Author Topic: Chiefs of Navy, Army, Air Force, and Marines Oppose DADT Repeal  (Read 3630 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Chiefs of Navy, Army, Air Force, and Marines Oppose DADT Repeal
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 07:11:33 AM »
They are bypassing their own freaking plan to let the military do a study and give recommendations later in the year. 

This is all about separating the twinks from their $ $ $ to the DNC just in time for November. 

Suckers (Literally)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »
seriously, who gives a flying fook if the brave person defending our nation and way of life, happens to prefer D or V.

I mean, shit... I could care less... whatever makes them happy.  They're risking their skin - and people who aren't in the military are trying to tell them what's what...

Jeez, give it a break.
let them bang whoever they want.  Hell, I think we should allow prostitution for soldiers so they can enjoy their free time a bit more when serving as well.  Let them enjoy their time with whoever they want.  I've never seen so many people who aren't serving, give a shit about legislating who a person can openly fck when in the military. 

If the military was coming to your job and telling you who you can bang, that'd be one thing.

They're not.  This issue is such a distraction for homophobic, closet cases who want to try to legislate what make the bulge in our pants tingle.  Gimme a break.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 10:31:34 AM »
And after this is done, lets see how many twinks rush to join the military.  Not going to happen.  This is a complete fucking joke meant to pander to the gullible niche group of the democrats who happen to send them tons of cash. 
again, you are accidently right. no twinks will join; just the biggest, meanest nastiest fags you've ever been afraid of; the kind that can kick your ass and tell you how to dress.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 10:56:31 AM »
Never thought about this, but it's a legit concern:

Perkins: Repealing 'don't ask, don't tell' threatens military chaplains
Posted: May 28th, 2010

From CNN's Kelly Marshall

(CNN) - Hours before the Senate Armed Services Committee passed a measure Thursday that would repeal "don't ask, don't tell," a group of pastors, priests and rabbis gathered in the Capitol to encourage lawmakers to retain the ban on gays in the military.

The group opened the press conference with prayer, asking for God to bless their efforts and to soften the hearts of senators and congressmen to their position.

Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, who co-sponsored the presser, said repealing "don't ask, don't tell" could undermine the religious liberties of those serving in the military, particularly military chaplains.

“You have over 200 sponsoring organizations that may be prevented from sponsoring chaplains because they hold orthodox Christian views that will be in conflict with what the military says is stated policy,” said Perkins.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/page/2/?fbid=54YJ106g8kS

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 11:00:10 AM »
im all for letting the G.I.'s decide.

bring it down to a vote.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 11:10:00 AM »
im all for letting the G.I.'s decide.

bring it down to a vote.

perfect solution.
I wish we could have done that with:
1. women's voting
2. owning slaves
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »
Obama doesn't care what you think Webb.

'They should not have done this,' Dem says of DADT fast track
Posted: May 30th, 2010

From CNN Associate Producer Martina Stewart

'I was really disappointed in - in the way that this process was accelerated,' Sen. Webb told CNN.

Washington (CNN) – A leading Democratic voice on military affairs has criticized members of his own party for the hurried way in which congressional Democrats and the White House are pushing through the repeal of the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy.

President Obama, Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Adm. Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have all stated their belief that the policy should be changed. In an effort to lay the groundwork to do away with “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” Gates and Mullen have commissioned a thorough survey of U.S. service members in order to ascertain how the force structure feels as a whole about having openly gay and lesbian members serving within their midst.

The results of the review will not be available until December but in an apparent acknowledgement that they may not have sufficient votes to support a repeal after this November’s midterms, the White House and Democrats on Capitol Hill moved forward last week with efforts to pass a law that would repeal the policy. The House approved the provision as part of a larger defense spending bill and the Senate Armed Services Committee also approved the measure. The legislation, if passed, would not take effect until the military’s internal review is completed; it also requires the president, Gates, and Mullen to sign off on the policy change.

Notwithstanding these measures intended to defer to the Pentagon, Sen. Jim Webb, D-Virginia, still faulted the legislative moves to fast track the repeal.

“I was really disappointed in - in the way that this process was accelerated. I was the only Democrat that voted against this in committee markup,” Webb said in an interview aired Sunday on CNN’s State of the Union.

Webb, himself a Vietnam veteran and a former Secretary of the Navy, sits on the Senate Armed Forces Committee and is the Chairman of the Armed Forces Personnel Subcommittee.

“I believe we had a process in place. And to preempt it in some ways, showed a disrespect for the people in the military,” Webb told CNN Chief Political Correspondent Candy Crowley.

“They should not have done this,” Webb added.

Webb equivocated when asked whether he thought the move to repeal the Clinton-era policy smacked of politics in advance of this November’s midterm elections.

“There are a lot of people who feel very passionately about this. I think, you know, everyone can explain their own motivations. But for me, I just think it was a bad signal to the people in the military to do it this way.”

Webb described the votes last week on Capitol Hill as “the Congress jumping ahead of the process” set up by the Pentagon to study repealing the policy.

The Virginia Democrat was so adamant in his belief that the concerns of the military not be ignored that he refused to take a position on whether the policy ought to be repealed.

“I think we should listen to the military. We should hear from the military,” he told Crowley.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/30/they-should-not-have-done-this-dem-says-of-dadt-fast-track/?fbid=54YJ106g8kS#more-106418

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 04:13:45 PM »
This nothing to do with the military and EVERYTHING to do with the dnc raising money from is usual group of gullible donors, the lgbt niche. 

The DNC needs the twinks' cash for November mid terms and thats it. 

Military be damned. 

I'll bet not one damned pink pantied twink screaming about this will join the military even if they repeal DADT. 

Its politics over all else. 

brooklynbruiser

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 04:47:19 PM »
I wonder if he knows he's going to be a one-term president, so he's trying to ram as much down the American people's throats before the gig is up? 

If that was the case, he could just go nuts with the executive orders. Then, no one could do anything. :)
Almost always, yes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 05:15:00 PM »
If that was the case, he could just go nuts with the executive orders. Then, no one could do anything. :)

Nah.  EOs that conflict with existing law would never survive. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2010, 09:49:34 AM »
This nothing to do with the military and EVERYTHING to do with the dnc raising money from is usual group of gullible donors, the lgbt niche. 

The DNC needs the twinks' cash for November mid terms and thats it. 

Military be damned. 

I'll bet not one damned pink pantied twink screaming about this will join the military even if they repeal DADT. 

Its politics over all else. 

you got that right, babe; i'm not gonna enlist ! but it will be a hoot to see who does.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2010, 04:41:23 PM »
So you prefer we make political points as opposed to what the troops themselves want and what will enable are fighting forces to be as effective as possible even knowning that many gays wont even join even if DADT is repealed?

And some of you wonder why I cant stand the gay lobby?

You have guys like HH6 and garebear out there with their lives on the line, in the mud and dirt and dodging bullets, and rather than adopting a policy that they feel is best for them, you prefer a policy solely intended to make political stunt regardless of the effect on the people actually serving? 

Unfreaking real.   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2010, 04:47:10 PM »
The baby eating, self mutilation and nudist lobby is also pushing for the equal rights of it's members in the military during the next Congressional session. Apparently, the DADT policy harms them also.

WERE HERE- WERE QUEER- GET USED TO IT!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2010, 04:56:08 PM »
The twinks dont even want to join!

This is all about destabilizing the military and raising cash for the democrats from the niche group of voters they claim to represent who donate an innordinate amount of cash to them.