Author Topic: Dana White- Brilliant Views on Fedor  (Read 2189 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Dana White- Brilliant Views on Fedor
« on: July 01, 2010, 08:21:28 AM »
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/

On who he feels is the biggest loser out after Fedor Emelianenko’s loss out of Fedor, Strikeforce, and M-1 Global:

I think they’re all a bunch of losers. Here’s the thing. And everybody knows how long I’ve been saying this and everybody probably thought I was just saying it because I couldn’t come to terms with him. I don’t believe a guy who hasn’t fought anybody since 2005 should be considered one of the best fighters in the world. Yes, he was one of the best in what he accomplished back in the old days, but he hasn’t been fighting anybody recently. And now he just lost to a guy who couldn’t make it in the UFC. And the other thing, they didn’t sell any tickets to that fight. They did under a million-dollar gate, I don’t care what they say publicly, they did under a million-dollar gate. And they did 400 thousand viewers on television. So what that tells me is, nobody cares. The reality is the media, and a few guys on the Internet have pumped this guy up. I can’t believe nobody sees through the B.S.

On what type of business he feels the UFC could have done if they signed him earlier and was able to put on a Fedor vs. Brock Lesnar fight, and if he has any interest to pursue signing Fedor now:

I believe that if we would have been able to take him into the UFC last year, or even right before this loss, and promoted him properly, we could have done big, big business. Now I have no interest in him. Zero. I didn’t think he was great before. It was the media. As soon as he lost, my phone started blowing up and it was media guys being like, ‘what do you think about him losing?’ What do you mean what do I think about him losing? Did you guys hear me saying he was great ever? It was the exact opposite. Like I said earlier, they had 400 thousand people who watched that fight. We did a taped event on Spike TV, versus his live event, and we had 1.5 million viewers. I mean, 400 thousand viewers. The Strikeforce event before this one did 165 thousand viewers. More people watch my video blogs than watched that fight.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Dana White- Brilliant Views on Fedor
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 04:54:43 PM »
Typical Dana White douchebaggery.

!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »
he's very arrogant and stupid
irongearco.com

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 07:07:25 AM »
Arrogant?  Yes.  Stupid?  No.  Look at what he has done for MMA.  That is a great interview, and as much I think he is a prick, it's all true.
w

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 10:54:42 AM »
Yet White tried anything in his power to get Fedor, calls after calls, failed negotiations...sacrifici ng all his free time - very easy to say all this nonsense in hindsight and with no investment in him.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »
Yet White tried anything in his power to get Fedor, calls after calls, failed negotiations...sacrifici ng all his free time - very easy to say all this nonsense in hindsight and with no investment in him.

This was BEFORE Fedor got exposed by a #10 HW.

Fedor had stock value then to the UFC. Dana's hope in bringing Fedor to the UFC was to have all top ranked HW's in the UFC.

If Fedor came to the UFC, he would either get demolished and make the UFC look that much better

-or-

Fedor could have (LOL!) beaten Brock or Carwin and verified his #1 ranking.

Now that Werdum demolished Fedor, Fedor is worth nothing to the UFC.

Werdum basically saved the UFC millions and freed up the #1 ranking for a true competitive HW that WILL fight the TOP ranked guys.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »
 Fedor owns your mind, and he owns's Dana White's mind too.