Author Topic: Do you believe in ghosts or the parnormal?  (Read 9663 times)

TEsticles

• Getbig II
Re: Do you believe in ghosts or the parnormal?
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2010, 10:33:52 AM »
i am happy to say that ghosts are real! i am content cause i know that santa wouldn't lie to me......

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »
Pure nonsense to me this day and age.  I wish i could believe in them, but as a rational person who is pretty educated, how can you believe in such things. 

There were times when i was young where i wanted nothing more to see some level of spiritual activity, in hopes that that also means there is a god, but never went anywhere.

I have...HAVE...as a teen and early 20something yr old, gone to cemeteries with friends to play Ouija board.  Gone to most haunted (sopposedly REAL haunted) houses in Galveston and Houston at one time or another and stayed in the "sopposed" haunted rooms.  Gone to Gettysburg at night time (one of the most haunted places in the US), and other random ass things in the attempts to find some real sign....just a damn sign...of the paranormal and never got a damn thing. 

I now find it all silly, but as a young adult, sure was curious and wanted so much to believe in them.   
i had a very similar experience to you. from a very young age ive always tried everything i could in order to have contact with the supernatural. i would even pray and think and yell for the devil to come take my soul, all i wanted in return was the knowledge of the supernatural.

the problem is, you want to "grab God by the balls".. and thats something you will never be able to do.  ;)

youve got to drop your ego

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 09:35:29 PM »
We’ve arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements- transportation, communication, and all other industries; agriculture, medicine, education, entertainment, protecting the environment; and even the key democratic institution of voting- profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things, so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for awhile, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.

…For much of our history, we were so fearful of the outside world, with it’s unpredictable dangers, that we gladly embraced anything that promised to soften or explain away the terror. Science is an attempt, largely successful to understand the world, to get a grip on things, to get a hold of ourselves. To steer a safe course. Microbiology, and meteorology now explain what only a few centuries ago was considered sufficient cause to burn women to death.

Avoidable human misery is more often caused by not so much by stupidity, but by ignorance, particularly ignorance about ourselves. I worry that, especially as the Millennium edges near, pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us - then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

- Carl Sagan

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2010, 06:05:59 AM »
True Anus is a queer.......boooooooo

Wow that was scary!
X

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2010, 08:14:48 AM »
Call these guys.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2010, 08:26:40 AM »
We’ve arranged a global civilization in which most crucial elements- transportation, communication, and all other industries; agriculture, medicine, education, entertainment, protecting the environment; and even the key democratic institution of voting- profoundly depend on science and technology. We have also arranged things, so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for awhile, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.

…For much of our history, we were so fearful of the outside world, with it’s unpredictable dangers, that we gladly embraced anything that promised to soften or explain away the terror. Science is an attempt, largely successful to understand the world, to get a grip on things, to get a hold of ourselves. To steer a safe course. Microbiology, and meteorology now explain what only a few centuries ago was considered sufficient cause to burn women to death.

Avoidable human misery is more often caused by not so much by stupidity, but by ignorance, particularly ignorance about ourselves. I worry that, especially as the Millennium edges near, pseudoscience and superstition will seem year by year more tempting, the siren song of unreason more sonorous and attractive. Where have we heard it before? Whenever our ethnic or national prejudices are aroused, in times of scarcity, during challenges to national self-esteem or nerve, when we agonize about our diminished cosmic place and purpose, or when fanaticism is bubbling up around us - then, habits of thought familiar from ages past reach for the controls. The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

- Carl Sagan
Carl Sagan! Ha Ha Ha!!!!   True Adufus is one of the more embarrassing tools here. I find him rather disturbing.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2010, 09:27:06 AM »
Carl Sagan! Ha Ha Ha!!!!   True Adufus is one of the more embarrassing tools here. I find him rather disturbing.

What is humorous regarding quoting Carl Sagan?

Your ignorance is showing.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2010, 09:33:01 AM »
fuck me sideways it must be true if adonis puts something in caps and even goes as far as changing the font color ;)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »
these video's are not explainable by medical means, they aren't "mentally ill" people.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:13 AM »
here's another "strange" video you can't explain by physics, the men slising their tongues are using real and sharp knifes and they don't get any bruises...

the "ancestors" that they claim that are protecting them by harming them selves aren't their ancestors, that's bullshit... if your soul is at peace you never communicate with the outside world. These men have a very light posession by demons, because you can't explain that act by physics.

You can explain breaking bricks, breaking walls and breaking bones and lifting trucks by physics, but not this.

My oppinion to all of this?

no comment, yet anyway

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2010, 10:01:47 AM »
these video's are not explainable by medical means, they aren't "mentally ill" people.

again, what the fuck are you talking about..........what is NOT explainable about those videos.......people who are obviously mentally ill grunting and lashing out.........crazy people do shit like that all the time........does not mean they are possessed by the devil you melodramatic turd ::) ::)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »

again, what the fuck are you talking about..........what is NOT explainable about those videos.......people who are obviously mentally ill grunting and lashing out.........crazy people do shit like that all the time........does not mean they are possessed by the devil you melodramatic turd ::) ::)

yeah homo, I didn't say they were  ::), but supposingly these people felt like nothing happent and totally normal after wards.

but I agree there's so many things that would seem real that are a hoax in reality.. like gravity etc.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2010, 11:39:32 AM »
I would say you are English too, but your username is HTexan.

I didn't know Paddington bear is also sold in the US, always thought it was exclusively British!
Fuck you I'm not a Brit  >:(
Paddington bear was sold in the us.
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »
Fuck you I'm not a Brit  >:(
Paddington bear was sold in the us.
;D ANd his show came on PBS

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2010, 02:50:11 AM »
I would say you are English too, but your username is HTexan.

I didn't know Paddington bear is also sold in the US, always thought it was exclusively British!

I had a good stack of Bond books when I was growing up (in the US).  A lot of humor isn't accessible to American kids tho.  I remember a passage from Paddington Goes to Town that was lost on me at the time.  Paddington goes to see a psychiatrist and enrages the shrink by repeatedly asking the guy when he's going to perform some tricks on a bicycle.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2010, 03:05:17 AM »
I had a good stack of Bond books when I was growing up (in the US).  A lot of humor isn't accessible to American kids tho.  I remember a passage from Paddington Goes to Town that was lost on me at the time.  Paddington goes to see a psychiatrist and enrages the shrink by repeatedly asking the guy when he's going to perform some tricks on a bicycle.
LOL, now I'm gonna be on a Paddington kick now.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2010, 03:11:05 AM »
LOL, now I'm gonna be on a Paddington kick now.
Lets get him over here posting the dude would be causing meltdowns left and right.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2010, 03:13:44 AM »
Lol.  "That bear's got a mean streak."

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2010, 03:36:27 AM »
But da pooh bear is as cool as they get, "No Worries" is his creed :D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2010, 11:52:12 AM »
wow a lot of self proclaimed "realists" believe in ghosts ???

E
E

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
But da pooh bear is as cool as they get, "No Worries" is his creed :D
As long as Pooh had his honey, he was okay. Pooh was the type that if Gopher hit Eyore (sp) over the head with a shovel, and ripped out his stuffing and then kidnapped Roo, while giving Tigger "uppers", he would do nothing and sit and eat honey. Unless it benefited Pooh, he couldn't give shit...somehow it seems like that was a jab at the British Empire.

Yeah, Mr. nobody if Paddington posted he would cause marmalade induced meltdowns in everybody.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #96 on: June 17, 2010, 11:46:24 PM »
;D ANd his show came on PBS
And VHS ;D
A