Author Topic: Obama says NASA needs a technological breakthrough. LMFAO @ Space Cadet Obama  (Read 788 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama says NASA needs a technological breakthrough (Obama wants to land on an asteroid)
MSNBC ^ | 7/7/2011 | msnbc

________________________ ________________________ __________________

Answering a question in a Twitter town hall meeting Thursday, President Obama suggested spaceflight is stuck in the Apollo-era mode and said NASA needs a technological breakthrough to allow faster, longer spaceflight with a goal of getting astronauts to Mars.

"Frankly, I have been pushing NASA to revamp its vision," Obama said. "The shuttle did some extraordinary work in low orbit: experiments, the International Space Station, moving cargo. It was an extraordinary accomplishment and we're very proud of the work that it did. But now what we need is that next technological breakthrough.

"We’re still using the same models for space travel that we used with the Apollo program, 30, 40 years ago. And so what we've said is: Rather than keep on doing the same thing, let's invest in basic research around new technologies that can get us places faster, allow human spaceflight to last longer. And what you're seeing now is NASA, I think, redefining its mission.

"We've set a goal: Let's ultimately get to Mars," the president said while fielding questions from Twitter users about the economy and other subjects. "A good pit stop is an asteroid." He joked that a specific asteroid has not been chosen.

(Excerpt) Read more at msnbc.msn.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _______________

LMFAO.   I guess NASA did not think of this first.   ha ha ha ha.   

Obama is the dumbest man to ever hold WH office ever. 

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
Maybe that retard of a president should've gave the 787 billion stimulus to NASA instead of wasting it on non shovel ready projects and bailing out Goldman Sachs.  Give NASA that much money and we'd have faster than light travel by now.
Live free or die

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LMFAO!!!!! 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Obama says NASA needs a technological breakthrough (Obama wants to land on an asteroid)
MSNBC ^ | 7/7/2011 | msnbc

________________________ ________________________ __________________

Answering a question in a Twitter town hall meeting Thursday, President Obama suggested spaceflight is stuck in the Apollo-era mode and said NASA needs a technological breakthrough to allow faster, longer spaceflight with a goal of getting astronauts to Mars.

"Frankly, I have been pushing NASA to revamp its vision," Obama said. "The shuttle did some extraordinary work in low orbit: experiments, the International Space Station, moving cargo. It was an extraordinary accomplishment and we're very proud of the work that it did. But now what we need is that next technological breakthrough.

"We’re still using the same models for space travel that we used with the Apollo program, 30, 40 years ago. And so what we've said is: Rather than keep on doing the same thing, let's invest in basic research around new technologies that can get us places faster, allow human spaceflight to last longer. And what you're seeing now is NASA, I think, redefining its mission.

"We've set a goal: Let's ultimately get to Mars," the president said while fielding questions from Twitter users about the economy and other subjects. "A good pit stop is an asteroid." He joked that a specific asteroid has not been chosen.

(Excerpt) Read more at msnbc.msn.com ...

________________________ ________________________ _______________

LMFAO.   I guess NASA did not think of this first.   ha ha ha ha.   

Obama is the dumbest man to ever hold WH office ever. 

umm he is correct.. are you retarded or something? He was joking about the asteroid although as you know there is a significant amount between here and Mars. Revamping the research process is the first step for sure.

are you guys seriously retarded? or do you just blindly hate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
umm he is correct.. are you retarded or something? He was joking about the asteroid although as you know there is a significant amount between here and Mars. Revamping the research process is the first step for sure.

Obama told the nasa admn that the first and most important priority was muslim outreach.  I guess that was the breakthrough that ghetto scumbag was referring to. 

Jihadis in Space

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The Blog

Obama Names Himself 'Scientist-in-Chief'

11:05 AM, Apr 2, 2013 • By DANIEL HALPER

Single PagePrintLarger TextSmaller TextAlerts

At a speech this morning at the White House to outline a new science initiative, President Barack Obama named himself "Scientist-in-Chief."

"I’m glad I’ve been promoted Scientist-in-Chief," Obama said to laughter at the White House. "Given my grades in physics, I’m not sure it’s deserving.  But I hold science in proper esteem, so maybe that gives me a little credit."

Obama said he brought together a lot of smart people, which would help grow the eocnomy. "Today I’ve invited some of the smartest people in the country, some of the most imaginative and effective researchers in the country -- some very smart people to talk about the challenge that I issued in my State of the Union address:  to grow our economy, to create new jobs, to reignite a rising, thriving middle class by investing in one of our core strengths, and that’s American innovation," said Obama.

Ideas are what power our economy.  It’s what sets us apart.  It’s what America has been all about.  We have been a nation of dreamers and risk-takers; people who see what nobody else sees sooner than anybody else sees it.  We do innovation better than anybody else -- and that makes our economy stronger.  When we invest in the best ideas before anybody else does, our businesses and our workers can make the best products and deliver the best services before anybody else."

Obama then explained his proposal:

"So the founders of Google got their early support from the National Science Foundation.  The Apollo project that put a man on the moon also gave us eventually CAT scans.  And every dollar we spent to map the human genome has returned $140 to our economy -- $1 of investment, $140 in return.  Dr. Collins helped lead that genome effort, and that’s why we thought it was appropriate to have him here to announce the next great American project, and that’s what we're calling the BRAIN Initiative.

Related Stories
Hagel Doesn't Understand the Defense Budget
Feds Sign $6M Helicopter Contract for 'Wild Horse and ...
Biden's One-Night Paris Hotel Tab: $585,000.50
Budget Compromise?
The Left Compares Obama’s Win to Reagan’s

More by Daniel Halper
Feds to Allow Nicorette to Ease Off Warning Labels
U.S. Warship Moves Toward North Korea
Blood Libel
W.H. Won't Comment on Controversial 'Political' Easter ...
Obama 2 for 22 at Easter Egg Roll

"As humans, we can identify galaxies light years away, we can study particles smaller than an atom.  But we still haven’t unlocked the mystery of the three pounds of matter that sits between our ears.  (Laughter.)  But today, scientists possess the capability to study individual neurons and figure out the main functions of certain areas of the brain.  But a human brain contains almost 100 billion neurons making trillions of connections.  So Dr. Collins says it’s like listening to the strings section and trying to figure out what the whole orchestra sounds like.  So as a result, we’re still unable to cure diseases like Alzheimer’s or autism, or fully reverse the effects of a stroke.  And the most powerful computer in the world isn’t nearly as intuitive as the one we’re born with.

"So there is this enormous mystery waiting to be unlocked, and the BRAIN Initiative will change that by giving scientists the tools they need to get a dynamic picture of the brain in action and better understand how we think and how we learn and how we remember.  And that knowledge could be -- will be -- transformative."

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

if you read his all his post you don't even have to ask the question  ;D :D