Author Topic: Any of you ever gone homeless before?  (Read 20822 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Any of you ever gone homeless before?
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2010, 10:56:18 AM »
Your homeless experience was degrading because you had self-pity.

Without self-pity, there is absolutely nothing degrading about it.

People choose to live that way for spiritual reasons. But if you do not have any spiritual reasons for living that way, I can can see that it might be a bit hellish.

But it's all in how you look at it.

Sorry to say you are full of shit you wouldn't know the first thing about homeless ness, as the other member said you read a book somewhere and thought yeah that sounds cool I pretend ::)
As I said - living rough and sleeping rough in a city is completly different to just taking a break with a nice cushy bankaccount you can fall back on when things get a little rough, lol i cannot even comprehend how full of shit you are.
You strip your decency and your pitty the minute you come home and your door is closed the lock is changed and the black plastic bags outside your place contain your cloth, the first night I sleept in a telephone cell by minus 10 black forest winter my friend - friends bahhh forget that, you've got no friends anymore they all turn their back to you after you ask them the second and third time to sleep in their place, money - WUSSSH gone thats it you have no income and I never begged (couldn't do it but I bet I would have done it easy in another month).
So how do you make money - you steal - I got so prudent I just walked into a cloth store took 3 jackets and walked out, you don't give a shit all you think is that you need money for a little bit of food.
You dignety is gone as soon as you are picked up by the cops and they tell you that you stink, when you try to tell them that you cannot shower since you are afraid of the fucking creeps in the homeless shelter they just laugh.
It takes a few hours to become nothing and it takes max a week to feel like nothing.

I meet so many people rough that would have begged for a difference in their life but after a year sleeping rough you are not part of the society and you are mentaly fucked, you accept your life you start drinking drugs what else.

Fuck me don't even fucking dare to tell me you know better cause you don't kiddo.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2010, 10:59:31 AM »
I tell you how and part of it is painful to think about it.

In the few month I was homeless I was hanging out in a video store were I knew the person working in quite well - greek girl (I will be forever thankful to the person her name was Elena).
One day I come in and she says there was a call for you...
This was extremly unusual since how should anybody know to call there for me? surely not my parents since they I broke of contact with them and they had no idea what happened to me.
So I answer call back, and a father of a girl called that knew me from other friends and by briefly chatting with me, I was like 17 at the time - She said she convinced her family that they have a hotel in the blackforest and they want to give me a second chance.
Completely random incredible when I think about it now.
So I get picked up and all, i get a room, I get a job (no pay cleaning dishes) but I get food and a place to stay and to start all over again - i never forget the first time sleeping in a bed after like I dunno 3 - 4 month sleeping in trains and at the end in an abandoned house in deep black forest winter in a sleeping bag (unthinkable now)
But I was a complete prick at the time and completely wreckless, things did not go well and when the woman of the house asked me to hover I found an ear ring on the ground and for some reason I took it too my room and she accused me of stealing, I cannot remember why I took it to my room but I left it on my night drawer so I wasn't intending to steal it at all I didn't even see the value in it - but she did not believe me, also the girl lend me some of her money to buy new cloth and I of course fucked it up and did not pay it back.
One day things went to far and the father talked to me (I think the mother never wanted me but the father and the kids were really decent and good people) he said i need to find a job so I was real lucky to find a job in a restaurant and that was that.

Overall I still feel real bad about that experience I got a second chance from that family and fucked it up - bitter memories - without them there would have been no end, I joined the army very shortly after that and I got straightened out.

All my life i always had people like that, people that went way way waaay beyound what they should do in order to help me and I always fucked it up somewhat :(

You could send them a letter.  They'd probably appreciate knowing that was something that helped get you back on track, even if it didn't go perfectly, and that you think of them fondly.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2010, 11:03:01 AM »
Good post Stark now why do think you always fucked things up when people were trying to help? Sounds like the universe has been taking care of you.

