Author Topic: PRIDE  (Read 5717 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: PRIDE
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 09:26:45 AM »
How is Anderson a Pride "super star" ???  Of his 30 fights, only 5 were in Pride (2 of which he lost).  11 have been in the UFC (all wins).  

Ok I overstated his Pride pedegree but he really went 4-1 ( the second loss was total bullshit). He started in Pride and came over when Pride was bought by the UFC. And if he went 3-2 or 4-1 in Pride and 11-0 in the UFC, whats your argument? That the UFC has better competition and thats why Anderson is undefeated?

Either way he started in Pride as did Rua, Fedor and Rampage.

It's not so much a dick measuring contest between the two orgs, as it is a wake up call to the idiots who have been knocking all of the guys who came from Pride who are now at the top of the heap of all MMA. The fact that the UFC bought out Pride is irrelevant. Most true MMA fans draw a dinstinction between the two organizations and their respective talent pools. Both have spawned some great fighters, but in my opinion Pride has spawned better fighters, more colorful fighters and more interesting fighters.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2010, 09:34:23 AM »
Ok I overstated his Pride pedegree but he really went 4-1 ( the second loss was total bullshit). He started in Pride and came over when Pride was bought by the UFC. And if he went 3-2 or 4-1 in Pride and 11-0 in the UFC, whats your argument? That the UFC has better competition and thats why Anderson is undefeated?

It's not so much a dick measuring contest between the two orgs, as it is a wake up call to the idiots who have been knocking all of the guys who came from Pride who are now at the top of the heap of all MMA. The fact that the UFC bought out Pride is irrelevant. Most true MMA fans draw a dinstinction between the two organizations and their respective talent pools. Both have spawned some great fighters, but in my opinion Pride has spawned better fighters, more colorful fighters and more interesting fighters.

Sorry to do this to ya bro, but you're wrong again.  He had 5 fights with Meca and 2 with Shooto before ever fighting in Pride.  You guys are grasping...lol.

Also, the list of Pride fighters who came to the UFC and failed miserably is a mile long.  Pride did have some amazing fights.  I loved their open weight tournaments.  And, I enjoyed the occasional freak fight.  But, I believe the UFC has better overall production, pays its fighters way more, puts on more consistent shows and does have better fighters.
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2010, 09:51:16 AM »
I know that he didn't have all of his previous UFC fights in Pride, but pre UFC most people would identify Anderson with Pride. Fedor also fought in Rings before Pride, Rua fought in the IFC a few times, Rampage fought in KOTC etc.

That really doesn't make my point any weaker.

I totally disagree with your other points. Production wise, Pride is wayyyyyy better. The commentators were way better, the venues were way better and not having a show every single month forced Pride to put on better cards. I don't really know what Pride paid its fighters so I cant argue one way or the other on that point+ and I disagree that the UFC has better fighters. Sakuraba, Cro Cop and Wandy in their primes, Rampage, Hendo in his prime, Fedor, Barnett, Arona, Nog in his prime, Shogun, Overeem, the whole gracie family, Vitor, and on and on and on. I dont even think its debatable.  Guys like Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz, Chuck Lidell, Randy Coture, Brock Lesnar and the like aren't a pimple on Prides ass. BJ, Machida and GSP are the three best UFC examples I can think of.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2010, 11:04:15 AM »

It appears that you clowns are forgetting something very simple and easy to understand....

The UFC bought Pride. They OWN Pride and everything about it. That includes Pride fighters as well.

If you are claiming Pride was better then the UFC, and if the UFC bought Pride and it's fighters, what does that say about the UFC and its talent?

If you need further explanation, just ask. I am here to make this easy for you :o

it means the ufc has more money and a larger fan base

what does that have to do with anything?  you're really reaching here, which is the sign of a person that feels owned :P

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010, 11:06:21 AM »
See, Earl, that where you and I differ.  Although I feel really bad for Machida, I did enjoy this fight and I am very excited about what it means for the division.  I could give a shit where Shogun came from.  You have to remember how the whole Pride vs UFC feud began.  Scorned Pride nuthuggers have been crying over how great the old days were.  Those of us living in the present have been saying STFU and enjoy what we have now.  That is what I'm doing.  Too bad you guys can't do the same, because after Shoguns reign is over, you'll have no more Pride guys left  :-\

you seemed pretty happy about cain beating big nog

funny how you change your tune now

E
E

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 11:27:56 AM »
Wow... so many Rua nuthuggers right now.  Amazing!

He figured out Machida.. that's all.  And the KO wasn't soooo spectacular.  Why?  We found something out that no one knew yet--->  Machida has a weak chin.

After Evans KTFO of Rampage,

Machida v. Evans will be the match.     

