Author Topic: Dana White on Fedor...  (Read 10083 times)

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
Re: Dana White on Fedor...
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 11:08:58 AM »

Fedor is smart, and no matter how skilled you are, it is impossible to match up with guys like Carwin and Brock who weigh a lean 290+lbs in the ring and are skilled athletes, when he is a fat 225. They are not as technical as Fedor, but simple physics will tell you that the odds are slim for Fedor against these monsters.

Fedor beat guys in pride who were WAY bigger and much more skilled than lesnar or carwin.  Your point, as usual, is full of shit.
I dont like twinks.

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 11:13:10 AM »
The most over-hyped MMA fighter of all time...

Hey Horseface, I'm still waiting on a response on how Hong Man Choi earned a chance at Fedor.

I will give you an explanation as soon as you give me one on how lesnar earned a chance at couture.
I dont like twinks.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 11:22:00 AM »
He should come to the UFC where he can literally make tens of thousands of dollars...
DAWG

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 11:22:37 AM »
Fedor beat guys in pride who were WAY bigger and much more skilled than lesnar or carwin.  Your point, as usual, is full of shit.

But dude, Brock is 4-1 and beat a 46-year-old Randy Couture that he was 15 years younger than and outweighed by 50+ pounds, a years-past-his-prime Heath Herring and an overhyped can in Frank Mir. He's the fucking best fighter EVER!  ::)

The most ironic part of this Fedor debate is that MindspinPSHR spends more time talking about Fedor than anyone else on here.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
Fedor beat guys in pride who were WAY bigger and much more skilled than lesnar or carwin.  Your point, as usual, is full of shit.

That era is over....PRIDE has been gone for YEARS now. Fedor has been exposed.

Does Hong Man Choi count as one that was way bigger?

Brutal opponent for Fedor to pad his record with.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
But dude, Brock is 4-1 and beat a 46-year-old Randy Couture that he was 15 years younger than and outweighed by 50+ pounds, a years-past-his-prime Heath Herring and an overhyped can in Frank Mir. He's the fucking best fighter EVER!  ::)

The most ironic part of this Fedor debate is that MindspinPSHR spends more time talking about Fedor than anyone else on here.

All of your petty arguments regarding Fedor as being the best are all moot until he steps up and joins the major leagues in the UFC and fights the best in the world. 

What ranking is Werdum these days, like 9th?    The top mma heavyweight fighters are the following:  carwin, lesnar, velasquez, and dos santos.  All UFC fighters.  This is where the best fight.    Why isn't Fedor fighting in the UFC?   Cause he's afraid of getting beat.  That's the sole reason.  Prove otherwise.  You cannot.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2010, 11:39:27 AM »
I think it's very interesting all this hatred towards Fedor given that UFC fighters themselves have nothing but respect and deference for the guy. Here is what UFC fighters think of Fedor:

"The UFC is the best organization out there, but there are some fantastic fighters outside the UFC. Obviously, Fedor comes to mind as an example of that..."

Frank Mir, former UFC heavyweight champion

"Emelianenko Fedor"

Mauricio "Shogun" Ruas, current UFC light-heavyweight champion, answering the question of who he thinks is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the World

"Most people in the United States don't know just how good Fedor is. He is very well rounded. From a technical point of view, there are no flaws in him. He is the only fighter who is a master on all aspects of the game."

Randy Couture, former UFC light-heavyweight and heavyweight champion

"Fedor Emelianenko"

George Saint-Pierre, current UFC welterweight champion, answering the question of who he thinks is the best pound-for-pound fighter of the World

"The best fighter in the World, right here. Fedor."

BJ Penn, current UFC lightweight champion, talking about Fedor who was standing right next to him.

"I would need to train from 6 to 12 months to fight him. He is the elite. Right now, I would stand no more than a puncher's chance against him."

Shane Carwin, UFC heavyweight contender, answering the question of who would win in a fight between him and Fedor

"Fedor is the best I ever fought against."

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, former UFC heavyweight champion

"I would love to fight Fedor. The best should absolutely fight the best."

