Author Topic: Torontonians get violent at G20 Summit  (Read 4840 times)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Torontonians get violent at G20 Summit
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
He posted it on facebook.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 05:02:41 PM »
Perhaps I entitled the thread incorrectly.

For the most part, it appears that most Torontonians, especially those who live within the security perimetre, or close to it, have chosen to leave the city this weekend. The majority of violence we are seeing is coming from out-of-towners who came specifically for the conference. It's just as David Miller said, ...these aren't Torontonians commiting the violence, but we will be the ones stuck with the bill. That sucks.  :(
w

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
They're "travelling" anarchists, the same trend exists in Europe wherever there is a chance for protests.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 09:17:21 AM »
And people wonder why the Police come down heavy handed.  There have been many peaceful protests where wearing black was banned and anyone who tried black bloc tactics was told in no uncertain terms you are not welcome.  Those 'anarchists' are nothing more than unemployed parasites.  I'm all for a social conscience but the ideas and tactics used are counterproductive.  They bring about a heavier police presence and a crack down on law abiding citizens who decide not to take a stand when they see these morons destroying shops and windows. 

For all those who did nothing to stop the black bloc walking in their protests - You run with the foxes, you get hunted by the hounds. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »
And people wonder why the Police come down heavy handed.  There have been many peaceful protests where wearing black was banned and anyone who tried black bloc tactics was told in no uncertain terms you are not welcome.  Those 'anarchists' are nothing more than unemployed parasites.  I'm all for a social conscience but the ideas and tactics used are counterproductive.  They bring about a heavier police presence and a crack down on law abiding citizens who decide not to take a stand when they see these morons destroying shops and windows. 

For all those who did nothing to stop the black bloc walking in their protests - You run with the foxes, you get hunted by the hounds. 

I saw one guy with a hammer just bashing store front windows.   Do these jerks realize that most owners of these stores are barely making a living at best?   

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 09:42:37 AM »
I saw one guy with a hammer just bashing store front windows.   Do these jerks realize that most owners of these stores are barely making a living at best?   

Good time to be in glass repair!  But seriously they are supposedly anti-corporation but were destroying things indiscriminately and even surrounded a security guard who had to back down when he came out to stop them smashing windows in the store he was protecting.  They also smashed civilian cars and basically proved they are nothing more than idiots with no message or reasoning.  They only smash things and call it political.  It's like the Taliban ideology - we aren't sophisticated enough to engage in debate and show you why our ideas are good or valid, instead we destroy stuff and try to force you into it.   
Abandon every hope...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 10:44:18 AM »
Dang, darn Canadians are as violent as the Greeks.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 11:31:19 AM »
Hmmmm,none of these protestors look like conservatives or tea party types.Are you saying the left has been lying and its really the left that has violent dangerous people in it?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 04:02:32 PM »
Dang, darn Canadians are as violent as the Greeks.

If you were speaking of Quebecois, ...I might have a tendency to agree with you.
There's nothing like a pissed off Quebecois to make you perk up in your seat, but the vast majority of Torontonians had left the city prior to the conference. The violence wasn't perpetrated by Torontonians. Most of the protestors were from out of town, ...and the vandals were those who came into Toronto.

I have an ex who works right in the heart of 52 division where the conference was held.
I'm sure he was in the mess of things. I think I'll give him a call in a few days after things settle down to see how he fared. It must have been a nightmare for all concerned.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 04:08:24 PM »
Hmmmm,none of these protestors look like conservatives or tea party types.Are you saying the left has been lying and its really the left that has violent dangerous people in it?

Dufus, ...this is Canada. We don't have a Tea Party,
...unless you count tea-time in the parlours of the Sutton Place, King Edward or Fairmont Royal York hotels.

There were legitimate protestors of all stripes, left, right, & centre. there were political activist groups for all sorts of causes. There were also vandals who came for an adrenaline rush, and possibly something else.  :-X

It's interesting the timing of the summits tho ...while the entire world is entraced by the World Cup.

Coincidence.... I think not!
w

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »
To make this BB related, even Jay Cutler commented on it  ;D

" I cant believe that G20 going on in toronto... Thats my second home.!!! Maybe I should be a cop today. I'd love to see these protestors push me and coleman around if we were the cops ....well coleman is.. I'm not... maybe after im done the OLYMPIA>...LOL"
Ok I saw his post on Facebook. Jay is a little removed from what's going on though. He is probably still making the same amount of money or even more than he did two - three years ago. He deserves his success he is busting his ass. But really he should not be frustrated with these protesters. The real people responsible for this mess are the greedy bastards in government, finance and industry. The protests are a byproduct of their incompetence. Expect to see more protests in the future and also in the USA. Jay will have to hurry up and become a cop because he will get his chance. Not sure if he will be able to stop them all though. Look at what happened to the world's strongest man when he fought Silvia. If one of the protesters happen to be a guy like Fedor I feel sorry for Jay.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 11:16:46 AM »
Cops are provocateurs in Canada

C

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
HEY  WAIT A MINUTE,  I THOUGHT THAT ONLY 85 YEAR OLD WHITE TEA PARTY GOING PEOPLE WERE THE VIOLENT ONES ;D
down with hussein