers

more like a weirder version of "tango and cash"

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2010, 06:24:08 PM »
more like a weirder version of "tango and cash"
more like a combo of training day and super troopers...

bench

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #106 on: May 06, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
nice combo.....whats the barrel twist?

bench

It's 1-in-7 I don't think Noveske makes 1-in-9

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2010, 06:44:09 PM »
It's 1-in-7 I don't think Noveske makes 1-in-9
nice choice.....i only shoot 1-7, and 1-8 with 223.......1-9 is pointless to me...

i even have a long range 223 that is 1-6...

bench

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2010, 07:44:13 PM »
Over a mile and a half out. Two kill shots. Back to back. While squadron under fire. Targets heard and saw nothing.

Bow down, bitches.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/sniper_kills_qaeda_from_mi_away_sTm0xFUmJNal3HgWlmEgRL

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2010, 08:34:20 PM »
Over a mile and a half out. Two kill shots. Back to back. While squadron under fire. Targets heard and saw nothing.

Bow down, bitches.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/sniper_kills_qaeda_from_mi_away_sTm0xFUmJNal3HgWlmEgRL
not this shit again.....this whole British sniper story has been proven a fraud in the sniper world,,,,,the weapon he was using couldn't make it at that altitude....the round would have been transonic, and never had the force to take out the machine gun like the story claimed either......the snipers story was blown way out of proportion by the media......the Canadian (furlong) still hold the official record...

bench

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »
not this shit again.....this whole British sniper story has been proven a fraud in the sniper world,,,,,the weapon he was using couldn't make it at that altitude....the round would have been transonic, and never had the force to take out the machine gun like the story claimed either......the snipers story was blown way out of proportion by the media......the Canadian (furlong) still hold the official record...

bench

Do you have a link proving it was a fraud? It was on Fox last night. And on another show they interviewed an Army sniper who was describing the difficulting of the shots. The Timesonline report is dated May 2nd.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/afghanistan/article7113916.ece#

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2010, 09:01:04 PM »
Do you have a link proving it was a fraud? It was on Fox last night. And on another show they interviewed an Army sniper who was describing the difficulting of the shots. The Timesonline report is dated May 2nd.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/afghanistan/article7113916.ece#

all of the forums are talking about it....one shot, i would understand...everybody can get lucky, but 3?....ain't happening....that would mean he was shooting 1/8 MOA at transonic speeds.....it would have been complete luck just to take down one...

the reason the story has been embellished is because British newspapers are going back to winston churchhill newspaper tactics to try and develop certain psychological warfare...which i think is a good strategy....but that guy hitting 2 taliban, and then taking out their machinegun=bullshit...

bench

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2010, 09:08:58 PM »
all of the forums are talking about it....one shot, i would understand...everybody can get lucky, but 3?....ain't happening....that would mean he was shooting 1/8 MOA at transonic speeds.....it would have been complete luck just to take down one...

the reason the story has been embellished is because British newspapers are going back to winston churchhill newspaper tactics to try and develop certain psychological warfare...which i think is a good strategy....but that guy hitting 2 taliban, and then taking out their machinegun=bullshit...

bench

Well, if you read it on the internet forums then it's got to be true. Somebody better tell The NY Daily New, The NY Post, Fox News, TimesOnline, FreeRepublic, AOLNews, Wikipedia, NewsSky, "SniperInfo.com", and many other American news organizations that these been had because someone on an internet forum said so.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2010, 09:13:08 PM »
BTW, the news reported two shots not three. And the Army sniper being interviewed last night on Fox also referred to only two shots.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:44 PM »
Well, if you read it on the internet forums then it's got to be true. Somebody better tell The NY Daily New, The NY Post, Fox News, TimesOnline, FreeRepublic, AOLNews, Wikipedia, NewsSky, "SniperInfo.com", and many other American news organizations that these been had because someone on an internet forum said so.

i have been a sniper in Iraq/astan, i have been a LEO sniper ever since, i train sniper courses, i even shoot in international sniper competition....i have read the weather reports, altitude, and conditions of his location for the day of that event...

