Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads
HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO TO KNOW THE SECRET OF LIFE?
(1/16) > >>
andreisdaman:
What if a cosmic being of infinite wisdom appeared and stated that he would take you on a journey through time and space and would show you every secret to the universe?..secrets such as why are we here, is there a God and who/what is he/her, what is our purpose here, are there other life forms out there, what is beyond the universe,   and are we here through evolution or devine intervention?

But......this being also told you that once you have learned all of these secrets you would have to die since it would be too dangerous for you to share this knowledge with the world..would you take the deal?
Hustle Man:
There is a verse in the bible that talks about this very thing; Paul wrote this to the Corinthians.

2 Corinthians 12:2-4

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.
3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—
4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

You seem to be searching but in a futile direction, maybe God is tugging at you, just a thought.
loco:

--- Quote from: andreisdaman on July 08, 2010, 12:00:18 PM ---What if a cosmic being of infinite wisdom appeared and stated that he would take you on a journey through time and space and would show you every secret to the universe?..secrets such as why are we here, is there a God and who/what is he/her, what is our purpose here, are there other life forms out there, what is beyond the universe,   and are we here through evolution or devine intervention?

But......this being also told you that once you have learned all of these secrets you would have to die since it would be too dangerous for you to share this knowledge with the world..would you take the deal?

--- End quote ---

No.  That would be like killing yourself just to find out if there is anything beyond death, and if so what is it.
andreisdaman:

--- Quote from: Hustle Man on July 08, 2010, 12:40:48 PM ---There is a verse in the bible that talks about this very thing; Paul wrote this to the Corinthians.

2 Corinthians 12:2-4

2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.
3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows—
4 was caught up to paradise. He heard inexpressible things, things that man is not permitted to tell.

You seem to be searching but in a futile direction, maybe God is tugging at you, just a thought.

--- End quote ---

Very nice post...but I don't think God is tugging at me..I (and many others) are pulling away from him....this hypothetical being might reveal that there is no God....and that we are the result of natural phenomena....you never know...but lets say this being told you this..would you STILL believe in God??....thats the question for you to answer to yourself
loco:

--- Quote from: andreisdaman on July 08, 2010, 12:47:25 PM ---Very nice post...but I don't think God is tugging at me..I (and many others) are pulling away from him....this hypothetical being might reveal that there is no God....and that we are the result of natural phenomena....you never know...but lets say this being told you this..would you STILL believe in God??....thats the question for you to answer to yourself

--- End quote ---

Interesting stuff!

Hypothetically, a powerful, more intelligent being from another planet could reveal itself to us and tell us that there is no God.  Yet, that would not mean that there is no God, but simply that this being thinks that there isn't, even if God does exist.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version