Author Topic: Any of you ever gone homeless before?  (Read 20807 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Any of you ever gone homeless before?
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 10:34:56 PM »
::)
ok then ShipSekki might be right about the whole "ignorant, low-class, non-intellectual, low i.q. white trash kind of guy" thing.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 10:39:05 PM »
My home in the USA is California. What about you?

Yeah, mine too and funny thing is you probably already know that since I don't keep my identity a secret like most cowards on here. You're the type of person who would talk shit behind a keyboard (al la Hi Texan) and wouldn't say shit to my face. But this IS the internet where everyone is a bad ass.

What part of California are you from?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 10:40:46 PM »
Yeah, mine too and funny thing is you probably already know that since I don't keep my identity a secret like most cowards on here. You're the type of person who would talk shit behind a keyboard (al la Hi Texan) and wouldn't say shit to my face. But this IS the internet where everyone is a bad ass.

::) Im from texas fuckhead. ::) Come down anytime. 8)
and i didnt say shit about you. ::) ::) you little soapy stud lover
A

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 10:41:50 PM »

San Diego.

Wanna say hi to me over there?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »
::) Im from texas fuckhead. ::) Come down anytime. 8)

haha, yeah, I'll just ask around to see if anyone knows "HTexan" hahaha.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
San Diego.

Wanna say hi to me over there?

I'm about 100 miles from you. Didn't you say you USED to live in San Diego but you're in Europe now? Make up your mind son.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
Come on Ship, you weren't truly homeless, you had your van and money in the bank man. It was more like an extended low expenses vacation than homelessness.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 10:51:01 PM »
All you guys who were 'homeless' but 'weren't broke.'  ::)  That's called travelling.  And yes, I've done that.  Also been broke on the bones of my ass in London, yet wasn't homeless.

No money, no roof, no food?  No thanks.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 10:51:46 PM »
I'm about 100 miles from you. Didn't you say you USED to live in San Diego but you're in Europe now? Make up your mind son.

I'm in Asia. San Diego is where my home in the US is. I visit there about once a year, someday i'll move back.

Wanna meet somewhere and get your ass beat? What city you in? Bakersfield? Barstow?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 10:54:54 PM »
Come on Ship, you weren't truly homeless, you had your van and money in the bank man. It was more like an extended low expenses vacation than homelessness.

For the last 3 months I was really homeless. I had the money but wasn't spending it. And was living the homeless life in just about every single way. I met many other homeless people, some of them totally broke, and I was living on the same level as them.

It was the real thing for sure.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:30 PM »
I'm in Asia. San Diego is where my home in the US is. I visit there about once a year, someday i'll move back.

Wanna meet somewhere and get your ass beat? What city you in? Bakersfield? Barstow?

Love too, Huntington Beach to be exact, been here for 25 years. Feel free to come down and "beat my ass" I'd be happy to get in on video and post it up here.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »

Tell Kim Jong Ill he's a midget fag and his hair makes him look like a bigger queer.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
For the last 3 months I was really homeless. I had the money but wasn't spending it. And was living the homeless life in just about every single way. I met many other homeless people, some of them totally broke, and I was living on the same level as them.

It was the real thing for sure.

Having money to fall back on is not the same as not having money to fall back on. 

I bet they would have beat your ass if they found out you were just a white boy playing homeless.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #63 on: June 04, 2010, 12:32:41 AM »
True homelessness as normal people think of it is when you don't have and money, income or residence and can't find any friends or family who will let you stay at their place. Choosing to be homeless has a completely different vibe.

Do you get it?

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2010, 12:44:23 AM »
True homelessness as normal people think of it is when you don't have and money, income or residence and can't find any friends or family who will let you stay at their place. Choosing to be homeless has a completely different vibe.

Do you get it?

Some of you all think that "real homlessness" means being totally broke and fucked.

There's no such thing as "real homelessness" though. There's just homeless, or not homeless.

Most homeless people do have someone or something to turn to. They just choose not to for whatever reason. I met many homeless people who had hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank. Who left high paying jobs. Who had family members they could stay with, etc. I met other who made lots of money doing odd jobs, selling drugs, or whatever and made tens of thousands of dollars but they simply chose to be homeless.

