Author Topic: World Cup - Official Thread  (Read 66520 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: World Cup
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »
rooting for Portugal

but Argentina are my favorites for title. since 06, the best team, shoulda won then, but fucked up.

No offence, but Argies haven't been the best team for a looooooooooong time...

Even now, they're depleted thanks to Maradona's managerial "abilities" and player feuds.

Nederlands don't stand a chance, Ivory Coast... not a chance either - in fact no African team has a hope in hell, the continents chance of shining was crippled by their best team being drawn with Portugal (who are also collectively shit) and Brazil... which due to this Dunga defensiveness are stupidly being written off...

Personally, I can't look past Spain, they're so epicly talented and have got a bunch of bench warmers that are as good as the best...
الاسلام هو شيطانية

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 02:44:19 PM »

Even now, they're depleted thanks to Maradona's managerial "abilities" and player feuds.

Nederlands don't stand a chance, Ivory Coast... not a chance either - in fact no African team has a hope in hell, the continents chance of shining was crippled by their best team being drawn with Portugal (who are also collectively shit) and Brazil... which due to this Dunga defensiveness are stupidly being written off...

Personally, I can't look past Spain, they're so epicly talented and have got a bunch of bench warmers that are as good as the best...

Actually you have it backwards , Argentina has the best players/talent  but Spain has the  better team.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2010, 02:27:53 AM »

Actually you have it backwards , Argentina has the best players/talent  but Spain has the  better team.

No, I definitely don't have it backwards.

Argentina best players?... Please, they have a few promising forwards, not so much in midfield unless you count Messi as a winger and they dropped Cambiasso, a player who would make 90% of people's World XI as a defensive midfielder... Defensively weak and their keeper is nothing special.

The Torres / Villa combo is possibly the best... Xavi and Iniesta are the two that allow Messi to be Messi for barca... Alonso is fantastic... let's not forget David Silva... ha ha yeah Argies are comparable on a player to player basis... ::)

Defensively, I'd even say Spain have the best defence... Pique has been legendary this season for barca; GK is arguably the best in the world on his day too... although he was slightly disappointing this season - seemed to have lost his air of invincibility.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 02:36:27 AM »
Speaking of defense, how about that goal keeper from Ghana? Dat dude is primo :>

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 02:48:24 AM »

Whoa! take it easy...we're not as good as the "golden generation", and yes, lots of individual talent, and collectivelly...well, shit, ok you're right... :'(
truth hurts. But maybe, just maybe, we can do it!
Brazil, Spain, Holland, England, France, Germany all have very good teams. But Spain are a good TEAM. I hope its a good tournament, with not too much fixing, besides helping SA go past the group stage. In other words, not another 2002 sham.
Maradona is not a "manager", hes a legend for inspiration, I doubt he even made many decisions, besides making sure Aguero was on the plane with Messi. Leaving Cambiasso and Zanneti behind are 2 epic fuck-ups or a master stroke of genius...up front theyre a formidable force, with riches & the luxury to choose from the talent!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 06:13:09 AM »

Argentina best players?... Please, they have a few promising forwards, not so much in midfield unless you count Messi as a winger and they dropped Cambiasso, a player who would make 90% of people's World XI as a defensive midfielder... Defensively weak and their keeper is nothing special.

The Torres / Villa combo is possibly the best... Xavi and Iniesta are the two that allow Messi to be Messi for barca... Alonso is fantastic... let's not forget David Silva... ha ha yeah Argies are comparable on a player to player basis... ::)

Defensively, I'd even say Spain have the best defence... Pique has been legendary this season for barca; GK is arguably the best in the world on his day too... although he was slightly disappointing this season - seemed to have lost his air of invincibility.

Few  ''PROMISING '' forwards  ;D ? GTFO of here ,Messi,Milito,Tevez ,Higuain, Aguero, Di Maria...................

Torres /Villa  best combo  ::)

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 06:58:26 AM »
argentina got best players, but not best team
spain is good but i dont think they will win

i predict a final

germany - italy

germany win by penalties

these will be the quarter finalists:

brazil
argentina
holland
spain
germany
italy
portugal
england

why italy in finale?
once they get to knock-out games, hard to beat

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

brazil

spain

portugal

One of those teams won't  make it , they would have to play each other before Quarters

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2010, 07:40:44 AM »
How is the USA doing?

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2010, 09:53:21 AM »
why italy in finale?
you're right, but I really do not like them, the style of play, everything. And how do you leave Cassano & Rossi at home? best form ever. and takes Gattuso with? cmon...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2010, 09:59:47 AM »
italy only wins if it is brasil because than we will see where duga loyalties are.  as noted...he the f##k back in italy after this world cup.  on a side...if robinho, kaka and one of their upcoming strikers can produce 5 goals between them from quarters - finals they will win.  i hate dunga but they defense can mug em with the best euro teams now...just no killer striker like ronaldo or a sweet setup guy like ronaldinho in their lineup or bench. what's the word on ronnie...gracie?