....i have done the ballistics calculations for that round, the ranging capabilities of their equipt etc etc etc....

and by you listing all of the news companies like you did proved my point.....why in the hell would they all care about this shot...they wouldnt......its just a media hype up for pychological warfare/ Moral boosting stuff, exactly what this countries need.

bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2010, 09:24:52 PM »
BTW, the news reported two shots not three. And the Army sniper being interviewed last night on Fox also referred to only two shots.
and thats another thing...the continuing variations in this story are unreal......everybody has a different account of what happened......the Brits have claimed 3 different soldiers so far that were the spotter of this shooter....nobody has even verified who the spotter was?

not to take away anything from the soldier in question, because he is well known as a great DDM by all in the sniper community....but i would really like to see..
1)the true account of what happened...
2)to see them recreate the shot....

the shot is possible..just not with the rig that he had in those conditions

bench

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »
i have been a sniper in Iraq/astan, i have been a LEO sniper ever since, i train sniper courses, i even shoot in international sniper competition....i have read the weather reports, altitude, and conditions of his location for the day of that event...

....i have done the ballistics calculations for that round, the ranging capabilities of their equipt etc etc etc....

and by you listing all of the news companies like you did proved my point.....why in the hell would they all care about this shot...they wouldnt......its just a media hype up for pychological warfare/ Moral boosting stuff, exactly what this countries need.

bench

Why would anybody care? Seriously? Like people give a crap who is the first one to be born on new years day which is always religiously reported. People care, like I care, because it's an incredible feat. And because it's on major news organizations that proves your point that it's made up? But I should believe what you read on internet forums. What kind of logic is that? And I know your back ground. You have my respect. Maybe Fox should have interviewed you.

You could very well be right. Maybe all the news organizations have been fooled or they are all in on the conspiracy to boost our morale. Sniper shootings are always very effective at boosting morale and support for the war. Not like the capture and/or killings of major Taliban and Al Queda operatives and leaders. But thus far you have offered nothing to back up your claims other than you believe it cannot be done and you have read on internet forums that also doubt the feat. Better clean up Wikipedia because the Canadian has been brought down a rung.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2010, 09:44:55 PM »
BTW, if they wanted to make up at story why on earth would they choose the .338 Lapua?

PRIVATE RYAN

• Getbig II
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2010, 12:01:41 AM »
Looks like a mathews bow and a remington 700? I'm in the market for another deer rifle right now- A new or slightly used Browning BAR short trac in 308 or 300WSM camo composite rifle topped with a 3x9x50 Nikon Buckmasters (with the BDC reticle).  

It's a Brno or as they are now
called CZ 550 delux in 30-06.
I had a custom stock built
and topped it with a Ziess
Conquest 3-9 x 40mm. It's
good in Africa for all animals,
bar giraffe and buff.

I have shot the poor mans'
buffalo however, he didn't get
very far.

The bow is a Mathews DXT,
after owning six other bows,
I'm not getting anything else.
Light enough for walking and
stalking and pack enough punch
to take down eland sized animals.

With pics to proof (no attention whore)

If I was in America I would own
hundreds of rifles... You are truly
blessed with your gunlaws. Appreciate
it.

Re baby playstation: boys will be
boys, only the cost of their toys. :)

PRIVATE RYAN

• Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2010, 12:12:32 AM »
Ha, ha. JNN, I'm one of those black dudes that if I had the money, I'd probably have a tank, or Batman's motorcycle with real guns. And the world's largest private arsenal. Along with the world largest private library, one has to balance the other, of course.

By the way fellas what's a good starter recurve or long bow or compound bow for Archery?

Recurve

Ragim Impala

I have one of these, they should be
cheap as chips in the States.

Compound

I would suggest a Mathews Switchback
XT second hand, very forgiving and
indestructable.

Check out mathewsinc.com/forums

or archerytalk for classifieds
and reviews