If you're liviing without a home. Sleeping outside. Living on dollars per day. You're homeless. It depends how you define homelessness I guess.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2010, 12:46:05 AM »
Cool, thanks for the insight.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2010, 12:46:17 AM »
Having money to fall back on is not the same as not having money to fall back on. 

I bet they would have beat your ass if they found out you were just a white boy playing homeless.

Nobody would beat my ass for anything. With almost everybody I met I was totally honest about who I was and what I was doing. Nobody gives a fuck. Many of them were doing the same shit.

The kind of homeless people who were totally down and out, angry and fucked in the head were the ones who I avoided anyway.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »
Hmm let's see, certified moron who is apparently now a college graduate willingly went homeless and lived in the woods of oregon for several months with *with* thousands of dollars in the bank.

Why didn't you use said thousands of dollars to fix what was probably a small problem with your van? Also, you do realize the backwoods of oregon are freezing fucking cold and it's pouring rain 9/10 days out of the year? So, to be clear here, your van went down and instead of fixing it you hiked right into easily the coldest and most uncomfortable part of the united states and stayed there for several months. When did you become a survivalist? Do you even realize how incredibly tough and uncomfortable living like that is? What were you eating? How were you keeping warm/dry and clothed?

Again, why didn't you fix the van? And now, you live where again? And work what job that allows you to post 24/7 for what has been several months now?

I smell BULLSHIT. I smell a poor indian who lives with a rich uncle who probably molests him and sits on getbig all day fantasizing about the life he wishes he could live. If we ever really saw sekki, he's probably EVEN SKINNIER than what we have seen any walks funny due to a perforated rectum. I feel bad for ya bro, I really do, but these stories have to end. Noone is buying into your bullshit.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2010, 12:49:50 AM »
Some of you all think that "real homlessness" means being totally broke and fucked.

There's no such thing as "real homelessness" though. There's just homeless, or not homeless.

Most homeless people do have someone or something to turn to. They just choose not to for whatever reason. I met many homeless people who had hundreds of thousands of dollars in the bank. Who left high paying jobs. Who had family members they could stay with, etc. I met other who made lots of money doing odd jobs, selling drugs, or whatever and made tens of thousands of dollars but they simply chose to be homeless.

If you're liviing without a home. Sleeping outside. Living on dollars per day. You're homeless. It depends how you define homelessness I guess.
Dude just stop. I would bet damn near anything you have never met anybody with hundreds of thousands in the bank let alone a vagrant wandering around oregon. Or, at least let's admit you are stupid enough to believe these people...

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2010, 01:00:40 AM »
Hmm let's see, certified moron who is apparently now a college graduate willingly went homeless and lived in the woods of oregon for several months with *with* thousands of dollars in the bank.

Why didn't you use said thousands of dollars to fix what was probably a small problem with your van? Also, you do realize the backwoods of oregon are freezing fucking cold and it's pouring rain 9/10 days out of the year? So, to be clear here, your van went down and instead of fixing it you hiked right into easily the coldest and most uncomfortable part of the united states and stayed there for several months. When did you become a survivalist? Do you even realize how incredibly tough and uncomfortable living like that is? What were you eating? How were you keeping warm/dry and clothed?

Again, why didn't you fix the van? And now, you live where again? And work what job that allows you to post 24/7 for what has been several months now?

I smell BULLSHIT. I smell a poor indian who lives with a rich uncle who probably molests him and sits on getbig all day fantasizing about the life he wishes he could live. If we ever really saw sekki, he's probably EVEN SKINNIER than what we have seen any walks funny due to a perforated rectum. I feel bad for ya bro, I really do, but these stories have to end. Noone is buying into your bullshit.

I didn't fix my van because it was a very expensive repair. And it was a cheap old van with other problems, so it wasn't worth it. When the transmission is fucked an an old vehicle, it's best to just sell it usually.

Also, like I said before, I WANTED to be homeless.

