Author Topic: Suggestions for prevention of sweating through shirt  (Read 2290 times)

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Suggestions for prevention of sweating through shirt
« on: June 21, 2010, 06:52:22 AM »
Here's the issue.  I am getting married next month and it is likely to be very warm.

I really dislike wearing t-shirts under dress shirts because (1) it looks like shit and (2) it feels like shit.  However, because of this, I have a tendencey to turn white shirts translucent due to sweat soaking through.  Obviously this would not be good on a wedding day.

I was thinking of getting some kind of tight Under Armour shirt.  Something that would not cause a bulk look like a t-shirt but would provide that extra level of absorbtion.  I know the technology is supposed to pull the sweat away from your skin, but does that mean it will leech through and soak my tux shirt anyways? What type of UA shirt would work best?

If you guys could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Suggestions for prevention of sweating through shirt
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:08:41 AM »
Get off the juice T3 clen, makes you sweat like crazy. ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:23:04 AM »
Surely you'll be wearing a jacket during the ceremony?  Just bring a few changes of shirt for the reception.  Or consider a venue with air con.  That's all I've got.  Except:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 07:41:04 AM »
Here's the issue.  I am getting married next month and it is likely to be very warm.

I really dislike wearing t-shirts under dress shirts because (1) it looks like shit and (2) it feels like shit.  However, because of this, I have a tendencey to turn white shirts translucent due to sweat soaking through.  Obviously this would not be good on a wedding day.

I was thinking of getting some kind of tight Under Armour shirt.  Something that would not cause a bulk look like a t-shirt but would provide that extra level of absorbtion.  I know the technology is supposed to pull the sweat away from your skin, but does that mean it will leech through and soak my tux shirt anyways? What type of UA shirt would work best?

If you guys could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Bad idea to get a sports undershirt.  It will absorb the sweat and bead it to the top and your dress shirt will suck it up and stain through.  Stick with a tight fitting cotton/spandex blend.  Target actually sells awesome ones from 2xist and they are cotton and tight fitting, you can't even tell that you have an undershirt on.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 07:46:37 AM »
Wear a wetsuit under there.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:52:20 AM »
Drink a shitload of whiskey the night before the wedding.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:01:04 AM »
skip the wedding.  head to strip club.

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 08:03:39 AM »
600 mg DNP should do ya

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 08:10:53 AM »
Just wear a wife beater and be sure to keep your fly down,  if you want to be fancy just drip some pizza sauce on the shirt. 

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 08:29:23 AM »
Dont wear a shirt.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 08:31:17 AM »

End of thread.

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
Surely you'll be wearing a jacket during the ceremony?  Just bring a few changes of shirt for the reception.  Or consider a venue with air con.  That's all I've got.  Except:

This was my original idea, but when I went to get fitted for a tux, they didn't have anything that even came close to accomodating my shape (46-48" chest, 32" waist), and they refused to tailor a rental.  I ended up having to buy the tux and a tux shirt and have everything altered.  Fuck fat America.  So now I have only one tux shirt that needs to last through the ceremony, photos outside :P, and then the reception.

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 10:35:44 AM »
Bad idea to get a sports undershirt.  It will absorb the sweat and bead it to the top and your dress shirt will suck it up and stain through.  Stick with a tight fitting cotton/spandex blend.  Target actually sells awesome ones from 2xist and they are cotton and tight fitting, you can't even tell that you have an undershirt on.

I'll check this out.  Are they decent right out of the package, or should I wash it a few times first?

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »

This will probably be necessary anyways to cope with the end of my life as I know it - but it will definitely make me sweat worse.

erokyrwrld

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 10:37:27 AM »

Best suggestion yet  ;D

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »
do some intense cardio days out. Sure you'll be dehydrated to all be damned ,run the risk of body temp overload resulting in a heat stroke, but I promise you...you won't sweat a lick.

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 05:01:39 PM »
You might want to check with a doctor about getting Drysol. It works great. I have the same problem as you with sweating. Drysol is a liquid with a sponge tip applicator. The instructions say to apply to armpits at night and then put plastic wrap around your shoulders covering your armpits. I found that it's easy and works better to just dap a small amount on each armpit and rub it in with you hands. make sure you wash your hands off with soap. Just do this for 2-3 nights and you'll find that your not sweating and you'll get to the point that you only have to apply once a week if that. it can cause some skin irritation so that's why you want to just use a little at night. The doctor that prescibed it to me said that he's never had anyone who used it that it didn't work on. Much better than doing the trendy botox to the armpits!

dustin

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 05:23:49 PM »
Hah, I was worrying about the same thing - wedding is August 21st, BTW.

Drysol works great. I'm on test, tren and T3 and I'm not sweating like a pig anymore. I just put some on before bed after my evening shower and I'm dry as a bone. When I work out, I sweat normally which is good, but I don't sweat just sitting there. I used to sweat even when not using drugs and it was very nasty. I hate soaking in dress pants and a dress shirt. Hated interviews and wearing suits at work too, fucking BLOWS.

Even though I just use it on my arm pits I sweat a lot less, but still a healthy amount. That was my only concern. For paranoia and safety concerns I do huge bouts of morning cardio, fasted and wearing a sweat suit. I sweat when I need to but not when I don't. Feels so good!!!!

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
I will always wear a vest under any shirt. Just a lightly coloured cotton one. That way the sweat at least does not show through.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 05:31:53 PM »
Keep drinking very chilled drinks to keep you body temp down.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 05:33:28 PM »
Would that not increase your metabolism?

Body has to work to warm the cold water

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 05:37:50 PM »
get married in the winter

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »
If anyone notices your sweat patch and points and laughs, rip off the shirt, set yourself in to a front double bi and challenge him to a posedown.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 05:45:19 PM »
Would that not increase your metabolism?

Body has to work to warm the cold water
Ive read if you do it a few times a day it'll take down roughly 100 calories. So i'd imagine it doesn't too much. But if you're drinking a lot of chilled liquids it'll keep you cooler.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 09:16:25 PM »

This is a good idea even without the sweating problem. :D