Author Topic: Drinking w Bob - The Official Thread  (Read 32904 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Drinking w Bob - The Official Thread
« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2011, 06:37:57 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: November 21, 2011, 06:08:06 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2011, 05:20:40 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: December 03, 2011, 06:53:36 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2011, 09:03:32 AM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »

Good points.  He's right about Ron Paul bringing real change, but way off about him being the leading contender. 

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2011, 09:53:02 AM »
Good points.  He's right about Ron Paul bringing real change, but way off about him being the leading contender. 

Look at Ron Paul's poll numbers in Iowa... statistically tied for first with Newt and the ONLY candidate who could go head-to-head with Obama in Iowa TODAY and win. Ron Paul has the truth and the best organization on his side. What he lacks, IMO, is funding to sufficiently mobilize his organization in all the states.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: December 15, 2011, 09:55:01 AM »
Look at Ron Paul's poll numbers in Iowa... statistically tied for first with Newt and the ONLY candidate who could go head-to-head with Obama in Iowa TODAY and win. Ron Paul has the truth and the best organization on his side. What he lacks, IMO, is funding to sufficiently mobilize his organization in all the states.

What RP has that newt or myth does not have is the scandal and "ick" factor.  RP is also trustworthy and not a sleaze machine.     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: December 15, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »

Ron Paul is doing well in Iowa because he has spent a great deal of time and money there and Romney has not. 

What's more significant is Ron Paul's numbers outside of Iowa and NH.  He isn't going anywhere.  He's not a legitimate contender for the nomination.

We saw the same thing in 2008:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=394271.0

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
Ron Paul is doing well in Iowa because he has spent a great deal of time and money there and Romney has not. 

What's more significant is Ron Paul's numbers outside of Iowa and NH.  He isn't going anywhere.  He's not a legitimate contender for the nomination.

We saw the same thing in 2008:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=394271.0

You're making some definite claims... How much has Ron Paul spent in Iowa and NH? How much has Romney spent? How much has Ron Paul spent in the other states and nationally? How much has Romney spent?

I think you'll find that Ron Paul has a funding issue...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: December 15, 2011, 10:32:09 AM »
You're making some definite claims... How much has Ron Paul spent in Iowa and NH? How much has Romney spent? How much has Ron Paul spent in the other states and nationally? How much has Romney spent?

I think you'll find that Ron Paul has a funding issue...

I don't know precisely how much each candidate has spent in Iowa.  What I do know is Ron Paul has spent a lot of time and money in Iowa.  I also know from speaking with someone who works with the Romney campaign that Romney basically conceded Iowa a long time ago.  He has not been on the ground much at all in Iowa.  

Ron Paul has a funding issue.  He has a popularity issue.  He has a foreign policy issue.  His ceiling nationwide is about ten percent.  He's at ten percent now, which is about the highest he has been during the entire campaign.  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html  

If you want to truly gauge the depth of his support, just look at his home state and how performed there in 2008.  

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: December 15, 2011, 10:38:04 AM »
2008 can't compare, since Ron Paul has been working on his organization since then. Has Ron Paul spent a lot of time and money in Iowa? Yes. But it's paying off; he's tied for first. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the money that Romney has, that's why he can't run a national campaign and garner more votes in national polls.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: December 15, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »
2008 can't compare, since Ron Paul has been working on his organization since then. Has Ron Paul spent a lot of time and money in Iowa? Yes. But it's paying off; he's tied for first. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the money that Romney has, that's why he can't run a national campaign and garner more votes in national polls.

I agree he's definitely more organized and more popular today than 2008, but the comparison is still valid.  He didn't win a single primary in 2008 and did pretty poorly in his home state:

McCain:  697,767 votes
Huck:  518,002 votes
Paul:  66,360

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=TX

That can't be ignored. 

And his problem isn't just money. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #213 on: December 15, 2011, 10:55:34 AM »

You RP fans are blind.....the guy is nuts. His foreign policy is beyond suicidal and his domestic agenda will never get through Congress. I don't see many in the house backing this guy on anything. The Dems won't allow him to dismantle the gov like he wants to.
L

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #214 on: December 15, 2011, 10:57:26 AM »
You RP fans are blind.....the guy is nuts. His foreign policy is beyond suicidal and his domestic agenda will never get through Congress. I don't see many in the house backing this guy on anything. The Dems won't allow him to dismantle the gov like he wants to.

