Author Topic: Jason Werechuk of Muscle Tech dies at 35..WTF  (Read 19504 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Jason Werechuk of Muscle Tech dies at 35..WTF
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
Will the media blame Muscle Tech for his death and thus smear Muscle Tech beyond repair?

Or will the media blame steroids for his death and thus, kill future sales by alerting everyone that Muscle Tech isn't all that if their users have to take drugs too?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2010, 11:41:21 AM »

:-\
w

ThaRealist

• Getbig IV
  • Team REal LiFe
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2010, 11:44:18 AM »
Will the media blame Muscle Tech for his death and thus smear Muscle Tech beyond repair?

Or will the media blame steroids for his death and thus, kill future sales by alerting everyone that Muscle Tech isn't all that if their users have to take drugs too?

I don't think the national media will give a shit enough about his death to blame anything...
You Can't Do It!!!

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2010, 11:46:48 AM »

What "media"?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2010, 11:53:12 AM »
Steroids can aggravate or worsen a predisposed problem. Congenital problems exist with the population and why shouldn't it not exist in the BB community in small percent? Why are they exempt?

Because the percentage of the population with congenital heart, liver and kidney problems is small, and the number of professional bodybuilders is very small, so it is extremely unlikely that so many professional bodybuilders would have congenital heart, kidney and liver problems. It is important to emphasize the word extremely. And your argument that steroids merely aggravate a pre-existing condition is ridiculous.
Why is it that so many long term steroid users suffer from artherosclerosis and liver damage in their mid thirties without ever having a congenital condition? Riddle me that?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »
What "media"?

The one that covers this "sport"

Ironhead76

• Getbig II
  • The Hammer
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2010, 12:32:19 PM »

Why? Jason hadn't worked at MuscleTech for 5 years (2002-2005).  He spent a more of his supplement career with another supplement company.

Check his myspace profile or Linkedin to confirm....

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2010, 01:09:31 PM »
The one that covers this "sport"

He was Canadian, so American media won't give a rat's ass about it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:18 PM »
Oh, well — he wasn't going
to write Beethoven's Ninth Symphony anyway.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2010, 01:15:17 PM »
How much red meat would ya'll say is cool to eat daily? I am dieting and get exactly 1/2 pound. 97% lean, I cook with no salt.

Also wouldn't ya'll see more top pro's keeling over? I mean, they are on mega mega doses for years at a time. Possibly they just take more ancillaries to help out or better genes or what? Seems the more competitive guys do alright. More cardio from all the shows???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2010, 01:17:58 PM »
Steriods or not...Everyone doesn't get to chose their day...RIP

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2010, 01:23:35 PM »
He doesn't have the family anymore since he is dead.

Whose family is it then? Or do they have a replacement daddy picked already?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
He lived close to me, I remember seeing him around (clubs and stuff as well)

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »
Shit like that makes you wonder if BBing is really worth it

Joe is watching.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2010, 01:49:23 PM »
I can not believe the people here who continue to deny the effects of steroid abuse.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »
I can not believe the people here who continue to deny the effects of steroid abuse.

It's the same syndrome of people sanctifying the dead even though they were assholes all their lives , the moment they're dead they become such great people

if the guy took roids , you live by the sword you die by the sword

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2010, 02:18:49 PM »
Bodybuilding drugs are a health risk. Only a fool who use rationalization would argue they're a minor factor. You can smoke for 25 years and not have heart disease or cancer but who would argue that they are not a health risk for these two deadly diseases?

The drug using bodybuilding sub culture is a  small group. The amount of major health problems of the major stars is a glaring light in the face of users yet they deny. 

Yes, there are no large scale studies of bodybuilder's health and drug use to point to.  What researcher would give a damm about 15 pros and 70 ex pros?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2010, 03:07:16 PM »
  What is incredible to me are the people who believe that all these bodybuilders are dying from congenital(genetically inherited) heart, kidney and liver problems, when you take into consideration that the number of bodybuilders with heart, liver and kidney problems is vastly superior to that of the general population for their age range. That is, if 0.2% of people in their thirties suffer from artherosclerosis and if there are 10 professional bodybuilders in their thirties with artherosclerosis out of a total of 100 professional bodybuilders in this age range, then this means that professional bodybuilders in their thirties suffer from artherosclerosis in a rate that is 50 times superior to the general population in this age range! If it were congenital, then professional bodybuilders should have a rate of artherosclerosis proportional to what the general population has. In fact, they should have a rate of artherosclerosis that is lower than that of the general population since bodybuilders eat low fat diets and exercise. Congenital my asshole! Obviously, there is some variable that explains the vastly superior rate of artherosclerosis among bodybuilders and that is steroids which are known to cause artherosclerosis by decreasing levels of HDL and increasing the synthesis of LDL in the liver.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
I'm not saying that, but, you guys expect every bodybuilder to be immune to everything and live to see 100, or the excuse is all steroids - unfounded excuses.
no, just made it to the age normal out of shape men live too. Hell how about just 50?  ::) ::)
A

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2010, 03:21:40 PM »
Yes, of course there are some people who deny the possible health effects of steroid use which is ignorant.  However there are many more people "especially on this board" that overexaggerate the health effects of steroid use which is also ignorant. 

Could steroid use have contributed to his heart attack?  Yes it could have, just as it could have had nothing to do with it.  Anyone guessing either way is just speculating. 

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
 Because the percentage of the population with congenital heart, liver and kidney problems is small, and the number of professional bodybuilders is very small, so it is extremely unlikely that so many professional bodybuilders would have congenital heart, kidney and liver problems. It is important to emphasize the word extremely. And your argument that steroids merely aggravate a pre-existing condition is ridiculous.
Why is it that so many long term steroid users suffer from artherosclerosis and liver damage in their mid thirties without ever having a congenital condition? Riddle me that?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

In all fairness.... I would speculate that most of the bodybuilders that have died due to heart complications from severe steroid abuse, have indeed had genetic predispositions towards such problems in the first place. Only it probably wouldn't have manifested itself until way later in life, (assuming something else didn't kill them first).

It is probably a moot point, because the steroid abuse surely aggravated and accelerated whatever was going on to begin with, and we shouldn't downplay its role in it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »
What was his role with Muscle Tech?

What I immediately thought was that there could be other substances involved, as it often does when it comes to sudden death.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »
What was his role with Muscle Tech?

What I immediately thought was that there could be other substances involved, as it often does when it comes to sudden death.

That brings up a great point. It is very likely he could have been abusing recreational drugs, and painkillers as well.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »
In all fairness.... I would speculate that most of the bodybuilders that have died due to heart complications from severe steroid abuse, have indeed had genetic predispositions towards such problems in the first place. Only it probably wouldn't have manifested itself until way later in life, (assuming something else didn't kill them first).

It is probably a moot point, because the steroid abuse surely aggravated and accelerated whatever was going on to begin with, and we shouldn't downplay its role in it.

The argument that all these guys suffered from congenital heart, kidney and liver problems is ridiculous. In the general population, all people who have these problems in their thirties combined is less than one percent of the general population, and yet among professional bodybuilders in their thirties the rate is like 10% or more. Explain this discrepancy? Steroids don't need one to have a congenital defect to cause heart, liver and kidney problems. This is even more when you consider that professional bodybuilders in their thirties have been using steroids nonstop for more than a decade.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2010, 05:04:12 PM »
 Well, at least those big muscles will make a lot of flowers pop up out of the ground when they rot into the soil.