Brock Lesnar, current UFC heavyweight champion

So are a dozen UFC champions from all weight classes wrong about the greatness of Fedor, and internet nobodies like "WeightPSHR" and "MindSpin" right ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

As for fedor having problems with UFC heavyweights because they are too big, Fedor didn't seem to have any problems knocking out with a single punch a 270 lbs guy who is famous for having a rock chin. Size doesen't matter when you have the punching power of a 280 lbs fighter, and it doesen't matter on the ground where leverage comes into the equation and allows a much smaller man to submit a much larger one.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

VERY outdated quotes...Nice try though.

Fedor WAS the best of an era.

His era is up, and he has been exposed.

As he has stated himself, a win is what is most important to him.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »

Brock and Carwin outweigh Fedor by 50+lbs too.

That is exactly why Fedor is afraid.

EPIC self-owning.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
He should come to the UFC where he can literally make tens of thousands of dollars...

Where is he going to make more?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2010, 12:33:15 PM »
Bezrk said no UFC Heavyweight has earned a chance to fight Fedor.  I ask again, what did Hong Man Choi who has 2 wins (one over Jose Conseco) and 3 losses do to earn his shot at Fedor ???
w

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »
Bezrk said no UFC Heavyweight has earned a chance to fight Fedor.  I ask again, what did Hong Man Choi who has 2 wins (one over Jose Conseco) and 3 losses do to earn his shot at Fedor ???

WHAT??!!!    Oh NOW i've heard it all from this dingdong.  First he states Mir isn't a top name, THEN i hear no UFC heavy is worthy of fighting the almighty Fedor.

Pure poppycock.     

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2010, 12:58:40 PM »
I ask again, what did Hong Man Choi who has 2 wins (one over Jose Conseco) and 3 losses do to earn his shot at Fedor ???

Are you seriously asking this question? A payday is a payday.

They fought @ some bullshit event called Yarennoka or whatever it is after the fall of Pride.

Hong was probably the only man with a sac to step up. You point is nil

Now if you would have said why in the hell did Rodgers step around Fedor to get a title shot instead of waiting a few more months. then I 100% agree
Giving 110%

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2010, 01:03:13 PM »
Are you seriously asking this question? A payday is a payday.

They fought @ some bullshit event called Yarennoka or whatever it is after the fall of Pride.

Hong was probably the only man with a sac to step up. You point is nil

Now if you would have said why in the hell did Rodgers step around Fedor to get a title shot instead of waiting a few more months. then I 100% agree

This fight with Hong Man Choi went on Fedor's already padded record.
Not everyone of Fedor's "wins" are against legitimate opponents.

Why is Brock fighting a higher ranked guy in his next fight then Fedor is fighting?
Not to mention Fedor is #1 ranked.

Fedor's  game of charades is coming to an end.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2010, 01:11:22 PM »
Not everyone of Brocks wins have been against legit opponents, and he only has 5 fights on his resume.

When you have 31 professional fights spanning more than a decade and you never lose in your weight class, you can't fight a number one contender every time out.

Brock is fighting a higher ranked opponent because he has been idle for 6 months while holding onto the UFC belt. He is also fighting someone who has never lost a fight and decimated somebody that has already beaten him.

Arguging that Fedor should be in the UFC is one thing. Comparing Fedor to Brock Lesnar is childish and moronic.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2010, 01:15:44 PM »
This fight with Hong Man Choi went on Fedor's already padded record.
Not everyone of Fedor's "wins" are against legitimate opponents.

Why is Brock fighting a higher ranked guy in his next fight then Fedor is fighting?
Not to mention Fedor is #1 ranked.

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Carwin is co #1 in the UFC last time I saw.

Can't get any higher than #1 within the UFC roster can it?
Giving 110%

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???

Carwin is co #1 in the UFC last time I saw.

Can't get any higher than #1 within the UFC roster can it?

wow.  who taught you reading comprehension in grade school?

He's saying that Brock is fighting a higher ranked opponent than Fedor is fighting.    Carwin > Werdum. 

Man are these guys THICK!

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 01:36:57 PM »
wow.  who taught you reading comprehension in grade school?