His foreign policy is the only foreign policy that isn't suicidal. All the other Republican candidates are leading us down the path to destruction.

As for his domestic policy and Congress, so what? He'd still do a better job of shrinking the government than any other GOP candidate.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: December 15, 2011, 11:00:49 AM »
I agree he's definitely more organized and more popular today than 2008, but the comparison is still valid.  He didn't win a single primary in 2008 and did pretty poorly in his home state:

McCain:  697,767 votes
Huck:  518,002 votes
Paul:  66,360

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=TX

That can't be ignored. 

And his problem isn't just money. 

His organization is literally a hundred times more developed now than it was in '08... trust me, I'm a member of his Campaign for Liberty. I've seen it first hand. It's like he's developed sleeper cells of voters and political activists all over the country. What he lacks now is sufficient funding to turn his campaign national.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: December 15, 2011, 11:04:16 AM »
U don't get it....he won't to do any of it. Domestically he'll be blocked....any defense measures he wants to really cut...jobs/industry...the dems and repubs will be butt fucking each other they'll be so close together to defeat that. Nothing happens...he's a nut.

Ask yourself why he doens't have any money....the GOP knows he's a nutcase. They know full well Obama will beat him. RP hasn't faced any scutiny yet. Just wait, there won;t be any Fox News to be sympathetic to his side...all the left wing media will destroy him and all the pundits on the Right will do the same.
L

howardroark

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: December 15, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »
U don't get it....he won't to do any of it. Domestically he'll be blocked....any defense measures he wants to really cut...jobs/industry...the dems and repubs will be butt fucking each other they'll be so close together to defeat that. Nothing happens...he's a nut.

So you think that the dems and republicans will work together to expand government? And you think a Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich will change this how, exactly?

Ask yourself why he doens't have any money....the GOP knows he's a nutcase. They know full well Obama will beat him.

He doesn't have money because special interest groups aren't interested in his free market policies.

RP hasn't faced any scutiny yet. Just wait, there won;t be any Fox News to be sympathetic to his side...all the left wing media will destroy him and all the pundits on the Right will do the same.

Ron Paul has faced more scrutiny than any other Republican candidate. Scrutiny has been 90% of the coverage about him since '07.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: December 15, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »
OH yeah.....just wait. RP gets dismissed out of hand....wait until all they have nothing else to do but blast him. The dems and repubs aren't going to allow him to cut even more jobs.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: December 15, 2011, 11:14:35 AM »
His organization is literally a hundred times more developed now than it was in '08... trust me, I'm a member of his Campaign for Liberty. I've seen it first hand. It's like he's developed sleeper cells of voters and political activists all over the country. What he lacks now is sufficient funding to turn his campaign national.

It's not just about funding.  It's about his overall presentation (and campaigns are beauty contests) and his lack of support within the Republican Party.  I doubt he has funding issues that are any more problematic than Newt or Cain, but Cain left him in the dust before imploding and Newt has done the same.  If it was just about funding then Huntsman would be at the head of the pack with Romney. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2011, 11:22:41 AM »
Beach...does RP come off sort of whiny to you in the debates? This is not a a good look.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »
Beach...does RP come off sort of whiny to you in the debates? This is not a a good look.

Here is my thought: 

Vote your heart in the primary

A B O in the general.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2011, 11:27:35 AM »

Absolutely.  That's part of his problem.  His delivery is pretty bad. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2011, 11:38:25 AM »
He was just on Fox....sounded fine but debate time he just looks confused...which I don't think he is...and then he sorta whines. The bottom line for me is while I'm a hard core conservative in most area's, we're a center right country and Mitt is about what represents that. Newt has some great ideas..but he's nuts and undisciplined.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: December 15, 2011, 11:50:09 AM »
He was just on Fox....sounded fine but debate time he just looks confused...which I don't think he is...and then he sorta whines. The bottom line for me is while I'm a hard core conservative in most area's, we're a center right country and Mitt is about what represents that. Newt has some great ideas..but he's nuts and undisciplined.

Here is something I said over two years ago:

Had zero to do with him not winning a single primary.  Fox News doesn't have the power to create or eliminate a legitimate presidential candidate.  His problems are much deeper than Fox News.  He doesn't have the charisma or public persona to win a presidential election.  He comes across as whiny when he debates.  He doesn't appear very likeable.  His delivery when making speeches is not very good.  I know that is all about form over substance, but form over substance is what is largely responsible for our current president.  If he could give speeches like Obama he would have done much better.