Probably linked to my past, my parents (biological parents) were both drug addicts and left me pretty much in their kip by myself for 2 weeks - I was starving didn't know how to sleep in a bed and all that stuff with 3 years old.
I don't want to excuse my past behaviour with my past, but I have talked to people that have a lot more brain then I have, and they have said that I dont and never will fully trust people which is something you learn when you are an infant and which I obviously did not learn.
So I pretty much expect everybody to fuck me over sooner or later.

Like I said a lot of reasons.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2010, 11:04:11 AM »
You could send them a letter.  They'd probably appreciate knowing that was something that helped get you back on track, even if it didn't go perfectly, and that you think of them fondly.

Yes I was thinking about that, I might do that, long time ago, but I guess they remember me :) after all how many times do you take a dirty 17 year old in your home :)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2010, 12:00:48 PM »
Usually i'd sneak into the showers on university or community colleges campuses.

In fact, that's one thing I tended to do a lot was stay close to college campuses, they have a lot of resources.

Sometimes I would find showers by the beach. And if none of that it available i'd just do a bucket wash.

Sometimes I bathed in a river or ocean too, but that shit was cold so I wasn't too into it. Some people did it all the time though in the icy water.

Sometimes I would just get naked in the rain.

Yes because community colleges abound out in the woods. Your shitty story is breaking down by the minute.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2010, 12:06:18 PM »
Yes because community colleges abound out in the woods. Your shitty story is breaking down by the minute.

lol the guy has been exposed to be so full of shit

Ron delete his account obviously a troll and gimmick

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2010, 02:34:42 PM »
When I was far away from towns and low on supplies I sometimes set up snares and ate whatever got caught.

Squirrels and rats.

So you went from some suburban kid to John Rambo catching and preparing squirrels and rats with your stoner hippy friends? Bullshit. You wouldn't have a damn clue how to do this without plenty of background. I doubt the ghost of Jim Morrison appeared to provide guidance either.

Did a family of Bigfoots take you in and show you how to power walk through the dense Oregon bush to all the cool colleges and universities they have hidden in there? What is the favourite course. How to avoid being filmed, 101?

The only way an internet nerd like yourself would ever get by in the streets would be via ShipSuckki. God knows that much is likely true. ;D

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »
no you werent, you just  seen ''into te wild'' and come here for attentionwhorage

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:13 PM »

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »
Sorry to say you are full of shit you wouldn't know the first thing about homeless ness, as the other member said you read a book somewhere and thought yeah that sounds cool I pretend ::)
As I said - living rough and sleeping rough in a city is completly different to just taking a break with a nice cushy bankaccount you can fall back on when things get a little rough, lol i cannot even comprehend how full of shit you are.
You strip your decency and your pitty the minute you come home and your door is closed the lock is changed and the black plastic bags outside your place contain your cloth, the first night I sleept in a telephone cell by minus 10 black forest winter my friend - friends bahhh forget that, you've got no friends anymore they all turn their back to you after you ask them the second and third time to sleep in their place, money - WUSSSH gone thats it you have no income and I never begged (couldn't do it but I bet I would have done it easy in another month).
So how do you make money - you steal - I got so prudent I just walked into a cloth store took 3 jackets and walked out, you don't give a shit all you think is that you need money for a little bit of food.
You dignety is gone as soon as you are picked up by the cops and they tell you that you stink, when you try to tell them that you cannot shower since you are afraid of the fucking creeps in the homeless shelter they just laugh.
It takes a few hours to become nothing and it takes max a week to feel like nothing.

I meet so many people rough that would have begged for a difference in their life but after a year sleeping rough you are not part of the society and you are mentaly fucked, you accept your life you start drinking drugs what else.

Fuck me don't even fucking dare to tell me you know better cause you don't kiddo.

You're just projecting your experience onto me.

You had a rough and fucked up fall into homelessness when you were a teenager and now you are all traumatized from it and it's tainted your vision.

Me, at the age of 26, decided to go homeless for an adventure. And there was no pity or anger or desperation because it was by choice and I was free to end it any time I wanted to.