He's saying that Brock is fighting a higher ranked opponent than Fedor is fighting.    Carwin > Werdum. 

Man are these guys THICK!

HAHAHA Me = owned!!! Nice one.

I just jump to conclusions when Weight post anything regarding Fedor, CoCk, UFC, ect....

Giving 110%

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »

I just jump to conclusions when Weight post anything regarding Fedor, CoCk, UFC, ect....

Props Hickson.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »
Not everyone of Brocks wins have been against legit opponents, and he only has 5 fights on his resume.

When you have 31 professional fights spanning more than a decade and you never lose in your weight class, you can't fight a number one contender every time out.

Brock is fighting a higher ranked opponent because he has been idle for 6 months while holding onto the UFC belt. He is also fighting someone who has never lost a fight and decimated somebody that has already beaten him.

Arguging that Fedor should be in the UFC is one thing. Comparing Fedor to Brock Lesnar is childish and moronic.

Brock has beaten legitimate opponents, but that is subjective and I'll give you that.

You maybe misunderstood me, but I agree, Carwin is a very worthy opponent for Brock. Brock has been fighting top ranked guys since he got to the UFC. That is REMARKABLE for a guy new to MMA.

Fedor's era is over, and what he has done in the past has NOTHING to do with the SHAM he has become today.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »

Apology accepted ;D

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 01:46:17 PM »
Can anyone name a top HW besides Fedor that has fought 3 top 10 HWs (including two top 5 HWs, one who was ranked #2 in the world) in their last 3 fights? Didn't think so. /thread

The fanboys can go home now. :)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 01:50:44 PM »
Can anyone name a top HW besides Fedor that has fought 3 top 10 HWs (including two top 5 HWs, one who was ranked #2 in the world) in their last 3 fights? Didn't think so. /thread

I got a better question that doesn't have all the stipulations....

Can you name the last time a #1 Ranked guy fought a #10 ranked to defend his title?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 01:52:42 PM »

Geez.  Could you custom tailor your question to fit ONLY Fedor any better?    ::) ::) ::)

Go away BF.  You're a mental vegetarian on this board.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 01:53:24 PM »
I should have mentioned that I won't be bothering to read WeightPSHR aka Mindspin's posts because I can guarantee that they'll be full of excuses skirting around the fact that there isn't a single HW besides Fedor that has fought 3 top 10 HWs (1 ranked #2, another in the top 5 and one who hovers around 5-10) in their last 3 fights.

The truth hurts.  8)

Geez.  Could you custom tailor your question to fit ONLY Fedor any better?    ::) ::) ::)

Go away BF.  You're a mental vegetarian on this board.

What's tailored about it? It's a simple question. Is there another HW besides Fedor that has fought 3 straight top 10 ranked opponents? Stop making excuses and show me one or shut up.  

I know it's hard to come to grips with the fact that the fanboy arguments you and the gimmick circle around are completely invalid. \

I'll ask again. Is there another HW, besides Fedor, that has fought 3 top 10 HWs in their last 3 fights? Never mind that Fedor has fought 2 top FIVE HWs and a guy who hovers between 5-10.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 01:58:33 PM »
I should have mentioned that I won't be bothering to read WeightPSHR aka Mindspin's posts because I can guarantee that they'll be full of excuses skirting around the fact that there isn't a single HW besides Fedor that has fought 3 top 10 HWs (1 ranked #2, another in the top 5 and one who hovers around 5-10) in their last 3 fights.

The truth hurts.  8)

What's tailored about it? It's a simple question. Is there another HW besides Fedor that has fought 3 straight top 10 ranked opponents? Stop making excuses and show me one or shut up.  

I know it's hard to come to grips with the fact that the fanboy arguments you and the gimmick circle around are completely invalid. \

I'll ask again. Is there another HW, besides Fedor, that has fought 3 top 10 HWs in their last 3 fights? Never mind that Fedor has fought 2 top FIVE HWs and a guy who hovers between 5-10.

So your putting up the white flag huh? Damn if I knew all along it was that easy....

Can you name the last time a #1 Ranked guy fought a #10 ranked to defend his title in ANY weight class?