Author Topic: Question regarding the selective application of religious doctrine into law  (Read 1672 times)

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
again you ASSume that the majority of ppl who are against gay marriage are so b/c of religion...

youve answered youre own question bro, if religious ppl dont make the rules in this country why would you think that all religious rules would be implemented?  ::) ::) ::)

I don't have to assume that though, it is fact.  Assumptions are like opinion, my statement is a fact.  A majority of people opposed to homosexuality are in-fact Christian and it is taught in the Bible that it is a sin.  That is the basis for anti-homosexuality laws.  Not everyone may be of that view but the majority are and it is the majority who decide laws and changes to law in a democracy.   
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
again you ASSume that the majority of ppl who are against gay marriage are so b/c of religion...

youve answered youre own question bro, if religious ppl dont make the rules in this country why would you think that all religious rules would be implemented?  ::) ::) ::)

I think you have once again missed the whole point of this thread.  You're searching to answer the question rather than discussing it.  This isn't math there is not 100% right answer. 
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
LOL at the assumption that those against gay marriage are only b/c of religion... ::)

Agree.  The entire premise is wrong. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't have to assume that though, it is fact.  Assumptions are like opinion, my statement is a fact.  A majority of people opposed to homosexuality are in-fact Christian and it is taught in the Bible that it is a sin.  That is the basis for anti-homosexuality laws.  Not everyone may be of that view but the majority are and it is the majority who decide laws and changes to law in a democracy.   
please show your proof for your statement...its the majority of ppl that create the laws yes not the majority of the public...there is a difference if it was the majority of the public the idiotic health care bill you love so much would have never passed  ;)

please show that proof

kcballer

• Getbig V
please show your proof for your statement...its the majority of ppl that create the laws yes not the majority of the public...there is a difference if it was the majority of the public the idiotic health care bill you love so much would have never passed  ;)

please show that proof

Uh US Census a majority are Christian.  A majority are opposed to homosexuality.  Not a far stretch to see the link there tony. 
Abandon every hope...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Uh US Census a majority are Christian.  A majority are opposed to homosexuality.  Not a far stretch to see the link there tony.  
LMAO hahhah so b/c the majority are christian means the fell a certain way b/c they are christian?

LMAO so the majority of ppl were against the health care bill b/c they were christian?

LMAO much like the other guy i had to straighten out what you have is a coincidence in numbers not a correlation...you have to show a connection not a coincidence...so please since you think its fact show the connection...

OTHERWISE YOURE ASSUMING!!!!!!!!!!

kcballer

• Getbig V
Oh please tony.  give me a break.  We both know christian principals are the basis for why we have anti-homosexuality laws, and the major and most vocal of those against homosexuality are christian groups in this country.  It's not an assumption it's a fact.  A fact known by anyone who actually understands this issue.  You've decided to argue semantics instead of issues.  You wanted proof i gave it to you.  Is it definitive, no.  But the correlation can be drawn once all things are considered.  Something you have failed to do and something a logical person would do on this issue. 

Once again you're arguing minor semantics and clutching for answers rather than discussing the question.  You seem unable to understand that.  Please reply when you understand this premise and have something important for or against to add relating to the discussion of the question not some rumbling about an unrelated matter to the actual question it self. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Oh please tony.  give me a break.  We both know christian principals are the basis for why we have anti-homosexuality laws, and the major and most vocal of those against homosexuality are christian groups in this country.  It's not an assumption it's a fact.  A fact known by anyone who actually understands this issue.  You've decided to argue semantics instead of issues.  You wanted proof i gave it to you.  Is it definitive, no.  But the correlation can be drawn once all things are considered.  Something you have failed to do and something a logical person would do on this issue. 

Once again you're arguing minor semantics and clutching for answers rather than discussing the question.  You seem unable to understand that.  Please reply when you understand this premise and have something important for or against to add relating to the discussion of the question not some rumbling about an unrelated matter to the actual question it self. 

Many other religions are against gays as well. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V

if its a fact than you can prove it so please do so...other wise youre ASSuming...

if its such a widely accepted fact you should be able to prove it quite easily

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

You obviously never went to law school and are utterly clueless on American history.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Many other religions are against gays as well. 

It's forbidden in Judiasm, Islam and Christianity for starters. The only religion that I can think of that is accepting of homosexuality is Buddism.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

You just mentioned the key word (although you misspelled it  ;D ): PRINCIPLES!!!

If it's about Judeo-Christian principles, then it holds that homosexuality is as wrong in 2010 A.D. as it was in 2010 B.C., regardless of the severity of the penalties, warranted by homosexual acts.  The same would hold true for rape, adultery, and theft.

I don't think you believe that rape is any less vile now than it was in ancient Biblical times, even though it's not punishable by death, as it was back then.

kcballer

• Getbig V

It's forbidden in Judiasm, Islam and Christianity for starters. The only religion that I can think of that is accepting of homosexuality is Buddism.

Are those dominant religions in America?  With enough push to mobilize millions of people?  I think not. 

You all seem to be missing the whole point.  It's not about gays vs non gays.  It's about why we have selective application of Christian principals into law and not others.  To say we don't is plain ignorance.  Christianity has influenced our laws more so than any other outside influence.  The homosexuality issue was an example.  Why must you all then think in only linear ways.  That the example must be attacked rather than the question and root of the issue discussed. 

Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
We have whatever the voters (or in some cases judicial activist courts) say we have. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Are those dominant religions in America?  With enough push to mobilize millions of people?  I think not. 

You all seem to be missing the whole point.  It's not about gays vs non gays.  It's about why we have selective application of Christian principals into law and not others.  To say we don't is plain ignorance.  Christianity has influenced our laws more so than any other outside influence.  The homosexuality issue was an example.  Why must you all then think in only linear ways.  That the example must be attacked rather than the question and root of the issue discussed. 

Because humans are selfish, greedy, manipulative, hypocritical people seemingly incapable of following the Golden Rule.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Because humans are selfish, greedy, manipulative, hypocritical people seemingly incapable of following the Golden Rule.

Like those who peddle snake oil to their fellow citizens?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Like those who peddle snake oil to their fellow citizens?

Yep, and those who manipulate situations to their advantage and have the audacity to claim things are fair
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Yep, and those who manipulate situations to their advantage and have the audacity to claim things are fair
like the health care bill and political correctness?