Author Topic: The UFC should get a new announcer  (Read 3877 times)

dustin

Re: The UFC should get a new announcer
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
how about No.

His brother has the perfect professional voice.

BUT No one comes close to the Intensity of bruce buffers announcing. He seems pumped for the figh. His brother never does.

The last part is especially true. My buddy hung out with him and Randy Couture all night and the guy trains seriously hard. Randy was giving him props too. BJJ, cardio, hits the gym. He trains for announcing for fuck sakes. You can see how jacked up he gets before announcing the fighters. I agree that his brother sounds more professional but Bruce fits the bill perfectly.

As far as commentating is concerned, Joe is the man and says what's on every intelligent MMA fan's mind. He's done his homework and I don't think anyone doubts him anymore and thinks of him as the goof from Fear Factor anymore. Joe is legit. Micheal Goldberg compliments Joe perfectly too. They're a fantastic pair. My circle of friends and I liken Goldberg to the hyped up, but retarded arm chair commentator you hear in bars. He's watched TUF, he reads the occasional news highlights (just UFC though, other MMA news doesn't count), he makes stupid comments but doesn't give a shit. Goldberg knows his shit, but he's a patsy. He reads the spot insertions (adverts.), makes the Joe Blow bar comments and Joe makes the intelligent comments. That contrast is strategic and is what's brought in millions of retarded and some intelligent fans. Dana is brilliant. A dick, but brilliant.

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT SON You show me another announcer this talented. THE BUFFER 360! No one is as great as Bruce Buffer god damnit.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 10:10:25 AM »
how about No.

His brother has the perfect professional voice.

BUT No one comes close to the Intensity of bruce buffers announcing. He seems pumped for the figh. His brother never does.
I nominate Swede for this position.