AND, dare I say, Evans will show all you Pride ass-kissers who is boss after he dismantles Rua.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 11:35:26 AM »

He figured out Machida.. that's all.  And the KO wasn't soooo spectacular.  Why?  We found something out that no one knew yet--->  Machida has a weak chin.

AND, dare I say, Evans will show all you Pride ass-kissers who is boss after he dismantles Rua.

ufc guy meltdown

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »

Have you ever stopped to think that times have changed. Some Pride guys as well as UFC guys have gotten better and some have aged.
Pointless argument.

The UFC currently has most of the best guys in MMA.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »
ufc guy meltdown

E

Only comeback in stock. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 11:42:23 AM »
Have you ever stopped to think that times have changed. Some Pride guys as well as UFC guys have gotten better and some have aged.
Pointless argument.

The UFC currently has most of the best guys in MMA.

This is correct.  If Pride were soo much better than UFC, wouldn't the UFC merged into Pride, and not the other way around?

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 11:47:10 AM »
it means the ufc has more money and a larger fan base

what does that have to do with anything?  you're really reaching here, which is the sign of a person that feels owned :P

E

How do you think the UFC got its large fan base? How do you think they are making so much money?

That is called success here in the U.S.A!

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 11:48:56 AM »
Only comeback in stock. 

only comeback needed

your guy lost, deal with it

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 11:50:20 AM »

How do you think the UFC got its large fan base? How do you think they are making so much money?

That is called success here in the U.S.A!

by being in the US and having a reality tv show on cable tv

ufc would've died long before pride if not for tuf

E
E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »
by being in the US and having a reality tv show on cable tv

ufc would've died long before pride if not for tuf

E

So why do you think so many people are fans of the UFC worldwide?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 11:54:19 AM »
only comeback needed

E

How is he "my guy"?  Just cause he was my pick over Shogun in the fight lineup?   Now he's my favorite fighter?    Laughable.  What's even more laughable is that Rua lost to Griffin.  HAHA!

Can't wait for Rashad to Ko his ass and Page's.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 11:54:32 AM »
only comeback needed

E

I can't even remember what this argument is about ???  Pride was better how?  And if they were, who cares.  They weren't good enough to last.  Just another organization that bit the dust.  Right up there with Affliction, EliteXC, IFL, Bodog, etc.  
w

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 11:58:19 AM »
So why do you think so many people are fans of the UFC worldwide?

the ufc promotes their shows better

just because they are more well known doesn't mean they are better, do you choose music based on what is most popular and well known?

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 12:00:24 PM »
How is he "my guy"?  Just cause he was my pick over Shogun in the fight lineup?   Now he's my favorite fighter?    Laughable.  What's even more laughable is that Rua lost to Griffin.  HAHA!

Can't wait for Rashad to Ko his ass and Page's.

because you got upset over him losing

what is laughable is ufc poster boy liddel losing to a tuf loser like keith jardine, at least griffin won his season ;D

and we all know rua was injured

rashad couldn't handle machida, rua basically beat machida twice so i wouldn't be so confident about rashad beating rua

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 12:03:02 PM »
I can't even remember what this argument is about ???  Pride was better how?  And if they were, who cares.  They weren't good enough to last.  Just another organization that bit the dust.  Right up there with Affliction, EliteXC, IFL, Bodog, etc.  

i told you how they were better, i'm still waiting for you to tell me how ufc is better

they went under because nobody knew about them, i guess by your logic mcdonalds is the best restaurant because it is the most well known and probably most successful ::)

E

E

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 12:03:15 PM »
because you got upset over him losing

what is laughable is ufc poster boy liddel losing to a tuf loser like keith jardine, at least griffin won his season ;D

and we all know rua was injured

rashad couldn't handle machida, rua basically beat machida twice so i wouldn't be so confident about rashad beating rua

E

Not upset at him losing.  Personally I think Machida is overrated and it was only a matter of time before someone figured him out. 
Rashad couldn't figure out Machida.  I do think he pairs up better against Rua though.  I just think Rashad is too quick for more fighters.  Anyway, i can't argue anymore.. my work day is suffering. ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
i like machida a lot, but i have to support pride

the greatest most epic fighting organization ever 8)

E

E

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »
i like machida a lot, but i have to support pride

the greatest most epic fighting organization ever 8)

E

How are you going to support Pride?

The UFC owns Pride. Literally.

You do realize Shogun,Silva, etc....are paid by the UFC now.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2010, 12:20:10 PM »
How are you going to support Pride?

The UFC owns Pride. Literally.

You do realize Shogun,Silva, etc....are paid by the UFC now.

by never forgetting 8)

E
E

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
by never forgetting 8)

E

ha ha!  Are you going to pass this on to your kids so that when you're gone they can carry the memory of Pride  ::)
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2010, 12:33:55 PM »

IF Evans beats Rampage, no way he beats Rua.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!