In Oregon I slept in a hiking tent I had. I'd put straw under it to keep it dry and put a thick blanket over the top for warmth. I also had a very,very thick arctic sleeping bag. It was warm enough. For food and shit like that I hiked into nearby towns or went to stores on the road. I learned a lot about wild plants and stuff and ate them. I even snared some animals.

I barely spenty any money. I made money selling necklaces I made. Worked some "agriculture" jobs. And did other shit.

There's nothing unbelievable about it. Go to Northern Cali or Oregon and you'll find thousands of people doing the exact same thing. And they all hang out with each other, help each oter, and watch out for it's other. It's a huge, deeply rooted homeless culture of hippies, punks and stoners.

If you've never been to that area you probably don't understand it at all.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2010, 01:02:32 AM »
Homeless with hundreds of thousands saved up in the bank? Come on man! But one thing I can say, most of your posts are highly entertaining.

ShipSekki

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2010, 01:03:11 AM »
Dude just stop. I would bet damn near anything you have never met anybody with hundreds of thousands in the bank let alone a vagrant wandering around oregon. Or, at least let's admit you are stupid enough to believe these people...

There are lots of guys like that. They would say shit like "I sold my house and said goodbye to it all."

I'd say. "So you have money from selling the house then?

And they'd say yes.

And these guys never begged or hustled for money, they just had the money.

You are pretty ignorant about the world if you don;t know about these kinds of people. Lots of dirty bumbs you see are just like this.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2010, 01:03:42 AM »
I was once homeless for 6 months. It was by choice. I didn't go broke or have anything terrible happen to me, I just chose to be homeless to see what the life was like, to have adventure, and to shake things up from the boring and dull life I was living.

It goes down as the most interesting, exciting, fun and memorable time in my life. I plan on working for a couple more years, then i'm gonna return to that lifestyle.

Any of you ever done it before?

Bollox complete and utter bollox you were not homeless, you may choose to be houseless, but homeless means so much more than just making the decission to live life like a beachbum.

I was homeless for 3 month of my life and when I mean homeless I don't mean like you which is of course fun when you have a bankaccount that isn't empty ::) - I was homeless no food  no place to stay no money, nothing ok?
And you are the biggest douchbag if you think it is fun, so let me pop that bubble over your head so I can make you come back to reality, its extremly degrading and unbelievable hurtful, it is not fun and nobody in his right mind would choose to live like that.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2010, 01:06:28 AM »
I didn't fix my van because it was a very expensive repair. And it was a cheap old van with other problems, so it wasn't worth it. When the transmission is fucked an an old vehicle, it's best to just sell it usually.

Also, like I said before, I WANTED to be homeless.

In Oregon I slept in a hiking tent I had. I'd put straw under it to keep it dry and put a thick blanket over the top for warmth. I also had a very,very thick arctic sleeping bag. It was warm enough. For food and shit like that I hiked into nearby towns or went to stores on the road. I learned a lot about wild plants and stuff and ate them. I even snared some animals.

I barely spenty any money. I made money selling necklaces I made. Worked some "agriculture" jobs. And did other shit.

There's nothing unbelievable about it. Go to Northern Cali or Oregon and you'll find thousands of people doing the exact same thing. And they all hang out with each other, help each oter, and watch out for it's other. It's a huge, deeply rooted homeless culture of hippies, punks and stoners.

If you've never been to that area you probably don't understand it at all.

As I said, there is a huge difference between living like a hippie and beachbum and being actually homeless - I let you figure that shit out for your self, but I bet you were never that long on the road - 6 month - you are lying I bet you are.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2010, 01:22:50 AM »
Bollox complete and utter bollox you were not homeless, you may choose to be houseless, but homeless means so much more than just making the decission to live life like a beachbum.

I was homeless for 3 month of my life and when I mean homeless I don't mean like you which is of course fun when you have a bankaccount that isn't empty ::) - I was homeless no food  no place to stay no money, nothing ok?
And you are the biggest douchbag if you think it is fun, so let me pop that bubble over your head so I can make you come back to reality, its extremly degrading and unbelievable hurtful, it is not fun and nobody in his right mind would choose to live like that.

How did you get out of being homeless, were there social services that helped?