It's ignorant of you to tell me that my experience must not be true. You just sound like you still still a lot of issues and emotional complexes and demons from your experience. Go to a shrink or something.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2010, 07:36:34 PM »
Ron, please shoot this useless gimmick.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2010, 07:40:28 PM »

I didn't stay in the woods 100% of the time you idiot.

Most of the time when I was in the woods I was less than a mile away from a small town with shops and stuff. I usually had a grocery store a 10 minute hike from wherever I was camped out.

I never claimed that I was living off the land all the time. Although there were a few times when I did this for a few day stints. You're just making straw man arguements.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: June 04, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
So you went from some suburban kid to John Rambo catching and preparing squirrels and rats with your stoner hippy friends? Bullshit. You wouldn't have a damn clue how to do this without plenty of background. I doubt the ghost of Jim Morrison appeared to provide guidance either.

Did a family of Bigfoots take you in and show you how to power walk through the dense Oregon bush to all the cool colleges and universities they have hidden in there? What is the favourite course. How to avoid being filmed, 101?

The only way an internet nerd like yourself would ever get by in the streets would be via ShipSuckki. God knows that much is likely true. ;D

Before I went homeless I spent about a year working on a farm in a small town of 2000 people, learning about the land. Learning hunting, gardening, trapping, and lots of other homesteading and survival skillls.

That's why I was successful at my homeless stint. Because I was ready for it and knew exactly what to do.

So I wasn't a suburban kid before I did it. Thanks for the lame straw man arguement though.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2010, 08:04:30 PM »
Sounds really interesting. I'd like to hear more. Stories, experiences. I'm all ears.

I've got too many stories to tell.

Being homeless in Oregon is really mellow and easy. You run into other young homless people all the time and they wil help you at and hang out with you. Most of them are really young, like late teens and early 20s and most of them are counter-culture like punk, hippies, whatever.

Since I was 26, a little older, I usually got respect and nobody fucked with me much. And I knew when to get really serious when someone was challenging me, so I never had any big problems. I did see some fights and robbings and stuff. But usually they happened because someone was talking shit or someone did something stupid or whatever.

I went down to SoCal at the end and it was different there. Lots of hard drugs like Heroin, crack, meth, etc. More hardcore and more violent. same thing in Arizona.

In Oregon and Northern cali it was like a fun camping trip, down in the southwest it was more brutal.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #140 on: June 04, 2010, 08:37:49 PM »
This fag is a straight up liar.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #141 on: June 04, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »
Ron, please shoot this useless gimmick.

Quoted for truth.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »
 Only on GetBig would I have two guys with pictures of oiled up musclemen in thongs on their avatars teaming up on me and calling me a "fag".

Dripping with irony.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2010, 09:05:03 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2010, 09:16:58 PM »
Waiting for an unsuspecting squirrel or rat to wander by!! ;)

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2010, 10:19:45 PM »
Because he canceled his lease and went on an interesting trip
he was technically homeless.
If he kept the lease and paid the rent on his room,
while out camping it would be a low budget
vacation adventure.
I dont understand why people go off and melt here.
Like jb181 posted a pic when he was on his lifetime peak.
Dov melted and cursed because Jbs181's peak was 10years ago.
Read and relax, posters have hysterical breakdowns like women here.
B

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
Hey big14, thanks man! Yeah, I thought that reaction was a bit extreme myself. And Ship, don't worry about what these other fellas say on here man. As they say "Live and let live."

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2010, 12:16:33 AM »
This is a good discusssion; obviously a lot of us differentiate between houseless and homeless.  Like SS, I find comfort leaving the pursuits of the material world behind and spending the night in a tent or my own debris hut/shelter in the forest.  I'm not at the stage where I feel ready to go totally homeless as some would call it, but I could see myself going houseless for some time in the future maybe.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: June 05, 2010, 12:54:19 AM »
 In two years when I move back to the USA I plan on travelling all over the country. I'll try to hit at least 25 or 30 states. I can't wait :)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: June 05, 2010, 05:21:59 AM »
In two years when I move back to the USA I plan on travelling all over the country. I'll try to hit at least 25 or 30 states. I can't wait :)

If you make it through border control ::)