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2010, 10:03:15 AM »
Kick someone is the shin, get a 'card' for it, throw a temper tantrum.
Lol @ soccer.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2010, 10:21:30 AM »
Drogba will dominate.

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2010, 01:39:25 PM »
Drogba will dominate.

are you retarded? drogba broke his arm wont attend the world cup

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »
One of those teams won't  make it , they would have to play each other before Quarters

in that case portugal has a good chance to win the cup

kevinf

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
How is the USA doing?

USA vs England this Saturday!! should be a good match! USA FTW!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 02:33:11 PM »

i predict a final

germany - italy

germany win by penalties

brazil
argentina
holland
spain
germany
italy
portugal
england

why italy in finale?

its cause italy is such a peice of shit team, they dont even try to score they just play everyone on defense and drag the game out and ensure the opponent doesnt get a goal. they turn the game into a boring grind and try to get to penalty kicks where their homo goalie can 'win' the game for them.

the 06 Final was such a pathetic display of lameness...they didnt even try to beat France. they didnt even play offense the entire game. they just tried to drag it to penalty kicks -which they did- and got the 'victory' off cheap penalty kicks because ZIDANE got himself out after being fed up with the Italians and their gay approach to 'winning'.

france was the best team last time around and deserved the win.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2010, 03:00:00 PM »

i predict a final

germany - italy

germany win by penalties

This seems accurate to me except I'm not feeling Italy this world cup and I think people are counting England out.  I think this could be rooney's cup.  that being said...Germany has been the semi-finals of every World cup they've entered taking 3rd in 2006, 2nd at Euro 2008.  this could be their year and as much as it hurts for Ballack to be gone I never felt he filled the strong captain role you traditionally find on the German team so this could be a chance for another player to step up.  Lahm, Sweinstiger, Klose, Pudoski...this could be their year

brazil
argentina
holland
spain
germany
italy
portugal
england

why italy in finale?

Lundgren

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Banned
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »
Kick someone is the shin, get a 'card' for it, throw a temper tantrum.
Lol @ soccer.
Can't run got no skill lol@U.

Seriously though I just don't want any of the rich Euro teams to do well besides germany. Also hoping a north American team magically places high.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »

argentina does have the best players, A FEW PROMISING FORWARDS????? TEVEZ, MILITO, HIGUAIN, MESSI, AGUERO AND PALERMO... BRO...

YOU HAVE VERON IN THE MIDDLE, YOU CALL VERON A BAD PLAYER????

ARGENTINA WOULD HAVE A SUPERB TEAM WITH RIQUELME ON IT, HE IS MISSING, ALSO ZANETTI...

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »
PROMISING FORWARDS

MESSI                         BARCELONA DE ESPANA

HIGUAIN                      REAL MADRID

MILITO                        INTER DE MILA

TEVEZ                         MANCHESTER CITY

AGUERO                       ATLETICO MADRID

PALERMO                      BOCA JRS

AND I FORGOT TO MENTION ONE PLAYER THERE TOO, BUT ANY COACH OF ANY TEAM ANYWHERE WOUD GIVE BOTH HIS TESTICLES FOR HAVING JUST 2 OF THEM PICKED AT RANDOM... HAHAHA

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »
yes voice of doom, germany wont play less without ballack, i think better, they have lots of good players now like cacao which play more dynamic then ballack, just have a gut feeling germany will win it, but as far as im concerned its wide open, probably 7 teams have a good chane to win, not just spain, the winner will also need lots of luck.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2010, 04:09:06 PM »
PROMISING FORWARDS

MESSI                         BARCELONA DE ESPANA

HIGUAIN                      REAL MADRID

MILITO                        INTER DE MILA

TEVEZ                         MANCHESTER CITY

AGUERO                       ATLETICO MADRID

PALERMO                      BOCA JRS

AND I FORGOT TO MENTION ONE PLAYER THERE TOO, BUT ANY COACH OF ANY TEAM ANYWHERE WOUD GIVE BOTH HIS TESTICLES FOR HAVING JUST 2 OF THEM PICKED AT RANDOM... HAHAHA

Palermo and Veron  are waaay past their primes , big mistake from Maradona.

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »
Palermo and Veron  are waaay past their primes , big mistake from Maradona.

veron is still real good, he is old, but he plays real good still in Estudiantes...

palermo, he doesnt do shit at games, but scores goals, maybe Maradona took him cause its his last world cup and he is from Boca, as Diego was, and maybe wants to honor him with that??? but i dont think he is even going to play a lot of minutes during the world cup...