Author Topic: Where's Dante aka "Doggcrap" ?  (Read 5989 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Where's Dante aka "Doggcrap" ?
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2010, 02:32:04 AM »
??? how is studying scientific studies, telling everyone about them and trying to use them myself the same as what dc is doing ?

are you a fucking imbecile ?

if i said i designed and ran the studies myself and discovered the findings that would be the same. it is nothing like what dc is doing.

You are both taking credit for someone else's work, in a nutshell.

A lot of the scientific studies out there are a load of shit - not because of the method of experimentation or the people involved, but because of the conclusions and inferences that are drawn from them and touted as "fact". Just because it was published doesn't mean it's automatically true or valid.

And yes, I am a fucking imbecile at times ;D

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2010, 02:55:21 AM »
What do you feel he stole, exactly? Isn't his rest-pause pretty different from Mentzer's? I know some people who use DC but never really looked into it.

Can you answer my q's Panda?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2010, 11:17:38 AM »
it would be easier to talk about what he didn't steal from mentzer.

1. 3 favorite exercises per bodypart rotated - taken from westside conjugate system to avoid burnout.
2. extreme stretching = taken from parillo.
3. extreme protein intakes = taken from parillo ( not needed for naturals, but does so happen to make him a lot of money from trueprotein).

the different rest-pause of 15 deep breaths has been written about by mentzer. i posted here before about which book he talks about it in. it was one of his early books.
175lbs by 31st July

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »
Fair enough. I didn't know Mentzer had written about a similar rest-pause, if that is true.

The comparison to Westside. They rotate after hitting the same exercise for a few weeks, not a different one every week (at least as far as I remember) but yeah I see the similarity. Again I don't think it's exactly the same.

I'm not familiar really with Parillo, so can't comment, but even back to the 60s some guys were preaching a very high protein intake (maybe not extreme). I agree it's nothing new though.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »
Beethoven didn't invent musical notes, he just blended them together......much like Dante and workout info.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 11:25:44 AM »

1. 3 favorite exercises per bodypart rotated - taken from westside conjugate system to avoid burnout.
3. extreme protein intakes = taken from parillo ( not needed for naturals, but does so happen to make him a lot of money from trueprotein).

the different rest-pause of 15 deep breaths has been written about by mentzer. i posted here before about which book he talks about it in. it was one of his early books.

You're still a fat fuck who uses a shake weight and kit kat bars to lose weight, so fuck you!
Deep Tissue Massage

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 02:04:27 PM »
You're still a fat fuck who uses a shake weight and kit kat bars to lose weight, so fuck you!

MELTDOWN  :o

calm down dante.
175lbs by 31st July

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 02:38:25 PM »

No.....he does exactly 8 reps of everything with a 50 kg dumbell.....because that's an exact scientific formula he came up with that maximzes hypertrophy.

I had a friend just like Fatliar in High school....his name was Roy. and he was always into some assinine endeavour that he thought was pure genius. he would practice with batabakan sticks...which are long bamboo sticks that phillipinos beat the piss out of each other with...but he would do exactly 30 strikes this way, 30 strikes that way, 30 strikes the other way.....and when you would ask him "why thirty ?" he would rattle off some nonsense about his theories and you would roll your eyes.

Fatquitter is the same type of person...the HAVE TO think they "know better" and do things differently from everyone

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »
Why does Panda have such animosity towards Dante?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 02:52:44 PM »
Why does Panda have such animosity towards Dante?
why does dante have such animosity towards panda ?
175lbs by 31st July

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »
I didn't know he did.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »
I didn't know he did.

there is a lot you don't know.

you are new.
175lbs by 31st July

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »
No.....he does exactly 8 reps of everything with a 50 kg dumbell.....because that's an exact scientific formula he came up with that maximzes hypertrophy.

I had a friend just like Fatliar in High school....his name was Roy. and he was always into some assinine endeavour that he thought was pure genius. he would practice with batabakan sticks...which are long bamboo sticks that phillipinos beat the piss out of each other with...but he would do exactly 30 strikes this way, 30 strikes that way, 30 strikes the other way.....and when you would ask him "why thirty ?" he would rattle off some nonsense about his theories and you would roll your eyes.

Fatquitter is the same type of person...the HAVE TO think they "know better" and do things differently from everyone
gotta love these idiots that has to do everything in a certain rep range even if they can lift the weight for more reps.

newsflash idiot. pick a heavy weight and lift it for as many as you can. it's not rocket science.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »

I remember reading an article by Mike Mentzer about rest pause training. He advocated something like a ten second pause between reps after you have reached positive failure. And something like six rest pause reps.

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »
I remember reading an article by Mike Mentzer about rest pause training. He advocated something like a ten second pause between reps after you have reached positive failure. And something like six rest pause reps.

Yeah. Nothing like Dante's. Mentzer's was max singles.  ???

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2010, 05:12:03 PM »
Yeah. Nothing like Dante's. Mentzer's was max singles.  ???

This article I read was back in the late 1970s. As I recall you pick a weight where you can do a maximum of 6th reps, failing at the 7th, then resting about 10 seconds and repeat. Mentzer, along with Arthur Jones, were very much against doing one rep max because they felt it did little or nothing to increase size and strength. Jones was very clear about the difference between demonstrating strength and developing strength. 

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
This article I read was back in the late 1970s. As I recall you pick a weight where you can do a maximum of 6th reps, failing at the 7th, then resting about 10 seconds and repeat. Mentzer, along with Arthur Jones, were very much against doing one rep max because they felt it did little or nothing to increase size and strength. Jones was very clear about the difference between demonstrating strength and developing strength. 

Oh ok, that sounds closer to Dante's. The version I was thinking of was from his VHS video where he trained Marcus Reinhart......

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 05:56:44 PM »
Oh ok, that sounds closer to Dante's. The version I was thinking of was from his VHS video where he trained Marcus Reinhart......

I sometimes wonder how Mike would have evolved if he were still alive. I don't think he was as dogmatic as people believed. If presented with clear evidence he would rethink his positions. I believe his fundamental principles were sound regarding intensity and progression. As long as you keep doing things that the body is use to it will not stimulate an adaptive response. The devil was in the details. How hard? How intense? How frequent? How long?

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 06:41:12 PM »
yeah... From what I remember,  I always thought his early stuff was ok (maybe still a little low volume, but definitely good for 2-3 month periods) but the later stuff really went off the deep end, maybe more for marketing purposes?

w8m8

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 11:28:37 PM »

Smanjh

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 06:31:30 AM »
yeah... From what I remember,  I always thought his early stuff was ok (maybe still a little low volume, but definitely good for 2-3 month periods) but the later stuff really went off the deep end, maybe more for marketing purposes?

Possibly, but he saw people making progress, and his clients would always burn out on the more frequent stuff. He would reduce frequency, thus allowing a deload, and then he would assume you had to do that as you got stronger. His reasoning was great and concrete, unfortunately it did not pan out.

If you think about it, Mike died in 2001. His clients that were eating high calories and not really training would have put on lots of fat as well in a lot of cases, and thus reported back 'I gained 20 pounds'. Since they only really had dial up, pictures back and forth was harder to do. Remember you had to go get the film developed and then go to a friends house/your office and get a scanner? It wasn't like it is today outside of taking pictures with your web cam, which I don't think was around just yet for everyone in 2001.

But Mike should have demanded pictures, especially if he was going to talk about gaining 40 pounds in a few months.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 06:54:54 AM »

I can definately picture "fatbastard" in my mind. an obese and arrogant nerd.