Author Topic: Hey! All you Conspiracy Theorists In Here!!!  (Read 5014 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Hey! All you Conspiracy Theorists In Here!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 03:49:48 PM »
What about the people that lost their jobs? If they still had their jobs, they could still be paying.

Regardless of what kind of loan they had.

You're right, I was wrong to simplify the problem like I did.

Many of these people took on monthly payments that were already more than they could handle, and were bound to lose their homes one way or another regardless...  :-\

I'm not completely blaming them, but all it would have taken was a little research and not blindly following the mortgage brokers...

Guess we've all learned from this.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — [pauses] - shame on you. Fool me — You can't get fooled again."

-GWB
S

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 03:56:43 PM »
You're right, I was wrong to simplify the problem like I did.

Many of these people took on monthly payments that were already more than they could handle, and were bound to lose their homes one way or another regardless...  :-\

I'm not completely blaming them, but all it would have taken was a little research and not blindly following the mortgage brokers...

Guess we've all learned from this.

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — [pauses] - shame on you. Fool me — You can't get fooled again."

-GWB

Does anyone know the percentage of people that defaulted because of loss of income vs those that got in over their head?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 04:01:02 PM »
Surely they're published somewhere?

Regardless, it's not like it's some conspiracy.  People agreed to take on debt, and couldn't come through.  Sad situation, but ultimately they're responsible.  :-\
S

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »
Surely they're published somewhere?

Regardless, it's not like it's some conspiracy.  People agreed to take on debt, and couldn't come through.  Sad situation, but ultimately they're responsible.  :-\
Ciurcumstances beyond their control, many people did not expect to lose their jobs, many of the people I worked with were let go and had over 20 years with the company, so it's not like they were low on the totem pole. I agree it's not a conspiracy, however to say people took on debt they couldn't pay is an oversimplification of what really happened.

Do you own or buying a home?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 04:17:46 PM »
Ciurcumstances beyond their control, many people did not expect to lose their jobs, many of the people I worked with were let go and had over 20 years with the company, so it's not like they were low on the totem pole. I agree it's not a conspiracy, however to say people took on debt they couldn't pay is an oversimplification of what really happened.

Do you own or buying a home?

Rent...  

I understand that more came into play, I guess my only point is that you've got to prepare for rainy days.  Only a small percentage 1 in every 136 (I think) homes have been foreclosed on. There wasn't an organized effort to screw people over.  Greed just became to large of a factor, for the lenders and the mortgagers.

It's very sad, I feel for these people.  Especially their children...
S

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »
I should also add the fact that I'm biased, because I knew of three foreclosures on a personal level.  Each one was sad, but stemmed from irresponsibility.
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 04:29:49 PM »
Great program...

There are some good documentaries on the subject on Front-line PBS...

So you guys can rule out the conspiracy theory that many believe the reptilians benefited from collapsing the housing market.
I don't think anyone is suggesting the wild type of conspiracy.  No alien agenda or reptilan bs here.  That's sev's territory and he doesn't post here... thank the gods :D  But there's probably sneekybastard shit the went on and some of it with obvious agendas that would constitute a conspiracy.